Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-03-2015, 08:10 AM   #1
drftx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
drftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftx
I have no idea what i'm doing r32 gtst build from the midwest

Whats going on folks! Some of you might remember me and my s13 or brz idk. But im back with a new car and a new build.

A little bit of background of my previous cars.

After this onvia I picked up this s13 with a silvia front. My first turbo car and first sr20

Then I blew the motor and started to change everything

Then this happened after the Equips

Parted out my s13 and got a brz. The brz was a fun and awesome car, I decided to part out the brz and keep it stock and got the 32.

Then got advan model 5's

Went to advan TC3

Then meet up some internet friends and did internet things at final bout 2

Chicago, Texas, Norcal and Socal all at my place was too crazy.

Brought them for the BEST pizza in Chicago

HI !!!! ^_^

New pick up would be this 90 r32 gtst with a rb20det

I was going to use this in the BRZ then I decided to keep it for the 32

Got a buddy club s13 rail and a vertex shift knob

I thought the seat rail would work but some hammering needed the rear hole did not line up so a couple mutinies with a hammer made it work!

IN you go!

To delete the rear HICAS I decided to run a s14 sub frame. I came across a s13 welded diff so im gonna run that with a s14 diff cover. With this setup I can run s14 axles just in case if I snap axles I can get them instead of trying to find r32 axles.

Got the s13 printed on a canvas

There is a lot of little things that I have to fix on this car. For example the intercooler piping the person before me used exhaust pipes -.- and check out these not even bolted on. So a quick run to the hard wear store to pick up some fancy bolts.

Gonna clean up the bay during winter downtime

Then picked this bad boy up

Last edited by drftx; 04-11-2016 at 07:02 PM..
drftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2015, 08:13 PM   #2
drftx
Post Whore!

drftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant future
Thank youuuuuuuuu Streettterrr

Last edited by drftx; 04-11-2016 at 07:03 PM..
drftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:35 PM   #3
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Ah it's good to see that Streeter has a way to ship larger kits (just as long as you don't mind glassing the half's together).

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:24 PM   #4
wolf904
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
wolf904 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews

Its like, I don't want to say you can't top this, because after all it was your build...

but holy fuck I don't know how you can top that lol. That thing was a camber switch-aroo to perfection. and thats being nit picky. That car was way rad. but, if you were able to put that together, I know the skyline is going to be just as cool! man a thread thats currently ongoing that im stoked for! subbed!
wolf904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:54 PM   #5
Rusker
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Rusker is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This will be an interesting build.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:38 PM   #6
drftx
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Ah it's good to see that Streeter has a way to ship larger kits (just as long as you don't mind glassing the half's together).
I did not want to go through GTR garage thats why ahha. Streeter is a great person! 3 days from Okinawa to Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf904 View Post

Its like, I don't want to say you can't top this, because after all it was your build...

but holy fuck I don't know how you can top that lol. That thing was a camber switch-aroo to perfection. and thats being nit picky. That car was way rad. but, if you were able to put that together, I know the skyline is going to be just as cool! man a thread thats currently ongoing that im stoked for! subbed!
Thanks so much man but this will be a different style for me. Im not going overs and dished wheels bla bla but lets see if it turns out good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusker View Post
This will be an interesting build.
Thanks!!!
Old 11-05-2015, 10:39 PM   #7
drftx
Post Whore!

Parts Station DUCE type 2

Old 11-06-2015, 04:38 PM   #8
wolf904
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
wolf904 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drftx View Post
Thanks so much man but this will be a different style for me. Im not going overs and dished wheels bla bla but lets see if it turns out good
Cool man, I think thats the right choice. Street cars are the coolest on stock metal. and even if its not some dished 3 piece shit I know with you're taste you'll make it cool. Can't wait to see what you do with it
wolf904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:38 PM   #9
drftx
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf904 View Post
Cool man, I think thats the right choice. Street cars are the coolest on stock metal. and even if its not some dished 3 piece shit I know with you're taste you'll make it cool. Can't wait to see what you do with it
Thanks man! Im getting origin front fenders for sure because the gts fenders suck.

Also for wheels if I find em on yaj advan rg ( original ) origin drf s7 or grenade gx01
Old 11-07-2015, 03:36 AM   #10
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
This was my fav stage, definitely looking towards what's next.

Old 11-07-2015, 11:22 AM   #11
drftx
Post Whore!

Quick test fit

Just for fun lol

Old 11-07-2015, 12:42 PM   #12
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
getting aero from japan is so inconvenient. they had to cut all my tommykaira stuff too
Old 11-09-2015, 01:05 PM   #13
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
wtf they cut up aero just to ship it?!
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 01:28 PM   #14
BOOGS!
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
BOOGS! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
dont have to but its a lot cheaper
BOOGS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 01:32 PM   #15
BryanS14
Leaky Injector

BryanS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonesfreak2010 View Post
Probably cuts shipping down by half! pun not intended.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:38 PM   #16
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonesfreak2010 View Post
When I ordered mine I was told that the side skirts were too long to ship by sea but would fit on an airplane ( go figure). The problem was that they took up so much volume if they were in one piece and would make the shipping costs astronomical.

So by doing a bit of fiberglass work one is able to save a small fortune on shipping.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:28 PM   #17
drftx
Post Whore!

Just to clarify if the aero was not cut in half shipping alone was just 1300. Shipping it cut in half was 400 just for shipping so that's more than half off. I know how to fiberglass so I opted to glass it my self.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:36 PM   #18
danshaz
Zilvia Junkie

danshaz is an unknown quantity at this point
i saw this parked at sprint the other week

Last edited by danshaz; 01-04-2016 at 03:30 PM..
danshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 12:21 AM   #19
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Just to clarify if the aero was not cut in half shipping alone was just 1300. Shipping it cut in half was 400 just for shipping so that's more than half off. I know how to fiberglass so I opted to glass it my self.
Even if you didn't know how to fiberglass the halves together yourself, you could easily have a competent person/bodyshop do it and get it fitting right with the money you saved on the shipping. The shipping costs increase exponentially with size, it's insane.

I also had a bumper shipped in halves from Jesse and I'm not too worried about getting it glasses together myself, but feel free to post some pics on your process

anyway, build looks promising - subscribed.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:04 AM   #20
drftx
Post Whore!

PS duce is so rad! I wanted to run BN but it looks like almost every r32 out there runs BN.

Updates will be slow as I just bought tickets to Japan for exciting car showdown!!!! EXCITE!
Old 11-11-2015, 06:11 PM   #21
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
...and weren't you the dude banned from the FRS/BRZ forums for scamming dudes? Isn't that how you afford your cars?
Old 11-11-2015, 06:22 PM   #22
drftx
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
...and weren't you the dude banned from the FRS/BRZ forums for scamming dudes? Isn't that how you afford your cars?
ANNNDDD Not really you must be really really stupid look at my zilvia join date as well OH WAIT let me screen shot you that im still on frs/brz So you can sit the fuck down kthxbai

OH what a trader rating that I just recently did SUPER BANNED BRO

Anyway before I was rudely interrupted.

Glassed the skirts together!

Streeter kindly labeled the skirts what goes where

Old 11-11-2015, 06:28 PM   #23
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
So you're still on there. That's cool. Here's what a little digging got me. I'm sure I'll find the rest of it during work tonight.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69628

Edit: Thread deleted. Good move. Hope there's enough shit to steal and sell to build your Skyline.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...t=58341&page=3
Old 11-11-2015, 06:57 PM   #24
drftx
Post Whore!

Lmfao kid is hilarious
Old 11-11-2015, 07:03 PM   #25
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Lmfao kid is hilarious
Hahaha. 'Kid.' I can't prove anything anymore so I'll lay off.

Try to keep your nose clean, kid.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:07 PM   #26
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Damn so cuting body kids in half takes off 1/3 off of shipping lol

were these used or new parts? Even with the shipping savings i couldn't do this to my kits.

When i ordered parts I shared a contanier with someone so i imagine this is why I didn't have to go thru this
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:42 PM   #27
drftx
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboshoebox View Post
Damn so cuting body kids in half takes off 1/3 off of shipping lol

were these used or new parts? Even with the shipping savings i couldn't do this to my kits.

When i ordered parts I shared a contanier with someone so i imagine this is why I didn't have to go thru this
Brand spanking new from PS DUCE I mean yeah I would the old fashioned way ship it through ha container bla bla bla.... But I know how to fiberglass I'm just lazy haha. The whole glassing process took me a good day. Its not even that bad I paid $850 for the kit all said and done and took 3 days.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:11 PM   #28
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
850 for front and sides only? Sounds about right for real deal jdm kits.

Luckily being the ship comes into california ports and I'm in california I don't have to deal with any other additional shipping.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:05 PM   #29
drftx
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboshoebox View Post
850 for front and sides only? Sounds about right for real deal jdm kits.

Luckily being the ship comes into california ports and I'm in california I don't have to deal with any other additional shipping.
I have the rear too i just haven't done it yet lazy haha
Old 11-11-2015, 11:06 PM   #30
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

850 for a whole kit? how so cheap?

Most jdm kits are 500 each for front, sides, rear, front fenders rear fenders etc.