Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:58 AM   #781
matts13vert
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (31)
matts13vert is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
that's the problem right there...hahaha. charlie can't drive for shits! haha.

you can tell him I said so! haha.

Only person at JD that I would let test a car is Henry. charlie...hahahaha. thanks for this laugh..i'm gonna go make fun of him now. haha. (i'm really laughing hard right now....this is an ongoing joke we've had for like 5 years about how charlie shouldn't drive peoples cars)

edit: FACEBOOK BLASTED! lol
Lmao he can drive better than me which i guess doesnt help.
matts13vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2011, 05:44 AM   #782
anton1o
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
anton1o is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to anton1o
Quote:
Originally Posted by matts13vert View Post
PBM pro coils
Upgraded multilink
basic ka-t
6 puck clutch
welded diff
dampening full stiff in the rear, half way from stiff up front.

alignment -3.5 camber front -2 rear, 7 degrees caster, 0 toe

215/35 595ss all around on 18x10

I have the stock clothes hanger sway bar on right now but i meant swap it out for a larger one?
Hey buddy,

If it was my car i would change the rim setup 1st, i can see by the look of the 18x10 on 215/35 with -2 camber that your probarbly going for the "cool" drift look? Also a welded diff isnt so easy, if the front isnt gripping up correctly its going to be "pushing" the car forward and not always in the best directions.. Nothing against them but you maybe just need to change a few things.

Why dont you borrow a mates basic rims maybe something like 18x9+20 for the rear try straighten up the camber to like -1 or -0.5, the 215 would be ok but if you can knock it up a bit and bring tyre pressure to about 34/36PSI.

For the fronts i would also ditch the 18x10, Sure they are awesome.. But with drift its good to learn the basics, enjoy the car, Level up with your skill.. Id go with a 18x9 and run the same 215 tyre so its not having to stretch beyond belief or even a 225, Camber is good, Caster is good, What about Toe? Aslong as that is factory levels you should be fine there also.

Thats my recommendations, sure your car wont be 'Hellaflush' but its drift, and from what youve said it seems like your still learning

anton1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:02 AM   #783
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyRHS13 View Post
Not going to lie, Eric Castro's posts in this thread helped me a lot. Stock single cam with Z32 wheels. Enter as fast as you possibly can, feint, clutch kick the living fuck out of it and never lift.
Zebra stripes also help.

<3. You've become a much better driver as of late.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:39 PM   #784
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
Csomme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
david, no, the guy that sets up Dai's car and Matt's car. He doesn't have anything to do with Chris' car, but he is one of the smartest suspension guys out there. Especially when it comes to drifting.
Csomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:47 PM   #785
JDMStanced
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
JDMStanced is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
is it ok to use acorn shaped lugnuts on rims that have flat surface where lugnuts make contact?
JDMStanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:44 PM   #786
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMStanced View Post
is it ok to use acorn shaped lugnuts on rims that have flat surface where lugnuts make contact?
wrong thread but no. They rim wont sit as it should, and your lugs will eventually break

Get the right onces, Volk sells some for the GT-C i think
Old 07-15-2011, 11:29 AM   #787
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by anton1o View Post
Hey buddy,

If it was my car i would change the rim setup 1st, i can see by the look of the 18x10 on 215/35 with -2 camber that your probarbly going for the "cool" drift look? Also a welded diff isnt so easy, if the front isnt gripping up correctly its going to be "pushing" the car forward and not always in the best directions.. Nothing against them but you maybe just need to change a few things.

Why dont you borrow a mates basic rims maybe something like 18x9+20 for the rear try straighten up the camber to like -1 or -0.5, the 215 would be ok but if you can knock it up a bit and bring tyre pressure to about 34/36PSI.

For the fronts i would also ditch the 18x10, Sure they are awesome.. But with drift its good to learn the basics, enjoy the car, Level up with your skill.. Id go with a 18x9 and run the same 215 tyre so its not having to stretch beyond belief or even a 225, Camber is good, Caster is good, What about Toe? Aslong as that is factory levels you should be fine there also.

Thats my recommendations, sure your car wont be 'Hellaflush' but its drift, and from what youve said it seems like your still learning
to be honest, if you were going to switch to a 18x9 just to learn drifting, you might as well pick up some stockies and learn to slide like that. Once you get it down packed...moving to a bigger wheel will just be a little harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csomme View Post
david, no, the guy that sets up Dai's car and Matt's car. He doesn't have anything to do with Chris' car, but he is one of the smartest suspension guys out there. Especially when it comes to drifting.

well in that case, I have some serious questions to Dai's braking system. lol. we were watching him slow down at long beach, his fronts would lock up, rears were still spinning no problem, then he would get on the gas and blamo...take off. Some of the fab guys I know are wondering if he's running a shut off system to the rear brakes (maybe a spring related valving).
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:42 AM   #788
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
just tried my new entry technique yesterday at an event

I call it the whammy honker. its a feint that I start with a clutch kick so I can enter super early.
word sux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 06:53 AM   #789
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
Csomme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:

well in that case, I have some serious questions to Dai's braking system. lol. we were watching him slow down at long beach, his fronts would lock up, rears were still spinning no problem, then he would get on the gas and blamo...take off. Some of the fab guys I know are wondering if he's running a shut off system to the rear brakes (maybe a spring related valving).
He just has a proportioning(spelling? lol) valve, inside the car for the wilwood stuff, he's running a sweet dual caliper rear, so he could even stand to completely just run fronts if he wanted to, then ebrake when he needed.
Csomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:13 AM   #790
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csomme View Post
He just has a proportioning(spelling? lol) valve, inside the car for the wilwood stuff, he's running a sweet dual caliper rear, so he could even stand to completely just run fronts if he wanted to, then ebrake when he needed.
aaaahhhhhh....it all makes sense now. lol
Old 07-16-2011, 11:13 AM   #791
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
Zebra stripes also help.

<3. You've become a much better driver as of late.
Awww thanks, Fro.

ECB was my first event since those Pocono event's you were at haha. Honestly, the alignment helped A LOT.

EVERYONE GET YOUR FUCKING CARS ALIGNED. It really make's a world of a difference.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #792
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Yeah, an alignment is a must.

Without it, it is like trying to run with your shoes untied.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:19 PM   #793
Pignoseluther

Pignoseluther is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok I just got my first s13 and want to get into drifting but no one around me has a rwd or let alone a s chasis I would like to hear from u guys who drift alot where to start I have a k24de a stock rear end and the guy b4 me cut the springs ( so I'm looking for suspension upgrades) so any info would help I appreciate u guys helping a noob
Pignoseluther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:14 PM   #794
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pignoseluther View Post
Ok I just got my first s13 and want to get into drifting but no one around me has a rwd or let alone a s chasis I would like to hear from u guys who drift alot where to start I have a k24de a stock rear end and the guy b4 me cut the springs ( so I'm looking for suspension upgrades) so any info would help I appreciate u guys helping a noob
Get coilovers, weld the diff and go to the local track and drive drive drive.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:10 AM   #795
anton1o
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
to be honest, if you were going to switch to a 18x9 just to learn drifting, you might as well pick up some stockies and learn to slide like that. Once you get it down packed...moving to a bigger wheel will just be a little harder.
Understand what your saying, but atleast he can still run his current tyres just not as stupidly stretch and he will have proper ground contact

Going down to a Stockies will just mean more funds spent on good tyres in 16" diamater, meaning huge sidewalls and big flex.. Maybe on the rears cause they will be easy to control, but up front no way imo!

Old 07-17-2011, 01:30 AM   #796
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by anton1o View Post
Understand what your saying, but atleast he can still run his current tyres just not as stupidly stretch and he will have proper ground contact

Going down to a Stockies will just mean more funds spent on good tyres in 16" diamater, meaning huge sidewalls and big flex.. Maybe on the rears cause they will be easy to control, but up front no way imo!
Drifting on stockies is cake. 16" tires are pretty cheap. Se's go fo like 80-120 w/o tires for all 4. One of his tires will cost that much. Why not make it easier to drift, learn some stuff, then go on to his bigger wheels he already has?

iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:15 PM   #797
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
if you need drift tires just go around to local shops and raid tire pile's

free tires rule
word sux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #798
JDMStanced
Zilvia Addict

is it ok to use these tires to drift? they already have cracks. dunlop direzza.
i'm guessing the bold part (camber wear) is going to show wire very soon while drifting.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #799
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMStanced View Post

is it ok to use these tires to drift? they already have cracks. dunlop direzza.
i'm guessing the bold part (camber wear) is going to show wire very soon while drifting.
pretty much a dead tire. good for a couple laps. just put the meat side on the inside. tires usually wear more on the inside if you are running camber.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:12 PM   #800
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Personally, I'd find that a waste of time (mount/dismount) as well as space to use that tire.

Especially if you are not mounting your tires yourself/for free.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:51 PM   #801
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Personally, I'd find that a waste of time (mount/dismount) as well as space to use that tire.

Especially if you are not mounting your tires yourself/for free.
as I would agree with your statement as well. some people just like using up ALL of the tire. to each their own.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:11 PM   #802
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
revcyanide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
as I would agree with your statement as well. some people just like using up ALL of the tire. to each their own.
I get tires for free sometimes witha lot better tread, at WORST they are where those are, i mount em myself.
i use em till belts are everywhere : D
revcyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #803
JDMStanced
Zilvia Addict

can i haz some tirez for frhee? lol
i'll just bring these wheels and another pair next time.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #804
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
revcyanide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

as an example, got this set for free.99 235/40/17 i think? usually decent sizes

and no, none for you
revcyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:32 PM   #805
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

yup...free tires, free mounting, makes it worth the few laps that you can get out of em.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:40 PM   #806
anton1o
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheyi View Post
Drifting on stockies is cake. 16" tires are pretty cheap. Se's go fo like 80-120 w/o tires for all 4. One of his tires will cost that much. Why not make it easier to drift, learn some stuff, then go on to his bigger wheels he already has?
I've just never been a fan of stocks personally, car just feels like its got a blown tire with so much flex going on and huge tire, 17" with a 45 profile is just a good all rounder.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:58 PM   #807
chiboy002
Post Whore!

chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by word sux View Post
if you need drift tires just go around to local shops and raid tire pile's

free tires rule
Not worrying about used tires wearing out fast = better
Old 07-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #808
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Carefuk about running tires down until they explode. Wouldn't want to damage your car because the thread slaps the car or damage your wheel.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:24 AM   #809
jasoncanseeoh
Zilvia Member

jasoncanseeoh is an unknown quantity at this point
^the truth.

just happened to me at the last event. lol
jasoncanseeoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:21 PM   #810
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

haha, one of the drivers of mulsanne (chuck) blew his fender 20 feet in the air cause of a tire blowing out on him. crazy shit.