Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #31
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Infiniti M35x

I have one and it's quite comfy with ample room.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2009, 08:51 PM   #32
ripnbst
Zilvia Addict

ripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her self
^Silviaguy240 LOL, you're nuts. I said 600, not 6000. Those cars are baller but I dont have that kind of budget. i am leaning towards the Evo X GSR pretty heavily. I know its not a 3 series but it should be comfortable enough. I am not fat so the seat should suit me fine. I dont see my clients being that uncomfortable. The longest I could see a client in my car at any one time is a half hour. Thats not really long enough to bitch about comfort if you ask me.

To the guy who said spend some of my own money and get an M3, I honestly thought about it. But then in 5 years (Or less) I have to get another car and I spent money I didnt need to on the car upfront that I wont get back so to me putting more money on top. On the topic of BMW I have looked into getting a 3 series but for the options I would want it ends up being a little more money than the Evo. I am not sure what kind of incentives BMW has right now but I know Mitsu America is hurting to sell their Evo inventory.

I have also thought going the complete opposite direction and getting something like a civic or something of the sort. Whatever I have left from the allowance put it in my pocket. Then after like a year or two put a nice down payment on a 350Z, E36 M3, etc and turn that into a track car/weekend warrior.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:56 PM   #33
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
LS460

done
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:00 PM   #34
lolatclint
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
lolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lolatclint
school bus
lolatclint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:19 PM   #35
babowc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaguy240 View Post
LS460L

A8L

XJ8 PLAAAAASSSSSS

or anything else that comes long wheel base
My pops has the LS460 and I tell you, it is very very very comfortable, but $600 won't get him anywhere close to it. He's paying $1200-1300/mo.. $0 down, 60mo, 6 or 7%
babowc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #36
babowc
Post Whore!

babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
And also, I think the majority of people are thinking too "sporty"
if you're going to be hauling clients around, wouldn't you want something luxury and comfortable?

3 series are NOT comfortable.
IS isn't that comfortable either.
I've never ridden in a A4 so I can't say.

$600/mo w/ 6k down should be able to get you a 5 series with a lease option or even over a 72mo period. Hell, if you're not paying for it, get the best car you can get with the longest payment period.

After the 5 year period is up, what happens to the car? Is it sold or kept?
babowc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:32 PM   #37
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
A "normal" (non-M3) 3 series with a sport package is pretty damn cushy. It's not a Cadillac, but I doubt anybody in the world would complain about being driven around in one.

If it were me, I'd probably get a G37 or E92(2 door 3 series). Screw an LS Lexus, he's not 50 years old(it sounds like). The Evo is just going to be seen as a Mitsu by 99% of the people out there, and that's not exactly what I'd want to show up in to pick up a client. They'll probably just think you're driving around in some loud Mirage or something, not a good first impression.

It also matters what your job is, and the image you want to project. So what exactly do you do? Everybody I know with a company car usually just gets a Ford Taurus or equivalent and has no out of pocket expenses.
Def is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #38
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
is250 awd
m35x
328xi

forget that evo jazz unless you work for HKS or something; boy racer type cars shouldn't be on the company car radar.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:59 PM   #39
flip3d
Zilvia FREAK!

flip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to flip3d
I vote 05+ STi. Get rid of the airplane wing and get a nice subtle lip spoiler. Shit looks executive.

flip3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:05 PM   #40
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripnbst View Post
^Silviaguy240 LOL, you're nuts. I said 600, not 6000. Those cars are baller but I dont have that kind of budget. i am leaning towards the Evo X GSR pretty heavily. I know its not a 3 series but it should be comfortable enough. I am not fat so the seat should suit me fine. I dont see my clients being that uncomfortable. The longest I could see a client in my car at any one time is a half hour. Thats not really long enough to bitch about comfort if you ask me.

To the guy who said spend some of my own money and get an M3, I honestly thought about it. But then in 5 years (Or less) I have to get another car and I spent money I didnt need to on the car upfront that I wont get back so to me putting more money on top. On the topic of BMW I have looked into getting a 3 series but for the options I would want it ends up being a little more money than the Evo. I am not sure what kind of incentives BMW has right now but I know Mitsu America is hurting to sell their Evo inventory.

I have also thought going the complete opposite direction and getting something like a civic or something of the sort. Whatever I have left from the allowance put it in my pocket. Then after like a year or two put a nice down payment on a 350Z, E36 M3, etc and turn that into a track car/weekend warrior.
The only way to test comfort would be to take a test drive.
comfort is subjective.
it entirely meaningless for me to tell that 'such & such' car is too harsh or soft.
it's something you just have to experience first hand.

personally i think the evo's suspension is perfect.
it's stiff enough without being uncomfortable.
but that's not necessarily going to be valid to everyone.

Just make sure that your test drive encompasses shitty roads and hwy driving, so that you have a better idea of how it drives under different conditions.

The deals on evos are definitely there.
The dealer I went to in socal (southcoast mitsu) was selling them for invoice pretty much the first few months they were out.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:10 PM   #41
flip3d
Zilvia FREAK!

flip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to flip3d
If you're really set on a BMW, the 3 series is a bit pricey. Try looking into the 1 series. They aren't as bad as you think.

flip3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:25 PM   #42
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
They're going to look down on you if you get an Evo. Definitely not a car to haul clients around in under any circumstances.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:35 PM   #43
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Subaru Legacy GT Spec B
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:47 PM   #44
shishcabobers
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
shishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Mazdaspeed 6

Last edited by shishcabobers; 04-29-2009 at 12:16 AM..
shishcabobers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:30 PM   #45
sub9lulu
Zilvia Junkie

sub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-knownsub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-knownsub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-knownsub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-known
get the G8 while the stealership still got those
GXP !!!!

and how much different is "taking clients out to lunch" different in the G8 than ... a BMW 3 series ? or a IS 250 / 350

if u got ur mind set for the evo then whatever
sub9lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:43 PM   #46
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
I'd try and get a hyundai genisis sedan or shoot for some toyota avalon. Those are "smart" choices. A STI is not a "client" car. Neither is an Evo. An Acura TSX would work as well.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:52 PM   #47
Maximamike
Zilvia Junkie

Maximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to behold
Something comfortable and quiet. You're out of your mind if you buy an Evo with a company allowance. IS250/350, M35/M45 or G37. Either that or a truck/suv depending on what industry you are in.
Maximamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:54 PM   #48
undesiredshoe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
undesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to undesiredshoe
Hyundai Genesis and and if your company goes bankrupt, Hyundai will buy it back from you.....

Old 04-29-2009, 11:27 AM   #49
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
ANVIL can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Civic Si, or WRX Sedan and pocket the leftover
ANVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:59 AM   #50
sub9lulu
Zilvia Junkie

sub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-knownsub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-knownsub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-knownsub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANVIL View Post
its car allowance ... doubt u can pocket it ...
sub9lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:29 PM   #51
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
ANVIL can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
he said he could pocket the leftover...
ANVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:33 PM   #52
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Gunmetal Hummer H1 with a .50cal mount on top to clear traffic while I talk on my cellphone and change lanes without looking.
imotion s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:48 PM   #53
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANVIL View Post
owned an 08 Si and test drove a 08 WRX.
both are great & practical!
Just stay away from the pre-08 Si's.
They are prone to tranny problems Honda doesn't always support.

The WRX will offer a much more comfortable ride & nicer interior than the EVO.
Driving dynamics & performance of the EVO are hard to beat though.

The Si is super fun to drive, but it's somewhat of an acquired taste.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:11 PM   #54
DrftSLowHomIe!!
Zilvia Addict

DrftSLowHomIe!! is an unknown quantity at this point
Done plus this color ownz ..............
DrftSLowHomIe!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #55
turbo_dreams
Zilvia FREAK!

turbo_dreams is making a name for him/her selfturbo_dreams is making a name for him/her self
A toyota cressida.
Yes, a toyota cressida.
Nvm the 5 yr rule.
....On a serious note, 5 series bmw sounds about right, or a gs300 and just pocket the rest.

www.tm-spl.com
Kouki's & some apple juice.
turbo_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:30 PM   #56
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
600 a month is nice. but it wont buy you a 5 series. you can tell most of the people on this site have never bought a new car.

and a Toyota Cressida??? only a drift fanboy would suggest such a monstrosity. i would love to take clients out in my 25 year old POS. they would probably laugh at you when you pulled up.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:55 PM   #57
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
what do used maserati quattroporte's go for in your area?
Old 04-29-2009, 02:58 PM   #58
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilviaKid View Post
what do used maserati quattroporte's go for in your area?
not less than 40K, i'm sure.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:00 PM   #59
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

I'm going to have to go with the consensus mentality here
you guys cant be taken seriously

Last edited by ronmcdon; 04-29-2009 at 03:34 PM..
Old 04-29-2009, 03:26 PM   #60
aoiken3
Zilvia Addict

aoiken3 is an unknown quantity at this point
is-f, c63 amg, cls 500, m3 sedan, or 7 series

show your clients that your car can be baller and fun