Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-10-2003, 01:24 PM   #1
Ghettokracker71
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Ghettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ghettokracker71 Send a message via Yahoo to Ghettokracker71
Thumbs up OFF TOPIC:What do you think of the new Titan and Pathfinder Armada

I just wanted to see what everybody thought about Nissan's fist attempt at full size truck-dom,and SUVs ! I personally think that for trucks,and suvs they are pretty kick-ass,but I want to know what y'all think
Ghettokracker71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2003, 02:35 PM   #2
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
I think those trucks are rather nice and cater to those looking for a mean attitude but elegant style in a truck (for the price). So far I've only seen the Pathfinder Armada...but since I'm less than a mile way from Nissan dealership..I'm pretty sure I will see the Titan real soon.

These trucks need some exposure before they can take sales away from the BIG 3 and toyota.

I hear that the upcoming Pathfinder is suppose to be badass.
Old 12-10-2003, 03:36 PM   #3
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
yeah i dig um....
Old 12-10-2003, 07:33 PM   #4
masta
Zilvia Member

masta is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah they are real nice. If I had to get a truck I would get a Titan. Even has a Navi, which would be kinda nice. As you can see I am not an off-road/rock-climbing person.

Nissan is recently on a HP power trip; it might be a sales technique. They seem to be trying to rule every class (not counting luxury and exotics). I think they pretty much have it down, only car I can think of that they do not have is the Sports Compact class ruled by the SRT-4.

Also heard that their numbers are a little over estimated, where the wheel and flywheels are significantly different, somewhere around a 20-30% I hear.
masta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 07:50 PM   #5
WhiteNissanS13
Zilvia Addict

WhiteNissanS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to WhiteNissanS13 Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteNissanS13
i just dont like the shape on the cabin on the armada.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:30 PM   #6
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Like the titan, dont dig the new pathfinder....but it is hella big

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 10:29 PM   #7
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
i think they're both pretty badass
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 01:23 PM   #8
Fastback180
Zilvia Addict

Fastback180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fastback180
They're getting rid of the "Pathfinder" in 2005....And just going all out w/the Armada....As for the Titan....We just got 7 more in today....And our first one was last week. But Passport, Alexandria had one before us...That's where I first personally saw it....The Armada and the Titan look too much the same....Also the Titan won the 4 Wheeler magazine challenge against the new F150, and the new Tundra........Personally......I'm a Tacoma fan.
Old 12-11-2003, 03:21 PM   #9
Fastback180
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by 95KoukiS14
but since I'm less than a mile way from Nissan dealership

Cowels is weak!!!!!
Old 12-11-2003, 03:34 PM   #10
Ghettokracker71
Post Whore!

Ghettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ghettokracker71 Send a message via Yahoo to Ghettokracker71
Pop. Mechanics did a comparo of new F-150, Tundra, Dodge Ram, Seira Denali,and chevy silverado and Titan blasted through it coming out number 1 without question ! Its great how all the other trucks had to have fairly high option engines to even be comperable to the Titan standard engine(IE GMC/Chevy Seirra/Silverado has to have 4 higher engine options to LOOSE to the titan,4.3 V-6 is standard,next from there is the V-8s,4.8,5.3,5.7 and then finally 6.0) Although the dodge did out corner it....oh well,nissan sure knows how to kick some ass !
Old 12-11-2003, 03:39 PM   #11
Fastback180
Zilvia Addict

Pence is weak too!
(for you richmond kids)
Old 12-11-2003, 04:02 PM   #12
crioten
"buddy jesus"

crioten is making a name for him/her selfcrioten is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to crioten
dudes, its nissan, therefore of course, it owns all.....

are they priced the same or cheaper than the competion?
I'd rather take the bus with a bus-full of AIDS infected naked rape convicts than drive a VW.
crioten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 06:47 PM   #13
Ghettokracker71
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally posted by crioten
dudes, its nissan, therefore of course, it owns all.....

are they priced the same or cheaper than the competion?
Ha hah ! That is going into my sig....I beleive,I could be wrong,as you people on Zilvia like to prove,its about the same...the best thing is,the 5.6 Endurance V-8 is standard unlike the competition who offers weak V-6's.....
Old 12-11-2003, 06:52 PM   #14
Ghettokracker71
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally posted by Fastback180
Pence is weak too!
(for you richmond kids)
Watch it bro! I love pence...they really helped my (real) brother get his KA24DE powered Frontier, when victory wouldn't get near him,hes in college....
Old 12-11-2003, 09:31 PM   #15
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
OK I am in love with the Smoke grey metallic. So I like them better now. The fully loaded ones are running about $40K for the titan...thats with all the towing crap and different gearing options.

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 10:16 PM   #16
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
yea...someone told me a fully loaded Titan runs around 43K....

does anyone find that really odd?
Old 12-11-2003, 10:26 PM   #17
ca18guy
Premium Member

ca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfection
Price is all about how you option out the truck, the V-8 is standard on all, so thats

Here are the prices...

http://www.nissanusa.com/content/1,,...Id-tic,00.html

I compared options to the Ford F-150 on Fords site and its comparable if not better (expecially in base trim)
ca18guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 07:14 AM   #18
Ghettokracker71
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally posted by ca18guy
Price is all about how you option out the truck, the V-8 is standard on all, so thats

Here are the prices...

http://www.nissanusa.com/content/1,,...Id-tic,00.html

I compared options to the Ford F-150 on Fords site and its comparable if not better (expecially in base trim)
Of course its better...it has a mudpie,not a blue oval
Old 12-12-2003, 11:33 AM   #19
Startours7
Leaky Injector

Startours7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Ghettokracker71
Pop. Mechanics did a comparo of new F-150, Tundra, Dodge Ram, Seira Denali,and chevy silverado and Titan blasted through it coming out number 1 without question ! Its great how all the other trucks had to have fairly high option engines to even be comperable to the Titan standard engine(IE GMC/Chevy Seirra/Silverado has to have 4 higher engine options to LOOSE to the titan,4.3 V-6 is standard,next from there is the V-8s,4.8,5.3,5.7 and then finally 6.0) Although the dodge did out corner it....oh well,nissan sure knows how to kick some ass !
GM only puts the 5.7 in the corvette and the GTO and it would stay for long. Hasn't seen a truck for a few years now.
6.0=300hp/360ftq
H.O.6.0(SS only)=345hp/380ftq
8.1=320hp/440ftq
Looks like P.M. left out the big block. Mostly becuse of cost I'm guessing. Mabey there not chevy fans.
The 8.1 has more tq then any full sized (gas) truck.
I like chevy
Nissan still cool though.
97'Hardbody, 4x4(new toy)
Startours7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 11:45 AM   #20
Ghettokracker71
Post Whore!

Oh my bad startours,....its extremely unfair to compare a huge ass big block (chev 502ci) to a 347ci small block(nissan 5.6) still funny how the chev 6.0 has less power/is slower than the Nissan's standard V-8,a big block powered truck is considered the next class up,wich nissan is NOT going for ....

According to Car&Driver November issue the Nissan Titan runs 0-60MPH in 6.9 seconds,wich is pretty damn fast considering that would blow the doors off most of the "sport compacts" aka "20g pocket rockets" and a shitton of other new "sports" cars
Old 12-12-2003, 01:04 PM   #21
Startours7
Leaky Injector

Startours7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Ghettokracker71
Oh my bad startours,....its extremely unfair to compare a huge ass big block (chev 502ci) to a 347ci small block(nissan 5.6) still funny how the chev 6.0 has less power/is slower than the Nissan's standard V-8,a big block powered truck is considered the next class up,wich nissan is NOT going for ....

According to Car&Driver November issue the Nissan Titan runs 0-60MPH in 6.9 seconds,wich is pretty damn fast considering that would blow the doors off most of the "sport compacts" aka "20g pocket rockets" and a shitton of other new "sports" cars

I couldn't agree more.
Nissan knows there shit. That is pretty funny. But If you need big block power and an allison tranny ( searious towing ) You aint doing it with a Nissan. I really like that fact that Nissan waited a while to come out with a big truck rather then bombing with some thing like the t100.
They really should think about a diesel or something. You konw, so you can pull a small country or something. Ha Ha
97'Hardbody, 4x4(new toy)
Startours7 is offline   Reply With Quote