Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 10-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #1
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
ranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the 'obama rocks' thread

post all reasons why this guy is awesome.

rules:

1. No anti-Obama arguments or rebuttals (save it for http://zilvia.net/f/loud-noises/2827...ma-thread.html)

2. No whining and or excessive unfounded rhetoric

3. Hyperlinks and quotes to articles encouraged

this thread is to help keep all the subjective out of other threads and to strengthen personal political positions
ranger240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2009, 10:50 AM   #2
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
I love this guy. He's black!

--------

Okay, I agree with his healthcare reform. Shit likely won't pass because he doesn't have the Senate in his pocket. Ghey. Seriously, universal healthcare will benefit the living fuck out of people's lives. It will not kill the private sectory
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:54 AM   #3
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
health care for everyone that would be sooooo awesome. Just because you have a job does not mean you have health care.
S14_Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:11 PM   #4
Canadianfreerider

Canadianfreerider is an unknown quantity at this point
It's way easier to bash him than to say something good it seems.
Canadianfreerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:59 PM   #5
Canadianfreerider

Canadianfreerider is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, but what I am saying, is that there are Good things, but no ones cares.
Canadianfreerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:12 PM   #6
SochBAT
Post Whore!

SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
I would actually agree, but not.

Its a lot easier to bash on something new than to try it out and experience it yourself.

Word of mouth, from a "friend" is taken as a fact. And thats how everyone is treating Government.

Healthcare reform is needed. Education is needed.

These aren't short insta-win programs.

They are meant for long term profit. It is meant for the US to get the fuck back on its feet.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:54 PM   #7
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
I completely agree. We need to do something about healthcare... But we're going about it all wrong. Kudo's to Obama for at least trying.

Even though he's doin it wrong.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:05 AM   #8
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Its a nice step, but to be honest, he doesn't have the senate in his pocket like Bush did.

HUGE hinderance.

Fuck the senate.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:54 AM   #9
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Healthcare is a whole can of worms that we can talk about for YEARS. IMO, there will never be a "right" way to handle this, because you really can't cater to EVERYONE no matter how hard you try. Also trying to mimic another countries program might not be ideal as well....look at how cash for clunkers was handled.

Anyways, to post something positive:

Obama wins Nobel peace prize 2009 - Oct. 9, 2009

I still LOL'd at the "efforts for ridding the world of nuclear weapons".
Old 10-09-2009, 10:02 AM   #10
duffman1278
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
duffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to duffman1278
I loved that he didn't allow the banks to fail! Thank goodness or we'd be screwed.

duffman1278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:40 PM   #11
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Politics aside, Obama is cool as hell to hang out with.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:36 PM   #12
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
thats why i voted for him. Thats the most important thing, hangoutability.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:16 PM   #13
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
thats why i voted for him. Thats the most important thing, hangoutability.
You, too?

Me, too!

All this time, I thought I was the only one.

.::High Five::.
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:21 PM   #14
soldiaboy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
soldiaboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Noble Peace Prize>
soldiaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:34 PM   #15
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Nobel Peace Prize.

Carry on.
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote