Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #151
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Bumping this thread from the dead and hopefully this will be the official tire review thread, since we got a couple floating around.

Anyways, looking for input. Im in the market for replacement front tire for my Dunlop Star Specs. Since they're getting phased out, damn near impossible to find them. Anybody tried these tires and went with Hankook RS3s? How are these tires compared to the Star Specs, I'm worried about the softer compound and shallow thread depth not lasting. I get about 14-15 months out of the Star Specs right now, DD'ing it and hitting about 5 track days on them.

My other option/downgrade is the V12 EVO. Less sticky but figured I'd get more miles out of them over Star Specs or RS3s.

PS: What I'm considering and why:
Hankook V12 Evo (figured they'll last the longest since they're pretty much street tires)
Hankook RS3 (softer compound and soft sidewall kinda got me on the fence, 140 UTG)
Yokohama Neova AD08 (figured as close to the Star Specs, even better but just pricier).
Michelin PS2 (just cuz Kable keeps raving about it, but I'm not a fan of the Asymetrical threads since I cant flip them due to camber wear)
Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 (probably the highest rated tires out there but again, Asymetrical thread got me on the fence).
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
not the rs3, but the v12 placed above all other UHP tires, second only to the star spec. says a lot about the quality and performance of hankook.
Tire Test: Nine Affordable Summer Tires Take On the Michelin PS2 Comparison Tests - Page 10 - Car and Driver

the rs3 should be a great tire. its predecessor the rs2 had great reviews. i was considering them, as they have a similar performance and thread design as star specs. however they are not available in 235/40r17. dunlop has released the succesor to the star spec, Direzza Z2 and should be available early next year.

as for burners, i have been using Hero Milanza HZ1, cheap, made by federal, 240 treadwear, symetrical (not that they survive long enough to be flipped lol) good grip and smoke.

Used to have RS2 but changed them all to V12. Same reason as all of you but couldn't beat $80 rebate on purchase of a set.

I've gone through at least 7~8 sets so far and no complains.
Lasts quite long, has pretty good grip on both wet/dry.
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #152
BTplaya
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
BTplaya is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I don’t drift but run HPD track days all summer long. I have tried many different tires and the Nitto NT05's work the best for my set-up. Run many 25+ minute sessions with out any over heating. Always consistent turn in and great feel. Ill get about half a season out of the rears and if I break them down and rotate after each event. Which is alight I guess. I have also tired a few auto crosses and they seem to have good cold bite too. The 200 treadwear keeps you in the street tire classes even with the new rules.

Old 10-24-2016, 02:30 PM   #153
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
bumping an old thread. How are those Zestino tires for people who ran them?
Are they comparable/similar to current tires?
Old 10-24-2016, 02:44 PM   #154
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
All I've noticed myself is that Zestino tire smoke doesn't smell as good as other tire smoke lol.

I've heard from people that use the Gredge tire that they have consistent grip all the way from new until they're completely bald and even to the wires. That's pretty good imo. Not sure which specific Gredge they were on.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 01:51 PM   #155
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I didn't notice the smell but maybe the next event I'll notice it. I hope other members chime in on this.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:48 PM   #156
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
bumping an old thread. How are those Zestino tires for people who ran them?
Are they comparable/similar to current tires?
I am running these now. 225/40/18 up front and 255/35/18 in the rear. I have done one skidpad day with the gredge 07r up front and they grip really well.

They are great on the street too, they work well in the wet and arnt that loud either. I think theyre great value for money.