Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:21 AM   #1
efaen s14

Trader Rating: (0)
efaen s14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 ka maf issues

i have a 95 s14 with a ka24de. I have installed my own custom intake and modified the flange/ plate side of my maf sensor because i did not have an adapter for my new air filter. after getting it all hooked up my car will start, but it bogs and stalls after about 3-5 seconds. when I unplug my maf sensor the car does not stall.

since it didn't stall when unplugged, i figured the maf was screwed up from me breaking off the flange/ plate/ side that connects to the stock airbox. i ordered a replacement on ebay butit's not a g70 maf, it's a ga1 maf from a 99ish altima ka24de. supposedly they are the same exact thing. after intalling the ga1 i have the same problem.

does the wiring need to be modified when using a ga1 maf? there are 3 wires that go into the plug. the ga1 came with a new plug, the same exact one as mine. if so, which color wires go to the ones i have?

also: my air temp sensor which is supposed to have 2 wires connected to it only has one connected. will this cause problems/ the problem i am having?

ADDITIONAL INFO: When my maf is plugged in, it is dying almost immediately. That goes for both g70 and ga1 mafs. When it is disconnected, the car runs but won't rev past 2.5k rpms. PLEASE HELP FRIENDS
efaen s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links