Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-29-2022, 05:35 PM   #1
RepS13.Abe

Trader Rating: (0)
RepS13.Abe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR20 starts up but doesn?t idle, seeking insight

Seeking some assistance here, I recently did an SR20DET swap into my 90 s13 hatch, I got it to start up but doesn?t run or idle, it just kinda sounds like it chokes itself out, I tried holding open throttle while It cranks but nothing seems to happen just falls flat on its face, I currently have an AEM340 pump, radium fuel rail, 850cc top feed injectors, Apexi power ECU with commander, MAP sensor, wiring specialties harness and Greddy FMIC, any insight on why it?s not wanting to idle
RepS13.Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2022, 07:31 PM   #2
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
did you tune the engine using a wideband to run at correct a/f ratio
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 03:29 AM   #3
RepS13.Abe

So I haven?t hooked up my wideband O2 sensor yet, seems the wiring specialties plug is different from the AEM that I have, would that be an issue or can I run the AEM just on itself and not through the harness
Old 07-30-2022, 05:26 PM   #4
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
wideband is a gauge. You read wideband instructions to install gauge correctly. Then, you tune the engine while you watch the wideband behavior.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 12:19 PM   #5
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Sounds like you really just need to get a base-map installed in the ECU that accounts for injector size, etc. Verify it has a good startup tune first, then start chasing down other things like vacuum leaks or wiring/sensor issues.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 02:10 PM   #6
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
have you verified FAST???
Fuel
Air
Spark
Timing.

start there, then report back
*also make sure your fuel lines are not switched*

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 12:08 PM   #7
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
common issue is hooking your fuel lines up backwards eg feed goes into the FPR first vs through the rail first
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 09:24 PM   #8
RepS13.Abe

Yea so that?s another thing I was also thinking I overlooked, since it starts up for like a few seconds and just dies, but when I open the throttle it tends to have no input like it just chokes out
Old 08-03-2022, 09:25 PM   #9
RepS13.Abe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
did you tune the engine using a wideband to run at correct a/f ratio
I currently have not tuned it since I can?t get it to idle or run
Old 08-04-2022, 04:14 AM   #10
lok
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
lok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
You have

850cc injectors

MAP sensor

Power FC with no tune

Doubt it will start and idle
lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 06:11 AM   #11
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RepS13.Abe View Post
I currently have not tuned it since I can?t get it to idle or run
You need a base tune to get it to start. You're probably flooding the engine since the ecu is most likely set up for smaller injectors.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 07:58 AM   #12
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Correct me if im wrong but...isn't a power FC for MAF vehicles? Because thats probably a big issue
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 11:22 AM   #13
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Correct me if im wrong but...isn't a power FC for MAF vehicles? Because thats probably a big issue
yes, but there is also a "d-jetro" version of power fc that switches to MAP sensor.

Quote:
Old 08-04-2022, 01:48 PM   #14
RepS13.Abe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
You need a base tune to get it to start. You're probably flooding the engine since the ecu is most likely set up for smaller injectors.
Ahh I see so my best bet is to get a base tune then, I?m going to connect everything else and go about getting a tune then, thanks all for the input I?ll come back with an update lol
Old 08-05-2022, 03:26 PM   #15
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepS13.Abe View Post
Ahh I see so my best bet is to get a base tune then, I?m going to connect everything else and go about getting a tune then, thanks all for the input I?ll come back with an update lol
this is why we're known for being a$$holes and always saying SEARCH NOOB

https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=226628

Quote: