Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:19 PM   #601
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
not that anyones interested, but if any of you guy wants an IDX shirt, im sending them to print monday.

Sent shirts to print, Ill post some printed pics when theyre done!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 03-04-2014 at 08:51 PM..
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2014, 08:37 PM   #602
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
30k for the idx? What happened with it being an affordable car? I'd rather pay a extra 2k and get a STI that is faster, looks better, and AWD. If you guys have 30k to throw at a new car then your options are a lot better then this.
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:53 PM   #603
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
STI for 32k...LOL! maybe a used one

an STI out the door will run you close to 40k after everything is said and done!

Old 03-04-2014, 09:40 PM   #604
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
30k for the idx? What happened with it being an affordable car? I'd rather pay a extra 2k and get a STI that is faster, looks better, and AWD. If you guys have 30k to throw at a new car then your options are a lot better then this.
I guess you don't know. Most people these days consider 25k affordable. Oh and I don"t think anyone was talking 30k But if you want to call a 1-2k less price difference nothing then you should not be whining about 30k. Plus like Dorki said a 32k STI ? Ya maybe used most likely not new.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:22 PM   #605
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Please gives us a list of more suitable new cars for $30k.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:56 AM   #606
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Please gives us a list of more suitable new cars for $30k.
At 30 or there and below? That is subjective depending on what one considers to be suitable.

The below are all below 30K.

(Based on 2014 MSRP per manufacter website)
FRS/BRZ
WRX
V6 Mustang
V6 Camaro
MX-5
370z
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:00 AM   #607
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
And Subaru increased the price of the new STI quite a bit this gen.

So are we thinking like the Freeflow (or base model) will start around $25k and then then Nismo would be around $30k and up?
Old 03-05-2014, 08:43 AM   #608
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post

So are we thinking like the Freeflow (or base model) will start around $25k and then then Nismo would be around $30k and up?
I'm thinking (hoping) base model is 23K with nismo starting at 28K. I rationalize this with the thought the 2014 GT mustang base is 31K and current gen Z is 29.

and yea the prices got a pretty noticeable hike
Quote:
Subaru has now announced the pricing of the 2015 WRX and WRX STI. The 2015 WRX will start at $26,295 plus a $795 delivery charge. The WRX gets a 268HP 2.0L direct injection turbocharged boxer engine. The car also gets a 6-speed manual transmission, which is a first for the WRX.
The WRX can also be had with a Sport Lineartronic CVT transmission that has two manual modes. The car still has AWD and a list of other features. The pricing for the 2015 WRX STI will start at $34,495 plus the $795 destination charge. As is common with the WRX range, there are several packages that will drive the starting price up.
The most expensive of the WRX models is the Limited with the CVT transmission starting at $31,195. The WRX Premium with 6-speed is $28,495, the Premium with CVT is $29,695. The WRX STI Limited will start at $38,495. The STI Launch Edition is $37,395. There are three option packages for the car with a nav + audio package for $2000, a nav + audio package with keyless access and start for $2500. The nav and keyless access and start for $1500.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:47 AM   #609
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I'm thinking (hoping) base model is 23K with nismo starting at 28K. I rationalize this with the thought the 2014 GT mustang base is 31K and current gen Z is 29.

and yea the prices got a pretty noticeable hike
How many MUstang Gt's sell for $31k though? I bet it's a very very small percentage. The people that are looking to save buck on a Mustang buy a V6.

But, yeah I get what you're saying.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:42 AM   #610
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:

Let's not forget here that Andy Palmer confirmed that they are certainly going to be making at least one version of the IDX... There is no guarantee that we'll get both a Freeflow and an Nismo. Personally, I'd like to see just one model that combines the best elements of both concepts priced at about $25k. For ppl wanting a more personalized car, they should continue with the dealer offered aftermarket options like the widebody kits, aero and fascia & headlight swaps.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:19 AM   #611
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

The Freeflow concept does nothing for me at all. Its just so boring and plain. The NISMO Edition could EASILY sit next to the 370 and the GTR in Nissans sports car lineup and not look at all out of place.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:22 AM   #612
Future240
Future Moderator

Now ponder this.

What if they release the free flow concept that just happens to have a turbo 4 option and a 6 speed manual on the high end?
Old 03-05-2014, 10:44 AM   #613
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

then i guess ill be buying some wheels, coilovers and a lip kit to make it look...you know...not so george michael

Old 03-05-2014, 11:07 AM   #614
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Not entirely IDX related, but Nissan is pushing a turbo four onto another RWD car (granted it's an Infiniti)....

The Infiniti Q50 Gets A 211 Horsepower Turbo Four

No details yet on whether or not this is a Nissan/Renault powertrain or one sourced from Mercedes. One can hope some variant makes it to the IDX.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:29 AM   #615
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

from what i remember, there were rumblings that the 4cyl in the G/Q is a Mercedes sourced motor.

Old 03-05-2014, 11:52 AM   #616
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
from what i remember, there were rumblings that the 4cyl in the G/Q is a Mercedes sourced motor.
Yea, I remember hearing that for the Q30 too. If that's the case, then I definitely don't see it making its way to the IDX.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:01 PM   #617
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Now ponder this.

What if they release the free flow concept that just happens to have a turbo 4 option and a 6 speed manual on the high end?
I don't mind. I think the Freeflow would look just fine in one solid color with coilovers and wheels. But turbo and 6spd trans is mandatory or I'm outta here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
then i guess ill be buying some wheels, coilovers and a lip kit to make it look...you know...not so george michael
Agreed. But that's how I feel about pretty much every car ever.
I mean, stock S13 coupes are pretty damned bland & blah too, until you throw coils, wheels & aero on.

Last edited by simmode1; 03-05-2014 at 12:34 PM..
Old 03-05-2014, 02:09 PM   #618
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
All the attention they got while showing those cars off in socal was for the Nismo. I don't think they'd pull a bait and switch when the response was clear. I'm sure they'll tone it down some but I fully expect to see something more inline with the Nismo than the Freeflow.

As for the benz engine, I don't see a reason it couldn't find its way into Nissan branded models. The perception of MB as a luxury and high end only manufacturer is kind of a North American thing.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:18 PM   #619
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I'm fine with the Freeflow. It's not that far off from the IDX. It's mostly the stance and fenders that change it. I don't see how these are such separate cars they don't offer both.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:35 PM   #620
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
I'm fine with the Freeflow. It's not that far off from the IDX. It's mostly the stance and fenders that change it. I don't see how these are such separate cars they don't offer both.

Precisely. I always got the impression that the Freeflow was the basic model and the Nismo was what you could build with their optional add-ons, not neccessarily what they'd sell alongside the basic model. I mean, maybe they'd sell a fully optioned out version like the 270R or something short run like that. But mostly, I always thought it'd be more like "Build your own Nismo".
Old 03-05-2014, 04:07 PM   #621
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I imagine Nissan would do it like the Juke Nismo/370Z Nismo/GTR Nismo, where there are distinct regular trim levels and Nismo models.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:12 PM   #622
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/02/28/2...cing-official/

Quote:
For $26,120, you can get the sharpest, sportiest Juke outside of the over-caffeinated, 545-horsepower Juke R.
That should give a solid basis for speculation on IDx pricing.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:40 PM   #623
1sickS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
1sickS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
“to each his own is beautiful”.. I concur the IDx is not..
1sickS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:58 PM   #624
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickS14 View Post
way to contribute to the conversation...

Old 03-05-2014, 07:02 PM   #625
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickS14 View Post
And you don't have to buy it. Did I mention I don't like S14's?

Ya my statement there is about as pertinent as your comment about the IDX. If you have nothing better to say in this thread ? Then you should not comment.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 03-05-2014, 07:30 PM   #626
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
And you don't have to buy it. Did I mention I don't like S14's?

Ya my statement there is about as pertinent as your comment about the IDX. If you have nothing better to say in this thread ? Then you should not comment.
I just hope it has comparable performance at a competitive price as the FR-S. These Toyota talks about not adding a turbo model or more power for that matter seems untenable if Nissan and Kia is able to deliver.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:54 PM   #627
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Have you guys actually looked at a STI? I have, with good credit and a good deal yoy can get out there at 35k. So that's 5k difference from your price of a idx. You are getting a fully done car, not a "entry level sports car"

I'm sorry but 30k killed this whole car. Yes 25k is an affordable car, but this car was supposed to be a bargain and a step in the right way. You can buy a used 370 with 10k miles that will rape a idx in every aspect, and it's a nissan , RWD with a 6 speed and ~150 more hp for like what a couple grand less then this?
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:09 AM   #628
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

1) The STI isn't much more than an entry level sports car. An Imprezza isn't anywhere near being a sports car without all that the WRX adds to it.

2) Did no one click that link? Nissan is offering the Nismo RS version of the Juke () with a 215hp MR16DDT for just $26k. That speaks volumes for what we can expect of the IDx's price point and performance.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:20 AM   #629
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
1) The STI isn't much more than an entry level sports car. An Imprezza isn't anywhere near being a sports car without all that the WRX adds to it.

2) Did no one click that link? Nissan is offering the Nismo RS version of the Juke () with a 215hp MR16DDT for just $26k. That speaks volumes for what we can expect of the IDx's price point and performance.
This, you nailed it king. I think future is clueless about the Future..

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 03-06-2014, 06:10 AM   #630
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:

I don't know about that. The Juke shares a chassis with the Cube and few Renaults thus driving production cost down. Designing and manufacturing a lightweight one off chassis ain't gonna be cheap. At best I think high $20's putting it above the BRZ Limited in price with slightly more power and significantly more torque.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote