Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-02-2009, 02:19 AM   #4021
kornaz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
kornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kornaz Send a message via Yahoo to kornaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytango00 View Post
you're are right, im not, haha. I think this is just right, not to low and not to high, front looks high because of the chopped up fender.

rules:
Moar LOW!
Rules:

Still some work needed, and better pics this weekend! ;]
The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fucking temperamental.
kornaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2009, 04:16 AM   #4022
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
rota p45r 17x9 +12 with 225/45 stretched in front and rota p45r 17x9.5 with 235/45 stretched in rear, a professionally done baseball bat fender roll, and vwala

handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:24 AM   #4023
red240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
red240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxdave View Post
rim fitment

17x9 0 215/40
18x10 +10 225/40
stock fenders
Your ride is hot, love the ride height
red240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:24 AM   #4024
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe╚╗14 View Post
Thx Roidmonkey..

SOap gun,
yea, I inspired myself on his fitment and style..back when my car was blue, now that i look at it again from the rear they do look a hell of alot a like exept for wheels..same fucking tailights too ..lol
I dont know and dont care what the issue was with him and some of the peeps on here, I know is that he was all out with his shit, and I love that ...no lukewarm shit..either all hot or all cold!

Matej. LOL at tuck tuck tuck..

By the weay, just took a bunch of picture with (handinpants ) hidef camera, all these prior ones were with my cellphone, so ill post some decent pics up finally..

Old 04-02-2009, 07:40 AM   #4025
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depou View Post
Well, I paid 1200 CDN for all (front and rears). Including free shipping in a container my friend got me. To me, it's well worth it :P I know exactly how much you paid for them overfenders, they aint cheap either!

18x11.5 -21 will fit, but probably not with a 295. I mesured up and at -26 offset, it sticks out like 1.5". You'll have to run some stretch and camber to make a 295 fit under there.

On the 18x11.5 -8 i took, i still have the ~6" lip and it clears 300zx calipers, so i'm happy
yep that way u ordered its def worth it . i was going to go with the -8 but guy at SSR told me they tried the SL with a 300ZX at rear and didnt clear ..so he told me go NR . maybe urs clear who knows. and im putting the wheels then fenders jusst in case i need to make them a bit wider.

TRUE thing: True ////OFFSET\\\\ is acheived without spacers
Running on E85 570whp Precision 5862....laggy as fuck. hate it
ROIDMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:31 AM   #4026
YoungGun
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Gabe, car is so hot.

HOT HOT.
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:08 AM   #4027
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by handinpants View Post
rota p45r 17x9 +12 with 225/45 stretched in front and rota p45r 17x9.5 with 235/45 stretched in rear, a professionally done baseball bat fender roll, and vwala
plz lowerer that
Old 04-02-2009, 10:32 AM   #4028
SpdElemts
Zilvia Junkie

SpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of light
Just got the car painted this week. Here are some pictures.

-Jeff Wolfson
SpdElemts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:26 AM   #4029
brainfood
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I was running 18x10 -18 and 18x12 -30 on my koguchi's thats with 225/285 and minimal camber -4* front -2.5* rear.

This should have been done and painted already and me driving it but I had to rape it to do a "friend" a favor.

This is the car I put together in 2 weeks, should get paint this weekend hopefully.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:46 AM   #4030
SoCal-s130
Nissanaholic!

SoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpdElemts View Post
Looks sick man. Real sick.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:55 AM   #4031
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drftwerks View Post
you guys are missing the point of the fenders or at least what i think koguchi is achieving with his setup.

the way i see it (someone correct me if im wrong)

he is using light wheels with spacers (fat or stacked)
decent size tires

and he is killing it, i bet he did it this way to be able to run less power but still be competitive.

all you guys who are going to be running the huge wheels and tires, are going to need so much more power to even get near anything he is able to do with a 265(i dunno exact size)

but maybe your car is going to be for something else.

i dunno
i dont even have a 240
i dont even have a nissan
wtf
what is this place.
this is not rx7 club.
From a physics standpoint, a narrower rear stance is actually better for drifting, at least when the car is not making lots of power. I think Koguchi fenders are the way they are mainly for the novelty of being something different from the classic 50mm fenders.
And he probably runs tame lightweight wheels because he sold out to the pro drift race car mentality, haha.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:39 PM   #4032
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I dont like those Koguchi fenders anymore. Makes car look like cracker jack.

Its like a bad chick with lots -o- weave. You get her home and run your fingers through and you are like oh...it looks nice but no structural rigidity I can't pull on it. Here's $20, take a taxi home...

Maybe Im the only one who like all metal...
Old 04-02-2009, 02:20 PM   #4033
brainfood
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
My koguchi's feel sturdier then metal fenders and they only had 5 rivits in them
Old 04-02-2009, 02:40 PM   #4034
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytango00 View Post
some better pics of the rear lowered an extra inch

I know You've already said but what size are your rear overfenders? They look bigger than 30mm!
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:44 PM   #4035
MeanS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
MeanS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:

What wheels are those?

And specs?
MeanS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:11 PM   #4036
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

i'd lower it, but it might get in the way of my 80mph on the freeway on bumps and stuff,
Old 04-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #4037
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by handinpants View Post
i'd lower it, but it might get in the way of my 80mph on the freeway on bumps and stuff,
Wat?

Lower your car, it looks stupid that high up.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:46 PM   #4038
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to Quail
SpdElemts, what overs are you running?
Old 04-02-2009, 06:38 PM   #4039
dub40sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
dub40sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
mah chit. Its pretty week compared to some but I like it. Ive got some other wheels in mind but am not sure if I wanna drop the money on um right now.

F: 215/40 on 17x9 +17 Stock fenders
R: 215/40 on 17x9 +7 <this is using a 10mm spacer Rolled fender

dub40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:45 PM   #4040
240sxdriftin
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (25)
240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
still working on getting my fitment worked out, sorry for the shitty pics, iphone ftl

i'm waiting on my new front fenders to arrive as well...but this is just a mock up for now, figured i'd share

18x10 effective -6 offset, i need to notch my coilovers still and give more negative camber and go lower, but its getting there

240sxdriftin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:48 PM   #4041
SoCal-s130
Nissanaholic!

SoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfection
New pic with new aero. What.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:45 AM   #4042
rhd_sw20
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
rhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal-s130 View Post

what rear bumper?

rules

Anyone have issues with rear wheels rubbing on the lower control arm?
Im running 18 x 12 +7 in the rear and the back of the wheel was in contact with the lower control arm depending on how much toe I had in the rear.

Anyone ever notch out the LCA?
Simple solution would be to run a 2mm spacer, but I dont have anymore clearance with my fenders and current tire set up.
rhd_sw20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:56 AM   #4043
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Whoa, whoa, whoa....

what wheels are these?

Battle Idol Works 2015
SlideAlliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:58 AM   #4044
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal-s130 View Post

I'm saying what the fuck happened to painting it????

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 04-03-2009, 02:00 AM   #4045
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhd_sw20 View Post
what rear bumper?

rules

Anyone have issues with rear wheels rubbing on the lower control arm?
Im running 18 x 12 +7 in the rear and the back of the wheel was in contact with the lower control arm depending on how much toe I had in the rear.

Anyone ever notch out the LCA?
Simple solution would be to run a 2mm spacer, but I dont have anymore clearance with my fenders and current tire set up.
How are you having problems with an s-chassis? I have a fucking FC and 18x12 -7 and I can fit them under my fenders like nothing. Are you rocking 30mm rears or something? Flex them out and run less positive in the rear. Done.

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 04-03-2009, 09:11 AM   #4046
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
that give me hope. same fenders just different offset
can u please take a closer pic on the rear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainfood View Post
I was running 18x10 -18 and 18x12 -30 on my koguchi's thats with 225/285 and minimal camber -4* front -2.5* rear.

This should have been done and painted already and me driving it but I had to rape it to do a "friend" a favor.

This is the car I put together in 2 weeks, should get paint this weekend hopefully.

TRUE thing: True ////OFFSET\\\\ is acheived without spacers
Running on E85 570whp Precision 5862....laggy as fuck. hate it
ROIDMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:34 AM   #4047
SpdElemts
Zilvia Junkie

SpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanS14 View Post
What wheels are those?

And specs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideAlliance View Post
Whoa, whoa, whoa....

what wheels are these?
Wheels are SSR Agle Minerva 18x9 -18 front and 18x12 -14 rear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail View Post
SpdElemts, what overs are you running?
The over fenders are D-Max 40mm

-Jeff Wolfson
SpdElemts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:27 AM   #4048
rhd_sw20
Zilvia Member

rhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to all
Quote:
How are you having problems with an s-chassis? I have a fucking FC and 18x12 -7 and I can fit them under my fenders like nothing. Are you rocking 30mm rears or something? Flex them out and run less positive in the rear. Done.

Yeah, its on 30mm origins, trying to run as much + camber as possible as Ill be competing with this car, and I need to get as much tire as I can.
Fuck, who knows, Ill try a 2mm slip on today and see if I can rock it.
rhd_sw20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:29 AM   #4049
frizzle
In time-out for misbehaving.

Trader Rating: (45)
frizzle is on the path to ruinfrizzle is on the path to ruinfrizzle is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 45 reviews
Quote:

WHat color is that
frizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #4050
SoCal-s130
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
I'm saying what the fuck happened to painting it????
I am trying to get some things together aha. Still waiting for my side skirts to come in. Trying to find some 18s for the front too.