Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
X-Box One

Shit is awesome. Here's a link. Tons of stuff on IGN and everywhere else about it.

Xbox One Announced - IGN

I'm really looking forward to this thing improving my television viewing. The fantasy Football and NFL thing is pretty sweet.

Very few games were announced but they are saving that for E3 in 19 days.

Discuss.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm looking forward to this more that the PS4. And I vowed never to get a new xbox right away after the whole Red Ring of Death thing.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Wow didn't even know it was being revealed today.

Blu-ray + online NOT required to function = I must say I'm PLEASANTLY surprised.

This PS4 release timeline is pissing me off, so this was a breath of fresh air.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #3
Drift_FX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Drift_FX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
not backwards compatable......
Drift_FX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #4
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Wow didn't even know it was being revealed today.

Blu-ray + online NOT required to function = I must say I'm PLEASANTLY surprised.

This PS4 release timeline is pissing me off, so this was a breath of fresh air.
What's wring with the PS4 timeline? It's coming out this fall too? Only thing that pisses me off about it is they are both coming out around the same time which means I'm probably going to shell out over a grand just to get these two bastards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift_FX View Post
I know that's a big deal to people, but it's not a deal breaker for me. Although I am pretty much out of space in my entertainment cabinet.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #5
theronin
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theronin
Nerdgasm for sure. No backwards compatibility was something I saw coming, its a bummer but definitely doesn't mean I wont be getting one opening day. I guess I found what I'm gonna use my change bucket for. So stoked

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
What's wring with the PS4 timeline?
Guess I should've specified. I meant the timeline from announcement of the system to reveal of the console. All we've seen hardware-wise is the controller, and this system was announced 3 months ago.

In Microsoft's case, it was all revealed on the same day.

Might be just me, but I sort of care how the console itself looks haha.

All in all, I am also afraid I'll be shelling out a bunch of cash when these things both release, assuming these won't have production shortages.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #7
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
EvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EvilRB Send a message via MSN to EvilRB
might be relevant :

PS4 Revealed as “Square” | Sankaku Complex

Basically: PS4 6/10/2013

Xbox One “Clearly Inferior” To PS4, Sony Stock Surges | Sankaku Complex

PS4
・CPU: Jaguar 8 Core CPU @ 2.0GHz
・GPU: Radeon GPU @ 1.84TFLOPS
・Memory: 8GB GDDR5 @ 176GB/s
■Features:
・Backwards compatible with previous PS* games
・Can remote play on PSV
・PlayStation Eye
・Supposedly plays used games
・Est. price: $300-$500
・Has a Share button!

Xbox One
・CPU: Jaguar 8 Core CPU @ 1.6GHz
・GPU: D3D 11.1 GPU @ 1.2TFLOPS
・Memory: 8GB DDR3 @ 68GB/s
■Features:
・No backwards compatibility
・Now has Blu-ray & TV support, in the US at least
・Kinect
・Plays used games if you pay again
・Has Windows 8!

Discuss...
Old 05-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #8
turbobrick
Zilvia Junkie

turbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the rough
I'm probably in the minority, but I wasn't much impressed. I know that they want the new xbox to be the center of the living room, but I buy a console to play games. I really don't care about tv and internet integration.

I'll probably get one eventually anyway, but I'll most likely get the ps4 first. But since I already have a wii u, I won't be buying either until next year maybe.
turbobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #9
SharkMan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (28)
SharkMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRB View Post
might be relevant :

PS4
■Features:
・Can remote play on PSV
・PlayStation Eye
・Has a Share button!

Xbox One
■Features:
・Kinect
・Has Windows 8!

Discuss...
Exactly... I'll just wait for the ps4 to come out so that way I don't buy and Xbox one and be super sad when the ps4 does come out and make me realize a bad decision was made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Front hugs or from behind hugs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan240 View Post
The Black Star Ninja is my real father...
SharkMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #10
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I'm buying both (best of both worlds right?!), but I'm still more excited for PS4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift_FX View Post
Just keep your 360...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #11
TougeLove
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
TougeLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
when can i play forza on my ps3?
TougeLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #12
frost1988
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
frost1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Looks like an 80's beta max.Not to excited about either.
frost1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #13
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Didn't Sony also inflate the ps3s numbers? Basically everything is a rumor until they are released. Any gamer is prob going to buy both anyways. Just for the exclusives. Mmmmm God of War drool

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 05-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #14
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Considering how irritated I am with Forza and their constant download content, I'm hanging up my Xbox spurs. Only reason I bought one was b/c I got sick of waiting for GT5.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #15
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

EvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Individual games will be tied to Xbox Live accounts, Microsoft said, meaning that the software giant can detect whether a game has been sold to a retailer and repurchased, or handed from one friend to another. In such instances, the second user must pay a fee.
“On the new Xbox, all game discs are installed to the HDD to play,” a Microsoft representative told Wired.
The company added that, once discs are installed on the hard drive, games can be played without a disc being in the tray.
The Wired article then elaborates:
“What follows naturally from this is that each disc would have to be tied to a unique Xbox Live account, else you could take a single disc and pass it between everyone you know and copy the game over and over. Since this is clearly not going to happen, each disc must then only install for a single owner.”
See this is interesting to me...
If Sony reveals that they are not going to charge for the reuse of games between users and stores that resell games I think that they might have XBOX beat and gain support in the market place.
Not only are they going to be backwards compatible already but the use of games between consoles might give them an edge as well.
I mean how many times have you just gone to a friends house with your game and had a game night.
Well with the XBOX you have to pay a fee if you do this...
But if they reveal that they also are going to be logging their game disc and only a single console can use them and new consoles will have to pay a fee then all hope is lost for us as gamers and they way it use to be...

Stores like gamestop are out of business traditionally and game nights will be more expensive...
I think they just want all of us in our homes living on-line...
Old 05-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #16
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobrick View Post
I'm probably in the minority, but I wasn't much impressed. I know that they want the new xbox to be the center of the living room, but I buy a console to play games. I really don't care about tv and internet integration.
Microsoft has slowly been alienating all of its hardcore fan base by trying to win over the 'Apple generation' who care about stupid stuff like pretending their tablet is a piano and actually enjoying it, or playing their music from their desktop computer through their alarm clock using their phone as a remote while sending a picture of their cat to their mom's laptop.
Thanks to this, the people who actually preferred Microsoft products exactly because they were not like that are getting the short end of the stick, and now Windows 8 and all new Microsoft products come with all the gimmicks and annoyances of mobile computing, even when one is trying to use a desktop PC.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #17
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
XBOX ONE=XBOX 360 - 359

The new XBOX looks like a futuristic rendition of a VHS player. They took a piece of crap and put a piece of cilantro on it to try and get people to buy it. Look at how much effort they put into the reveal with Steven Spielsburg and COD ghost and how the audience was just mildly amused. It looks like they are trying to convince there shareholders to keep a stake in their business which is ironic since playstation stock went up substantially after the reveal. Great try Microsoft but no cigar(always wanted to use that cliche).
Old 05-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #18
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Microsoft has slowly been alienating all of its hardcore fan base by trying to win over the 'Apple generation' who care about stupid stuff like pretending their tablet is a piano and actually enjoying it, or playing their music from their desktop computer through their alarm clock using their phone as a remote while sending a picture of their cat to their mom's laptop.
Thanks to this, the people who actually preferred Microsoft products exactly because they were not like that are getting the short end of the stick, and now Windows 8 and all new Microsoft products come with all the gimmicks and annoyances of mobile computing, even when one is trying to use a desktop PC.
+1 you hit the nail right on the head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline racer510 View Post
XBOX ONE=XBOX 360 - 359

The new XBOX looks like a futuristic rendition of a VHS player. They took a piece of crap and put a piece of cilantro on it to try and get people to buy it. Look at how much effort they put into the reveal with Steven Spielsburg and COD ghost and how the audience was just mildly amused. It looks like they are trying to convince there shareholders to keep a stake in their business which is ironic since playstation stock went up substantially after the reveal. Great try Microsoft but no cigar(always wanted to use that cliche).
HAHA! congrats!
Old 05-21-2013, 08:29 PM   #19
theronin
Post Whore!

Quote:
See this is interesting to me...
If Sony reveals that they are not going to charge for the reuse of games between users and stores that resell games I think that they might have XBOX beat and gain support in the market place.
Not only are they going to be backwards compatible already but the use of games between consoles might give them an edge as well.
I mean how many times have you just gone to a friends house with your game and had a game night.
Well with the XBOX you have to pay a fee if you do this...
But if they reveal that they also are going to be logging their game disc and only a single console can use them and new consoles will have to pay a fee then all hope is lost for us as gamers and they way it use to be...

Stores like gamestop are out of business traditionally and game nights will be more expensive...
I think they just want all of us in our homes living on-line...
Guessing you would just dl your xbl account from cloud to friends xbox and play with it there. My friends and I already do this. Both consoles will sell well nobody can dispute that.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #20
theronin
Post Whore!

Quote:
+1 you hit the nail right on the head!

HAHA! congrats!
I'm thoroughly convinced the only reason PS3 kept up and finally overtook 360 in sales was the blu ray player.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #21
turbobrick
Zilvia Junkie

turbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the rough
I'm also not a fan of the kinect and don't like that this new system requires it. It should be optional like it is with the 360.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #22
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
Guessing you would just dl your xbl account from cloud to friends xbox and play with it there. My friends and I already do this. Both consoles will sell well nobody can dispute that.
From article:
Quote:
“What follows naturally from this is that each disc would have to be tied to a unique Xbox Live account, else you could take a single disc and pass it between everyone you know and copy the game over and over. Since this is clearly not going to happen, each disc must then only install for a single owner.”

This is the new thing that is differnet right? only the account holder can play but the person that dosen't have it logged has to pay, IE friend that wants play for the first time will have to pay a fee, or am I reading this wrong?
Old 05-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #23
theronin
Post Whore!

Quote:
From article:

This is the new thing that is differnet right? only the account holder can play but the person that dosen't have it logged has to pay, IE friend that wants play for the first time will have to pay a fee, or am I reading this wrong?
Pure speculation. But I would hope as long as one of the accounts on the xbox being used has the game then the other accounts involved in the split screen could play. This could all change by release though. Best believe Microsoft is looking at all things being said online and taking heed of possible backlash. The digital age is rapidly changing, will be interesting to see how all the gaming companies cope. This argument is pointless to me cause I'm getting both, but oh do I love a good debate

Old 05-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #24
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Pure speculation. But I would hope as long as one of the accounts on the xbox being used has the game then the other accounts involved in the split screen could play. This could all change by release though. Best believe Microsoft is looking at all things being said online and taking heed of possible backlash. The digital age is rapidly changing, will be interesting to see how all the gaming companies cope. This argument is pointless to me cause I'm getting both, but oh do I love a good debate
That was my point depending on what SONY does with it's system we as consumers are either entering into a age of paying for everything or Microsoft is just going to lose a good segment of it's audience because of this feature
Old 05-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #25
Spoolnmoon

Spoolnmoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobrick View Post
I'm also not a fan of the kinect and don't like that this new system requires it. It should be optional like it is with the 360.
Agreed...optional is always better...
Spoolnmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #26
theronin
Post Whore!

Quote:
That was my point depending on what SONY does with it's system we as consumers are either entering into a age of paying for everything or Microsoft is just going to lose a good segment of it's audience because of this feature
MS could always see that Sony is winning the war and change it. Or Sony could see that people will just bite the bullet and pay, and follow suit. Time will tell but I like all the mature unfanboyistic discussion that is going on in this thread.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #27
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
MS could always see that Sony is winning the war and change it. Or Sony could see that people will just bite the bullet and pay, and follow suit. Time will tell but I like all the mature unfanboyistic discussion that is going on in this thread.

I guess in the end SONY does win only because XBOX is useing their blueray system...
so either way buy SONY stock for a short time anyway...
Old 05-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #28
theronin
Post Whore!

Quote:

I guess in the end SONY does win only because XBOX is useing their blueray system...
so either way buy SONY stock for a short time anyway...
Definitely agree. Wonder how much they charged MS for it. Gotta find it funny though, streaming has all but taken over, and with the huge storage they are giving these things and what DL speeds are at now, the player is almost unneeded.

My 360 has a 250 gig in.her and I haven't used more than 5 gigs. My work horse PC holds all my media and I just stream it....

Old 05-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #29
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
might be relevant :

PS4
■Features:
・Can remote play on PSV
・PlayStation Eye
・Has a Share button!

Xbox One
■Features:
・Kinect
・Has Windows 8!

Discuss...
The memory specs are a bit eye catching. I just hope this doesn't continue the trend of bad ports to the Playstation because Xbox is not up to par.

As for the Xbox One, it's impressive for the general public that wants a nice out of the box HTPC. The gestures and voice commands were cool, but I can imagine it working so well in the real world. I'm not too much of a fan of the new Xbox, but that's personal preference. Also the reveal presentation was very short and a bit off compared the the PS4 reveal.

As for Sony, it's still unknown how used games will be handled. They might follow suit or leave this as an option for the game developer (I'm thinking the latter). Backwards compatibility will be available via game streaming, but it's still unknown if this is available at launch or how the process will work seamlessly.

It's interesting to see the stark direct both Microsoft and Sony are now taking with the video game industry. It's a toss up at this point on who will have the lead in market share. I'm patiently waiting for E3....
Old 05-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #30
turbobrick
Zilvia Junkie

I wonder how big the games are going to be. The new xbox will come with a 500gb hard drive which does sound like a lot, but if every game has to be installed, I wonder how fast it will fill up.

Main reason I'm wondering is because I thought I'd never fill up my 40gb ps3, but then pretty much all games started requiring 4gb installs, and now I'm down to 1gb free. Meaning I can't play any new games unless I delete old ones. Thats the one thing I've always hated about the ps3.

It took my a lot longer to fill up the 20gb hard drive on my 360, and my 120gb drive I have now still has 89gb free.