Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 05:23 PM   #31
s13chica
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
s13chica is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13chica
Quote:
Originally Posted by westboroughpimp
whatever. i was trying to be as nice as possible while still frustrated. I spoke to D and L, 2 people who i KNOW for a fact have done wiring work on the car. not ONCE did i accuse them for MY problem..i just respectfully asked for advice and i appreciate them helping me.
L has never worked on the wiring of the car, unless you count the fan switch that you hate, which he installed. D has been the only person so far that you have spoken to who has. He told me he helped you out yesterday over the phone...

I think we are both a little pissy right now and need to chill out...
Old 07-27-2004, 05:41 PM   #32
stock4door
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
stock4door is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stock4door
Glad you appreciate it.

I can't really speek for L. But I am pretty sure he would agree with me.
I spent a lot of time back tracking crappy wiring that was done on that car. I
never got much past the engine harness and trying to rebuild it as best as Georgia and I could. I never got to the fuel pump wiring unfortunately and I am sorry that you had to deal with it yesterday. But, it was working perfectly fine during the whole span of the time I was involved with the car, and I never even really looked at it.

It doesn't sound like you yourself are pointing any fingers, but you should maybe try and keep your friends from piping in on threads like this. Cuz everyone feels like a badass and wants to talk crap about priors when they help fix a friends stranded car. But that doesn't help things if peeps are gonna air it over public forums. Keep it for the garage with pizza and beer.

You did buy a used car. That car does have a long history of being converted from a street car to a track car. It is going to require maintenance. We did have a long conversation on the phone beforehand just so I could let you know the up and up on the car. I think you do have to admit that I was very honest with you about all of the knowledge I did have on the car. Now something like fuel pump wiring...., that is probably one area that we didn't go over. But, to the best of my knowledge it was a problem that had allready been fixed and didn't need any looking over. Having owned the car for over two months now, it really is your responsibility at this point. No need for online forum discussion talking crap.

If you want some advice.... We have allready established the car has a history of crappy wiring. Maybe it is time to look into something like an aftermarket harness (painless, E-Z wiring, etc) for the car. Especially if you do plan on keeping it and using it for track/street purposes. Those setups are benificial for cars that are gutted, no interior panels to hide wiring, truck mount batteries, etc.

Not to mention, figure out the fuel pump. Take it out, inspect the wiring
very closely. If it really did lose ground at some point and fried, that pump motor could be toast. Time to invest in a walbro or known good z32 pump and a new tank gasket.

Danny
Old 07-27-2004, 05:49 PM   #33
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
this thread has run it's course. the question posed by the original poster has been answered. Nobody will be satisfied with internet diagnostics, so if you want to figure out wtf_mate is with the car, I suggest you start a tech day.

ARGG!@@!!
Closed Thread