Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 04-07-2008, 11:00 AM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post Spy Shots: Nissan GT-R Spec-V

Filed under: Spy Photos, Coupes, Sports/GTs, Supercars, Nissan

Click above for high-res gallery of Nissan GT-R Spec-V spy shots

The Nissan GT-R has already proven it can more than hold its own against competition like the Porsche 911 Turbo and Chevy Corvette Z06, but don't forget that Nissan still plans on revealing a victory specification, i.e. V-Spec, model of the car. Spy photogs from KGP Photography recently caught what they believe is the GT-R V-Spec being unloaded from a transport truck at the Nurburgring in Germany for testing. While the car doesn't outwardly appear as different from the base GT-R as we expected, some differences are noticeable including more air intakes in the revised front splitter, new wheels and a different brake package (carbon ceramic perhaps?), and what could be a carbon fiber rear spoiler. Reports suggest that whole body panels on the Spec-V model will be comprised of carbon fiber, which should, among other things, help reduce the car's portly weight by at least a few hundred pounds. While the spy shooters didn't get to hear the engine fire up, rumor has it that the GT-R V-Spec will be more powerful than the base model, an achievement that shouldn't be hard to accomplish considering dyno results suggest that the twin-turbo 3.8L V6 is already making more than Nissan's official claim of 473 horsepower. We're also not sure on what Nissan's export plans are for the GT-R V-Spec, though it will be sold in limited quantities to some lucky Japanese for sure.

Gallery: Nissan GT-R Spec-V - spy shots

[Source: KGP Photography]Â*
Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2008, 12:19 PM   #2
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
damn........

因果関係の流れ
MikeisNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:27 PM   #3
bbejj123
Zilvia Junkie

bbejj123 has a spectacular aura aboutbbejj123 has a spectacular aura aboutbbejj123 has a spectacular aura aboutbbejj123 has a spectacular aura aboutbbejj123 has a spectacular aura aboutbbejj123 has a spectacular aura about
damn...those are some beastly brakes!!
Old 04-07-2008, 01:14 PM   #4
heiyuu
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
heiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
So that's what the V in V-spec means...
Old 04-07-2008, 02:53 PM   #5
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by heiyuu View Post
So that's what the V in V-spec means...
Yeah I thought it stood for Vagina-magnet, which I still think it does.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:11 PM   #6
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Yeah I thought it stood for Vagina-magnet, which I still think it does.
lol good Idea but no,if i'm not mistaken. someone correct me if im wrong. isn't it officially "Victory Spec"

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 05:38 PM   #7
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
i like it but why auto.....
Old 04-09-2008, 06:39 PM   #8
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobafreak View Post
i like it but why auto.....
6 speed dual clutch paddle shift semiis hardly your fathers auto. Its a Formula 1 transmission and you can shift them faster than you could ever shift a clutch pedal, stick transmission. There is a reason they use them in Formula 1, they are badass.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:58 AM   #9
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
6 speed dual clutch paddle shift semiis hardly your fathers auto. Its a Formula 1 transmission and you can shift them faster than you could ever shift a clutch pedal, stick transmission. There is a reason they use them in Formula 1, they are badass.
No matter how many times you (and others) mention this...people will still consider it auto and whack compared to a manual tranny.

I like what I see and read in the reviews. I just wish I can try it out personally.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:42 AM   #10
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Some people still prefer the traditional manual gearbox because they favor the hands-on, control-of-the-gears-in-your-hand-and-left-foot feeling over the simple flick of a switch to handle the ever so precise and quick shifting. I'm personally all for the skyline dual-clutch paddle-shift tranny, because that simply displays the refinement and technology of Nissan in the racing department. I'm pretty sure they also don't want some rich kid buying one of these just for the sake of having a cool car and then coming back to the dealer every other month because of a toasted clutch from the misuse or lack or knowledge on how to shift correctly.

Point is, for those that just don't get it, this car was made with perfection in mind. And whether or not you know how to shift, that's how it's going to perform, no matter who drives it.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:38 AM   #11
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection
Quote:
Point is, for those that just don't get it, this car was made with perfection in mind. And whether or not you know how to shift, that's how it's going to perform, no matter who drives it.
Pretty damn close to that goal.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:34 PM   #12
muddafakka
Zilvia FREAK!

muddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfection
Check it out
muddafakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:12 AM   #13
ghambino
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
ghambino will become famous soon enoughghambino will become famous soon enoughghambino will become famous soon enoughghambino will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Nice! I was watching an old UK show hosted by Jeremy Clarkson(Top Gear) earlier today and he bashed Japanese cars pretty bad. I think the title was: "How Japan took over the world... and then lost it". Looks like Japan has taken over the world again.
ghambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:39 AM   #14
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghambino View Post
Nice! I was watching an old UK show hosted by Jeremy Clarkson(Top Gear) earlier today and he bashed Japanese cars pretty bad. I think the title was: "How Japan took over the world... and then lost it". Looks like Japan has taken over the world again.
if you've seen the old episodes you see him saying the R34 was a great car.

In one episode last year (or the year before) during the news segment, he brings up a picture of the R34 and says he wants to see a new version of the skyline because the R34 was phenomenal.
kouki_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:08 PM   #15
dm3status

dm3status is an unknown quantity at this point
wow those brakes are massive!!
dm3status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:27 AM   #16
sr20boostn20
Zilvia Junkie

sr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to sr20boostn20
Body wise im not really feeling the front end,

Its looks alright form the side,

The rear end has got to be my favorite part.
sr20boostn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 12:36 PM   #17
gpeele

gpeele is on a distinguished road
...and to think this is just the beginning. Remember the 350z when it first came out, now just five years latter the engine and suspension are much improved. Or the difference between the r32, which was probably the most advanced car of it's time to the r34 which is still taking names on the track in modified form today. If/when they release a Nur spec, LM or N1 version it will definitely have the euros and chevrolet sleeping by their drawing boards like the 300zxtt did in 1990, if they haven't done so already. Personally I can't wait to see this thing on the track if teams start using it in ALMS and World Challenge. Time to break out the nissan banners guys!
gpeele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:57 PM   #18
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Man why cant they do something about the front? From the fender back its money but the front is actually looking worse everytime I see it.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:09 PM   #19
dsmtuner23

dsmtuner23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Any mention of price of this? I know its going to be pretty steep, but then again it might not even be sold here.
dsmtuner23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:09 AM   #20
s14_legend
Zilvia FREAK!

s14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfection
looks sweetttttt
Old 04-17-2008, 09:42 PM   #21
Mycah Leonhart

Mycah Leonhart is an unknown quantity at this point
I think I'm one of the few people that LOVE how this thing looks.
Mycah Leonhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:45 AM   #22
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Those wheels are ugg, but besides that looks like some sinister shit.
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:41 AM   #23
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Some people still prefer the traditional manual gearbox because they favor the hands-on, control-of-the-gears-in-your-hand-and-left-foot feeling over the simple flick of a switch to handle the ever so precise and quick shifting. I'm personally all for the skyline dual-clutch paddle-shift tranny, because that simply displays the refinement and technology of Nissan in the racing department. I'm pretty sure they also don't want some rich kid buying one of these just for the sake of having a cool car and then coming back to the dealer every other month because of a toasted clutch from the misuse or lack or knowledge on how to shift correctly.

the reason nissan isnt supplying a manual 6 speed gear box has nothing to do with some rich kid burning up clutches or major auto tranny technology inspired by F1 cars or even emissions as nissan is claiming...it boils down 100% to one word and one word alone...

MARKETING

thats it...because nissan is sending 1500 GTRs here in the first year in ALL automatic transmissions...that means EVERYONE can buy one...not just people who are able to drive a manual gearbox

personally i think it stupid of nissan to do this...as a consumer they completely lost me as a potential buyer (not that i have the money to buy a GTR...im speaking in a hypothetical manor)...i wouldnt want one simply because i cant the car in 5/6 speed manual tranny...BUT...people like me are VERY few and far between now...especially with people who have the money for such an investment.

point is...nissan KNOWS it can market its super car with an auto tranny because EVERYONE can drive it and it neglects a MINOR market share who perfer manual transmissions over automatic

nissan DOES infact have a 6 speed tranny GTR ready...it has been photographed and has been driven by a select few jouranlists on the web

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:43 AM   #24
muddafakka
Zilvia FREAK!

muddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
nissan DOES infact have a 6 speed tranny GTR ready...it has been photographed and has been driven by a select few jouranlists on the web
I can has link plz?
muddafakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:48 AM   #25
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddafakka View Post
I can has link plz?
i can has cheezburgr?

ive got a few sites at home about it book marked...ill try to post em when i get off work tonight

Old 04-18-2008, 09:56 AM   #26
s14_legend
Zilvia FREAK!

s14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfection
i guess if its easier to sell but most people who get skylines go for M/T ...

Quote:
the reason nissan isnt supplying a manual 6 speed gear box has nothing to do with some rich kid burning up clutches or major auto tranny technology inspired by F1 cars or even emissions as nissan is claiming...it boils down 100% to one word and one word alone...

MARKETING

thats it...because nissan is sending 1500 GTRs here in the first year in ALL automatic transmissions...that means EVERYONE can buy one...not just people who are able to drive a manual gearbox

personally i think it stupid of nissan to do this...as a consumer they completely lost me as a potential buyer (not that i have the money to buy a GTR...im speaking in a hypothetical manor)...i wouldnt want one simply because i cant the car in 5/6 speed manual tranny...BUT...people like me are VERY few and far between now...especially with people who have the money for such an investment.

point is...nissan KNOWS it can market its super car with an auto tranny because EVERYONE can drive it and it neglects a MINOR market share who perfer manual transmissions over automatic

Old 04-18-2008, 06:07 PM   #27
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
dorkidori - I don't see a manual transmission being released...even when Porsche switches to DSG transmissions.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:07 AM   #28
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:

MARKETING

1. Nissan is having no problem selling the GTR's with the semi auto.
2. Already major test drivers have complimented this transmission.
3. Your own personal preferences blind you to the beauty of technology.
4. You will probably come back with some wise ass remark showing your lack of understanding and a attempt at a personal put down for my response to your post.
5. Nissan is planning on releasing a 6 speed trans version in the future for hards like.
6. Can you even afford to purchase this car to begin with?
7. Fact is the car is supposed to be the pinnacle of technology.
8. A double clutch paddle shifting trans is the pinnacle of technoloy in transmissions
9. Nissan has not made a mistake,they have waiting lists for the cars.
10. your post is pure speculation on your part based on your beliefs.

Have a nice day.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 04-19-2008, 10:00 AM   #29
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
1. Nissan is having no problem selling the GTR's with the semi auto.
2. Already major test drivers have complimented this transmission.
3. Your own personal preferences blind you to the beauty of technology.
4. You will probably come back with some wise ass remark showing your lack of understanding and a attempt at a personal put down for my response to your post.
5. Nissan is planning on releasing a 6 speed trans version in the future for hards like.
6. Can you even afford to purchase this car to begin with?
7. Fact is the car is supposed to be the pinnacle of technology.
8. A double clutch paddle shifting trans is the pinnacle of technoloy in transmissions
9. Nissan has not made a mistake,they have waiting lists for the cars.
10. your post is pure speculation on your part based on your beliefs.

Have a nice day.
holy crap...you took my post the TOTAL wrong way...i wasnt snapping at anyone...and did i deny that nissan was NOT making a manual version of the car??? (the answer would be no)...ur acting like i was putting peoplw down and denying any and all positive rep the GTR has received...just because i personally dont like the idea of an auto tranny doesnt mean im putting the car down...it simply makes it very unappealing to me certain people who PERFER a manual gear box in their cars

i was simply pointing out that nisssan is making the car in auto simply due to marketing...theyre taking a big step out of the box for the first time and selling the car in america...and to do so requires a few things that will ensure the car appeals to EVERYONE...not a niche market of people who can only drive manual

excuse me for making a valid and completely non offensive statement in my previous post

Old 04-19-2008, 10:55 AM   #30
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
holy crap...you took my post the TOTAL wrong way...i wasnt snapping at anyone...and did i deny that nissan was NOT making a manual version of the car??? (the answer would be no)...ur acting like i was putting peoplw down and denying any and all positive rep the GTR has received...just because i personally dont like the idea of an auto tranny doesnt mean im putting the car down...it simply makes it very unappealing to me certain people who PERFER a manual gear box in their cars

i was simply pointing out that nisssan is making the car in auto simply due to marketing...theyre taking a big step out of the box for the first time and selling the car in america...and to do so requires a few things that will ensure the car appeals to EVERYONE...not a niche market of people who can only drive manual

excuse me for making a valid and completely non offensive statement in my previous post
Fair is fair I stand corrected, excuse me for responding they way I did. Though I would say that in sense yes your marketing comment is correct, but at the same time take it in the context of the pinnacle of technology. When you do that the marketing makes more sense. Ferrari sells several of the their models with Semi Auto Paddle shift. A double clutch paddle shift transmission is the Pinnacle of tech and Nissan is using the GTR as such.

It reminds me of the LA Times review of the car this week. Where the wimpy test driver cried because the car could actually be driven by more than just a race car driver. It did not scare the shit out of his wimpy ass like the GT2 did. When you drive the GT2 its not a easy car for the average driver to drive.
Therefor the Nissan was not special because of what I stated he was upset about above. Fact is he did not have the balls to push the car so far because he lauded himself into the falsehood that because it was easy to drive it was not special. He complained about not being to spin the tires but nowhere in his review did he talk about turning off the traction control, traction control of course fights all wheelspin. He did manage to know about he launch control.

Basically there are a lot of people misunderstanding the finer points behind this car.
They are basically, Its designed to be a Super Car, Super cars by definitlon should be Pinnacle's of Technology IMO. Second they should be able to farther than most of the competition. Third, if the manufacture is brilliant they should be easy to drive and forgiving, thereby being versatile. Now Porsche does not fair well in the last point. A lot of their cars are a handful to drive where some drivers have actually died or injured themselves. In this sense Nissan nailed it with the GTR.

For the reviewer from Autocar to sum it up with his statement "Its like a baby Veryon" pretty much proves Nissan nailed.

I know you don't agree with the Transmission, but fact is most all of the Pro's that have reviewed it love it. Plus the car is selling and selling well. The Halo effect will work quite well I might add.

P.S. I never called your post invalid. Your statement about it not being valid just proves what I stated about your statements to begin with. You are harboring resentments and thats the way it reads.

New Video
Buy my mounts!

Last edited by drift freaq; 04-19-2008 at 07:26 PM..