Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-15-2009, 07:08 AM   #1
krappy
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (41)
krappy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
R33 Exhaust onto an S14

I've been searching around and cant seem to find an answer to this... a local importer has quite a few r33/r32 catbacks laying around and I was wondering how hard it would to fit one onto an s14... Some have told me that its a direct bolt on and some have told me it would have to be modded to fit. I wanted a definite answer to this, anyone have any ideas? I know I should just buy a s14 exhaust but its these r33/r32 exhaust are being sold for dirt cheap....
krappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2009, 07:33 AM   #2
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
if it wont work you can still buy it and re do the piping
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:09 AM   #3
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (60)
garagelu is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
I have a r33 jic magic exhaust on my s14 and yes you do have to modify it a little. The rear section all work with the stock exhaust hanger locations but the mid section is not the right length and you will have to figure out how to make it work. All I did was weld a length of pipe to make it work.
garagelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 03:13 PM   #4
Sr20-Vert
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Sr20-Vert is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelu View Post
I have a r33 jic magic exhaust on my s14 and yes you do have to modify it a little. The rear section all work with the stock exhaust hanger locations but the mid section is not the right length and you will have to figure out how to make it work. All I did was weld a length of pipe to make it work.
So you gotta just add some length to the middle or the rear ?
Sr20-Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 07:44 PM   #5
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Remove length from the midsection.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 09:28 PM   #6
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
There are other differences as well. The rear bumper isn’t as fat on the 33 as it is on the 14, so the mounts are located slightly different and the tip is shorter. I have a Legalis R for both chassis in my garage.
Old 04-15-2023, 12:07 AM   #7
Sr20-Vert
Leaky Injector

Sr20-Vert is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
There are other differences as well. The rear bumper isn?t as fat on the 33 as it is on the 14, so the mounts are located slightly different and the tip is shorter. I have a Legalis R for both chassis in my garage.
I really like the idea of 95mm i havnt made my downpipe yet so I didn?t care if it was a little shorter I could can run the downpipe longer in a nut shell give me the run down on making this work going for 900 hp in my sr20 so I really wanted to get the hks hi power sounds like it won?t be super loud gonna be running 4 inch down pipe as well
Sr20-Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 10:55 PM   #8
schassis240

Trader Rating: (0)
schassis240 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
idk but why not just buy a full s14 exh..better in the long run
schassis240 is offline   Reply With Quote