Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-30-2021, 11:36 AM   #1
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Scams, Fakes, Flippers and Knock Offs.

So as everything explodes in price due to a combination of inflation, Nostalgia, hype and to many stimmys, thought it would be worth while to start a "heads up thread".

Like these - I see these banners, HKS, Up Garage and "Old" Nismo everywhere from $40 - $300 being advertised as "rare!! Hard to find!!!"

I suspect they are all is just new print mass produced low quality banners.

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2021, 02:59 PM   #2
Whitey13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Whitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I assume you have good intentions, but why should we be bothered if someone pays $20 for a Nismo banner?

As you mentioned, everything under the sun is "overpriced" right now. It would be more a valuable idea if there was a "good deals" thread, or the like, because those are the outliers.
Whitey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 03:49 PM   #3
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey13 View Post
I assume you have good intentions, but why should we be bothered if someone pays $20 for a Nismo banner?

As you mentioned, everything under the sun is "overpriced" right now. It would be more a valuable idea if there was a "good deals" thread, or the like, because those are the outliers.
Oh, I don't care about the banner. Just the seller calling it "Rare!! JDM!!"

It's far worse on IG with guys trying to peddle fake "original" memorabilia.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 06:16 PM   #4
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:

I think that not caring about these scalpers is how we eventually ended up here. Everyone hides behind that 'mind your business and don't knock the hustle' shit and now people can't buy a fucking thing and these self-titled 'entrepreneurs' have built two fucking cars off the price hikes.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:21 PM   #5
Whitey13
Zilvia Junkie

Whitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enough
I?m having a hard time believing you guys aren?t reaching for something to get upset about or just trying to create a thread to be dramatic in. I also don?t look at these things on social media but the world is full of knock off products and opportunists, not just the tiny S-chassis world.

Dizz, weren?t you the guy who was buying things when you were in Japan and trying like hell to resell them here? It?s sounds to me like you are the exact person you are complaining about.

If I was you I wouldn?t let these things get to you and enjoy your weekend.
Whitey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 07:25 AM   #6
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
I?m having a hard time believing you guys aren?t reaching for something to get upset about or just trying to create a thread to be dramatic in. I also don?t look at these things on social media but the world is full of knock off products and opportunists, not just the tiny S-chassis world.

Dizz, weren?t you the guy who was buying things when you were in Japan and trying like hell to resell them here? It?s sounds to me like you are the exact person you are complaining about.

Not me.
Have I come across some deals while being here? Yes.
Have I cleared a profit by seeing the 'going rate' and undercutting that price by like $200? Yes.
I guess you're going to have to take my word for it when I say that I have never purchased something solely with the intention to sell. I always buy things for myself and then end up selling stuff I don't use.

Nice try, dude. Hemming someone up for being a hypocrite is Internet 101. Please don't equate dudes doing this every once-in-a-while to the likes of sjerin and luckylabo...the latter of which routinely sells weebs 100JPY coffee for $9.00. It ruins my weekend (as I sit her bidding on YAJ for something I really want) because I can't even find fucking deals here anymore. Sucks.
Old 05-01-2021, 02:47 PM   #7
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Hm I like this idea. Corbic what about adding to the thread posting of legit old school parts, memorabilia etc. ?
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 10:55 PM   #8
Madness420sx

Madness420sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
I think that not caring about these scalpers is how we eventually ended up here. Everyone hides behind that 'mind your business and don't knock the hustle' shit and now people can't buy a fucking thing and these self-titled 'entrepreneurs' have built two fucking cars off the price hikes.
Spoiler alert! That's my couch and building 2 cars at todays prices is pretty far off. But thanks for the motivation
Madness420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 07:26 AM   #9
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness420sx View Post
Spoiler alert! That's my couch and building 2 cars at todays prices is pretty far off. But thanks for the motivation
What a wack way to make your first post after waiting a decade
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 08:01 AM   #10
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
What a wack way to make your first post after waiting a decade
This is the wholesome zilvia content I keep coming back for.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 12:10 PM   #11
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Yeah, but it's JDM rare NISMO Nissan Skyline R32 HKS goodness.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 06:09 AM   #12
dizzariot
Post Whore!

I think that was an incorrect use of the 'spoiler alert' thing...but alright.

I also am not as much of a hardass as Corbic: I don't mind the reprint banners. The 'rare' verbiage is whack, but whatever.

Since there was a new post here, I still find it cringe that SChassis dudes are repping luckylabo. The $9 coffee guy. C'mon, Zilvia...
Old 06-23-2021, 08:46 AM   #13
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Quote:

I also am not as much of a hardass as Corbic: I don't mind the reprint banners. The 'rare' verbiage is whack, but whatever.

Since there was a new post here, I still find it cringe that SChassis dudes are repping luckylabo. The $9 coffee guy. C'mon, Zilvia...
Anything to taste the sweet nectar of Jap ball sweat.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:43 PM   #14
Madness420sx

Madness420sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

I did drop the "rare" a couple months back. People send pics of the banner in their garage with their sweet cars and makes them happy. Just filling a void.
Madness420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 07:38 PM   #15
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Yeah man. I mean saying they're 'rare' is probably what Corbic meant. Kind of insinuates they're real. No biggie, though. I get it.

Kind of funny you guys bumped this thread. Someone showed my the latest Jimmy Oakes video (never heard of him) and he went to this dude's house in NJ. Guy has a garage full of BNIB Nissan parts. The dude (nizmopartsplug) is waxing poetic about how he's trying to save parts from being discontinued.

Let me lay one on you:

My buddy just got BRAND NEW S15 rear valences from Nissan. Painted, all hardware, less than a week turnaround. Under $900.

Nizmopartsplug: $1750 for unpainted valances.
Old 06-23-2021, 08:08 PM   #16
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Yeah man. I mean saying they're 'rare' is probably what Corbic meant. Kind of insinuates they're real. No biggie, though. I get it.

Kind of funny you guys bumped this thread. Someone showed my the latest Jimmy Oakes video (never heard of him) and he went to this dude's house in NJ. Guy has a garage full of BNIB Nissan parts. The dude (nizmopartsplug) is waxing poetic about how he's trying to save parts from being discontinued.

Let me lay one on you:

My buddy just got BRAND NEW S15 rear valences from Nissan. Painted, all hardware, less than a week turnaround. Under $900.

Nizmopartsplug: $1750 for unpainted valances.
Yup. Current USD for painted S15 Valances are $777.76.

I bet dollars to donuts he's going to resell parts he purchased from Mav1178 with a very healthy markup.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:59 AM   #17
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

I mean, money is money I suppose. People who are buying OEM valences anyways are silly. I get the whole period-correct OEM allure thing but that's usually the point where I'm like, 'nah. That ain't it.'
Old 06-24-2021, 11:39 AM   #18
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
I agree, completely. It's something I have talked about before - but the shift from a community that watched out for each other to a way to flip and make money has been... unfortunate. That isn't to say it is illegal or frowned upon to make a few dollars off of parts. It's cool, within reasonable inflation limits. But people who just scrape up everything to hoard and sell are not doing any favors in the scene. Just look at what is happening in Japan. The scene is falling apart because they can't even get parts anymore, as everything is bought and shipped out. Same with the cards. Profit, profit, profit. Dude who runs Y-Plate talked about this in a video, that he won't be importing cars for much longer, because he doesn't think they are worth it to sell them for that high. He doesn't think it's a smart investment and feels it is morally wrong.

Quote:

It isn't creating drama. Nobody has much of a problem with making money on a resell within reason. But when you are legit being one of the people to hoard and create artificial shortages, then turn to inflate the price by a ton - that becomes an issue. Many of us here (especially zilvia) have owned s-chassis for over half of our life. I certainly have. I care deeply for the cars and the 'japanese street style', '90s/ 2000' 'JDM tyte y0' whatever you want to call it scene. Drifting has been my strongest hobby for longer than I can remember. People legit killing it hurts. It also attracts people who just wish to use these cars for influence and making a quick buck, which in turn doesn't build the community that we enjoyed for much of the golden era. There use to be national meets, states had meets, cities (even mid teir cities) had good sized meets. What happened to all that? Oh yeah, most of us got tired of the annoying new dudes who came in with a hot head and didn't add much to the community. Awful.

Maybe I am just reaching ranting age, but yeah - for many of us, this has not been a pleasant transition. Again, nobody hates anyone making a few bucks if it is still an ok deal. I have made money on parts before, I have lost money before, and I have broken even before, but I am always fair in what I sell in my honest opinion. Doing it just to create profit is not my motive, and frankly anybody who uses the scene for such... kind of sucks.
Old 06-24-2021, 12:14 PM   #19
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

I mean, not for nothing, I don't see the allure of having an 'authentic' flag for your garage. I would happily pay much less for something that has such insignificant value to just hanging on the wall as a decoration. Would I skimp out if I wanted a real BRIDE seat or an authentic wheel or something? No. But something just sitting stagnant in my personal space - to me personally - why spend so much more? Cool points, I guess, but there is no memory attached to it for me personally, I don't see value.

Now, if I got that somewhere specific from someone specific and there was sentimental value attached, that's different. But you're buying this from some unknown to just toss it on the wall. I see less issue with it. Y'all are just old and finding a reason to bitch. There is a thread for that. Your rep turns red there. Ask me how I know.
Old 06-24-2021, 06:12 PM   #20
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
i paid $45.00 for a replica NISMO horn button for my MOMO because paying $400 for one is just stupid. plus, hes a small business and one of my customers. would rather support him for doing quality shit, even if its a replica... better than a scalper on eBay or YAJ selling a $2.00 piece of plastic for more than i paid for my MOMO steering wheel!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 06:23 PM   #21
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
Doing it just to create profit is not my motive, and frankly anybody who uses the scene for such... kind of sucks.
I guess I suck.

Given the absurd lead times for the parts I was trying to source, I could've been 10x richer had I went all in on the ~20 or so tech companies I currently own stock in.

But whatever, if there's no profit for me then there's no point spending time to provide parts for a community that doesn't give a shit, they just move from one lowest cost vendor to the next.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 06:55 PM   #22
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
I agree, completely. It's something I have talked about before - but the shift from a community that watched out for each other to a way to flip and make money has been... unfortunate. That isn't to say it is illegal or frowned upon to make a few dollars off of parts. It's cool, within reasonable inflation limits. But people who just scrape up everything to hoard and sell are not doing any favors in the scene. Just look at what is happening in Japan. The scene is falling apart because they can't even get parts anymore, as everything is bought and shipped out. Same with the cards. Profit, profit, profit. Dude who runs Y-Plate talked about this in a video, that he won't be importing cars for much longer, because he doesn't think they are worth it to sell them for that high. He doesn't think it's a smart investment and feels it is morally wrong.

It isn't creating drama. Nobody has much of a problem with making money on a resell within reason. But when you are legit being one of the people to hoard and create artificial shortages, then turn to inflate the price by a ton - that becomes an issue. Many of us here (especially zilvia) have owned s-chassis for over half of our life. I certainly have. I care deeply for the cars and the 'japanese street style', '90s/ 2000' 'JDM tyte y0' whatever you want to call it scene. Drifting has been my strongest hobby for longer than I can remember. People legit killing it hurts. It also attracts people who just wish to use these cars for influence and making a quick buck, which in turn doesn't build the community that we enjoyed for much of the golden era. There use to be national meets, states had meets, cities (even mid teir cities) had good sized meets. What happened to all that? Oh yeah, most of us got tired of the annoying new dudes who came in with a hot head and didn't add much to the community. Awful.

Maybe I am just reaching ranting age, but yeah - for many of us, this has not been a pleasant transition. Again, nobody hates anyone making a few bucks if it is still an ok deal. I have made money on parts before, I have lost money before, and I have broken even before, but I am always fair in what I sell in my honest opinion. Doing it just to create profit is not my motive, and frankly anybody who uses the scene for such... kind of sucks.
I agree with all of this. Probably too much. I don't know why that Whitey dude has a bone to pick with me. I haven't had anyone bitch about me here and it's been long enough that I would've been 'exposed' by now lol. I always research current price trends before I buy things, and it actually has led me to buy things from the US because they are cheaper there. When I sell, I do the same price research and undercut by $100-$200.

I am on the 'STRICTLY RAYS/ADVAN/OHLOOKATMEANDMYCAR' Facebook page and the prices for TEs blows my mind. I paid that price for my 86-spec TEs, and still sold them for the same amount I purchased them for. I didn't try to make a big deal about the 'limited run' as a justification to hike the price. I just made my money back on some overpriced TEs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post

Now, if I got that somewhere specific from someone specific and there was sentimental value attached, that's different. But you're buying this from some unknown to just toss it on the wall. I see less issue with it. Y'all are just old and finding a reason to bitch. There is a thread for that. Your rep turns red there. Ask me how I know.
Yeah but that's just Corbic LOL. I agree with you. I wouldn't skimp on a seat or steering wheel but some replica Nismo horn button or a flag is cool with me.
Old 06-24-2021, 06:55 PM   #23
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
I guess I suck.

Given the absurd lead times for the parts I was trying to source, I could've been 10x richer had I went all in on the ~20 or so tech companies I currently own stock in.

But whatever, if there's no profit for me then there's no point spending time to provide parts for a community that doesn't give a shit, they just move from one lowest cost vendor to the next.
...no one said you suck?

He stated that a reasonable mark-up for time spent and services is totally understandable.

He was speculating that someone bought parts from you (for a decent price) and then marked them up.

Quote:
Old 06-24-2021, 07:19 PM   #24
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
I guess I suck.

Huh?

No man, you are more than reasonable and I am happy to have done business with you a few times.

That's not all all what I was intending man. I am more leaning to scalpers like what Dorki and Dizzariot pointed out, not someone who brings good deals and is a LEGIT seller for sourcing this stuff.

Sorry if you took it that way. Happy with everything I have bought from you, you have offered MORE than fair pricing IMO.
Old 06-25-2021, 06:42 AM   #25
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
This is why I'm glad not to be a JDM fanboy.
Old 06-25-2021, 06:48 AM   #26
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Quote:

This is so fucking spot on that I am legitimately in a better mood after reading it. Occasionally I try to make these points to the scalpers on FB marketplace but literally everyone on FB is a simp for price hikes. I could go on but you did it for me.

Mav, you're doing good. Like others have said, I don't see what drifter-M is stating applying to you at all.
Old 06-25-2021, 06:56 AM   #27
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
This is why I'm glad not to be a JDM fanboy.
Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I have some JDMcoolguyfanboi shit like ganadors and BN on my Silvia but other than that, it has shit I can physically call someone myself to get product. You won't ever catch me haggling on how much I'll spend for your glovebox cooler or NISMO ciggy cover. Y'all are dumb as fuck if you think that shit is cool. That's just me and you're entitled to your opinion but I don't see really anything wrong with what he's doing. The fact that someone went out of their way to make a thread about this shit is pretty sad and a waste of bandwidth. Then again, Corbic is the OP so it makes pretty logical sense. This means he was looking for an authentic NISMO flag or product to begin with which is pretty dumb. Buy some stock in Kleenex because you always cryin'.
Old 06-25-2021, 08:06 AM   #28
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The issue isn't people buying and selling at market value to make a profit, its the people like Stephan Nismo on facebook or that other "JDM GOD" fuck head that got bullied off of zilvia that buy and price gouge the market praying on people who don't know better or don't care about money, which in turn drives up the whole market.

I understand as the years go on the parts are harder to source, which also in turn drives up the price. But Ganadors aren't exactly scarce, and the $1000 price increase in the last 3-5 years is insane. and don't even get me started on Blitz 03.

Unfortunately, this is just happening across the board and I think part of the reason is social media and how easy it is to access these things now. I'm heavily into pitbikes, and the same shit happens. One brand that doesn't exist anymore overnight becomes the hot brand, and suddenly everyone wants their parts, and used parts are insanely priced. Its just people being people.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 08:12 AM   #29
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
But Ganadors aren't exactly scarce, and the $1000 price increase in the last 3-5 years is insane. and don't even get me started on Blitz 03.
This is my standpoint as well. People be like "find another set" yet there's stock S-chassis, ganadors, Blitz, etc listed all the fucking time. It's all unnatural inflation started by just a few people deciding to ask outrageous prices and it spiraling out of control. Pretty much everything "we" are into has about doubled in the last 2-3 years. I don't think the supply or demand for these things has really changed significantly in that time.
Old 06-25-2021, 09:53 AM   #30
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

I think the problem is most of the people consider GKTech's ganadors because they're styled off the same thing. I've called people out on it and then stopped caring because if you're too uneducated to know the difference, then why should the seller be forced to educate you?

The market is determined by supply and demand. While people drive the price up, you should he thanking this kid. He's causing the price on these to plummet. Monkey see, monkey do in this world. When a price is listed, people use it as a frame of reference.

And the ganador thing was just a comparison and not really a unit which I find prized. When they break, I'll replace them with whatever I have on my shelf - EastBears and Bomex. I could honestly care less about market prices on stupid shit like flags - either should you.