Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-25-2021, 10:28 AM   #31
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
...no one said you suck?

He stated that a reasonable mark-up for time spent and services is totally understandable.

He was speculating that someone bought parts from you (for a decent price) and then marked them up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
Huh?

No man, you are more than reasonable and I am happy to have done business with you a few times.

That's not all all what I was intending man. I am more leaning to scalpers like what Dorki and Dizzariot pointed out, not someone who brings good deals and is a LEGIT seller for sourcing this stuff.

Sorry if you took it that way. Happy with everything I have bought from you, you have offered MORE than fair pricing IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Mav, you're doing good. Like others have said, I don't see what drifter-M is stating applying to you at all.

I'm only sourcing parts because 1) I know how to source them, and 2) I fully intend to do this as a way to supplement my income, i.e. I'm doing this entirely for profit.

I think what it ultimately comes down to is what is a good flip and what is a bad one... people can buy real estate, stock, or some other investment instrument, flip it for a large profit, and be perfectly with that, but for some reason when it comes to things we hold sentimental value to it somehow violates every moral code every car person has ever seen? Maybe I'm the minority here, but I don't see anything wrong with it.

That's what I was getting at. I have no interest in flipping parts, especially used parts, but I also don't care that people do it (as a hobby or as a source of income).

They can do whatever they want. I also don't understand why people pay absurd prices for sneakers, but I have a friend who bought a $700k house last year after cashing out ALL of his collection.

To each their own. I flipped this clutch for 3x what I paid for in ~2005 after sitting on it for 3 years:

https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=202395

As I tell every single person that wants to have a conversation about this, "caveat emptor".

P.S. If someone wants to buy parts from me and then resell, then they take the risk of that transaction. If the prices go up and there's enough money for a markup/flip, more power to them. The market can also collapse later this year and used parts pricing implode along with it, so any type of "flip" involves assuming risk on the part of the purchaser/investor. If we all have the power of hindsight, none of us would be here (or let Zilvia constantly die)

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2021, 10:53 AM   #32
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
...and don't even get me started on Blitz 03
most overhyped wheel ever... they werent even that popular back in 90s/early 00s when you could get em new. but since every S13 owner is on the "type x" hype train due to social media echo chambers, the Blitz 03 has become one of the staple wheels to pair with 180sx kouki aero.

whats funny is seeing all these young kids freak and out and talk shit about 326Power for making a near replica of the wheel. and its not just 240sx kids either that are losing their minds. i seriously love the guys who are like "REPLICAS KILL THE SCENE MAN! YOURE STEALING FROM THE ORIGINAL MANUFACTURER" when the original manufacturer has long since ceased production of the product thats being replicated. in this case, 326Power brought something back that, for the stance life scene, is far superior than the originals due to offsets offered. yeah, its a single piece wheel... who cares *twirls finger*. at least it was done correctly... unlike that brand that decided to make single piece Work VS-KF replicas and just failed miserably at it.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 10:56 AM   #33
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
whats funny is seeing all these young kids freak and out and talk shit about 326Power for making a near replica of the wheel.
Even funnier is why none of the folks into social justice talk shit about 326 Power (as a brand name)....

It literally is White Power. 326 is the paint code on my car.

[email protected]
Old 06-25-2021, 11:09 AM   #34
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
There's nothing wrong with selling parts at a profit, but some of these price gouges are just plain hilarious.

Anyone interested in a s14 kouki wing? Was ripped off a car before shipped overnight from Japan.

Or a used s14 grill for $800?

I'm genuinely interested in how these prices are decided. Thinking about selling my authentic nismo s14 side skirts for....fuck it, $4,000 lol

spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 11:52 AM   #35
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
People can ask whatever they want for things. It's a matter of what you buy them for/what they sell for is the other side to that coin.

Y'all real mad over dumb shit. Blitz 03's are not ugly and just like anything, they're 'cool' again because some people dig the style and a specific someone runs them on his pro car. Supply and demand at it's core. If you're mad what they're selling for but you also think they're ugly, you're bitching just to bitch. No one really cares about your opinion. If they're overpriced, smart people won't buy them. If someone buys them to look cool like the driver and car on their iPhone wallpaper, why does that matter to you? You're not invested, you have nothing to lose or gain.

Replicate all the shit y'all want. If you make a living at it, who cares. It's called business. Ask Dorki. He makes replicas and does it so well that he can go out and buy all the cool real shit for his fancy cool car.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 12:16 PM   #36
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Before anything else, I see some posters are stuck on Corbic's use of the flag: banner as an example. I do not read his mind, but I suspect his main issue is with the verbiage - not the actual producing and selling of a no longer created banner for a relatively normal price. I agree with him on that, and I will also say I don't think there is anything wrong with the reproduction of stuff like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
People can ask whatever they want for things. It's a matter of what you buy them for/what they sell for is the other side to that coin.

Y'all real mad over dumb shit. Blitz 03's are not ugly and just like anything, they're 'cool' again because some people dig the style and a specific someone runs them on his pro car. Supply and demand at it's core. If you're mad what they're selling for but you also think they're ugly, you're bitching just to bitch. No one really cares about your opinion. If they're overpriced, smart people won't buy them. If someone buys them to look cool like the driver and car on their iPhone wallpaper, why does that matter to you? You're not invested, you have nothing to lose or gain.

Replicate all the shit y'all want. If you make a living at it, who cares. It's called business. Ask Dorki. He makes replicas and does it so well that he can go out and buy all the cool real shit for his fancy cool car.
I don't see a ton of people ?really mad? man, I know you are hyper opinionated at times, but I think it's reaching here. No disrespect at all, but yeah - I certainly am not ?mad?, just know that inflation in a market is never a good thing, especially the hyper, created kind. On top of that, again, I truly care about the scene. I want it to survive for the next generations and making it harder and harder isn't something I am fond of. Again, simply reference Juicebox's new series ?Japan in a Van? when they do the civic episode (ep. 3). The youth mention how hard it is with rising prices for the next wave to get into cars. Then people here complain about how the scene is dying in Japan (and frankly everywhere), but if you are one of the people contributing to that it is hard to really... complain about it? Yeah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
There's nothing wrong with selling parts at a profit, but some of these price gouges are just plain hilarious.

Anyone interested in a s14 kouki wing? Was ripped off a car before shipped overnight from Japan.

I'm genuinely interested in how these prices are decided. Thinking about selling my authentic nismo s14 side skirts for....fuck it, $4,000 lol

That's my stance. Nothing wrong with making money from it. That?s not the argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
most overhyped wheel ever... they werent even that popular back in 90s/early 00s when you could get them new. but since every S13 owner is on the "type x" hype train due to social media echo chambers, the Blitz 03 has become one of the staple wheels to pair with 180sx kouki aero.

whats funny is seeing all these young kids freak and out and talk shit about 326Power for making a near replica of the wheel. and its not just 240sx kids either that are losing their minds. i seriously love the guys who are like "REPLICAS KILL THE SCENE MAN! YOURE STEALING FROM THE ORIGINAL MANUFACTURER" when the original manufacturer has long since ceased production of the product thats being replicated. in this case, 326Power brought something back that, for the stance life scene, is far superior than the originals due to offsets offered. yeah, its a single piece wheel... who cares *twirls finger*. at least it was done correctly... unlike that brand that decided to make single piece Work VS-KF replicas and just failed miserably at it.
Man I say the same stuff. The 03 has always been a wheel I loved (for 15+ years), but it isn't some crazy design worthy of such crazy prices. 326 is getting heat now, but they have had the 'gangsta' for a long time before the ghost which is clearly an alternative version of the 03 too. It's perfectly fine, as you pointed out - Blitz has long stopped production anyway, who cares? On top of that, these kids calling 326 a rep company

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
I'm only sourcing parts because 1) I know how to source them, and 2) I fully intend to do this as a way to supplement my income, i.e. I'm doing this entirely for profit.

I think what it ultimately comes down to is what is a good flip and what is a bad one... people can buy real estate, stock, or some other investment instrument, flip it for a large profit, and be perfectly with that, but for some reason when it comes to things we hold sentimental value to it somehow violates every moral code every car person has ever seen? Maybe I'm the minority here, but I don't see anything wrong with it.

That's what I was getting at. I have no interest in flipping parts, especially used parts, but I also don't care that people do it (as a hobby or as a source of income).

They can do whatever they want. I also don't understand why people pay absurd prices for sneakers, but I have a friend who bought a $700k house last year after cashing out ALL of his collection.

To each their own. I flipped this clutch for 3x what I paid for in ~2005 after sitting on it for 3 years:

https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=202395

As I tell every single person that wants to have a conversation about this, "caveat emptor".

P.S. If someone wants to buy parts from me and then resell, then they take the risk of that transaction. If the prices go up and there's enough money for a markup/flip, more power to them. The market can also collapse later this year and used parts pricing implode along with it, so any type of "flip" involves assuming risk on the part of the purchaser/investor. If we all have the power of hindsight, none of us would be here (or let Zilvia constantly die)
Hey man, I have nothing much else to add. Your pricing is fair. You aren't the type I was referring too. I have ZERO problem making money, zero. I just don't like hyper inflation killing something I like, and I have never ever seen you do that in years of being here. Nothing I have said was targeted at you, as we have discussed in PM - it isn't making a profit that is bad IMO, it's the way it is conducted and how. You are awesome, most here agree with that - and I am very thankful for the deals you have given over time.

<3

Last edited by DRIFTER-M; 06-25-2021 at 06:04 PM..
DRIFTER-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 12:58 PM   #37
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
I never said you were but the fact this post even exists, someone is big mad. Who gives a shit what he uses for his title. Y'all sitting here complaining how her terms his for sale post but okay that he's selling replica products. He's using the keyword algorithm to his benefit. Obviously it's working because he found it. For every triggered kid with a hard on for ugly ass OEM valences, you get a hundred others that can see past the fucking keywords and just purchased it anyways.

And how is it HARD to get into cars? Sure, the chassis is overpriced but the aftermarket support companies are literally multiplying. That doesn't HURT but HELP the community. Just because the new age isn't going to be able to obtain a S13, it doesn't mean the 350Z's and BRZ/FRS's won't be financially obtainable. And guess what... those aftermarket companies are multiplying, too. Our chassis of choice is antique now. Just like all sought out antiques, the prices rise in time. On top of that, supply and demand will also cause the price to rise.

I feel like some of you don't really understand how shit works and would rather watch a full-length movie or series about someone in a different country than just opening your eyes. Why do you think so many damn people are sliding BMWs and 350Z's now? Apparently they're smarter than some pleb overseas driving around claiming the car scene is dying. The car scene isn't dying - the motivation for the next generation to get off their dicks and get a job to fuel their hobby is what is dying.

I can literally go on for days but to sum it up, stop being such mad, bruh.
Old 06-25-2021, 01:24 PM   #38
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
If people selected parts for quality and performance vs. hype and style then we wouldn't be having this discussion. The problem is the culture that promotes this not the scammers flippers etc. and all this is based on people needing attention and needing to be internet famous rather than doing what they want to do and actually being creative with their own cars. More people need to be doing their own thing, making their own products, and figuring out creative solutions to keeping these older cars on the road.
Old 06-25-2021, 01:33 PM   #39
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
I want to believe that some of these guys peddling their JDM shit for absurd prices are to blame for all these price-hikes we are seeing, but the same thing is happening in many other hobbies/communities/"scenes". Pokemon cards are going for crazy prices these days and it's the same type of hustleboi's that are selling that stuff. Prices for off-road/overland type vehicles have gone up tremendously also. It's like everyone was sitting on their asses for the past year collecting checks and realized they needed to get into a hobby.
Old 06-25-2021, 02:55 PM   #40
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
I never said you were but the fact this post even exists, someone is big mad. Who gives a shit what he uses for his title. Y'all sitting here complaining how her terms his for sale post but okay that he's selling replica products. He's using the keyword algorithm to his benefit. Obviously it's working because he found it. For every triggered kid with a hard on for ugly ass OEM valences, you get a hundred others that can see past the fucking keywords and just purchased it anyways.

And how is it HARD to get into cars? Sure, the chassis is overpriced but the aftermarket support companies are literally multiplying. That doesn't HURT but HELP the community. Just because the new age isn't going to be able to obtain a S13, it doesn't mean the 350Z's and BRZ/FRS's won't be financially obtainable. And guess what... those aftermarket companies are multiplying, too. Our chassis of choice is antique now. Just like all sought out antiques, the prices rise in time. On top of that, supply and demand will also cause the price to rise.

I feel like some of you don't really understand how shit works and would rather watch a full-length movie or series about someone in a different country than just opening your eyes. Why do you think so many damn people are sliding BMWs and 350Z's now? Apparently they're smarter than some pleb overseas driving around claiming the car scene is dying. The car scene isn't dying - the motivation for the next generation to get off their dicks and get a job to fuel their hobby is what is dying.

I can literally go on for days but to sum it up, stop being such mad, bruh.
Specifically speaking to drifting an s-chassis, there isn't a future for the youth. I know you counter with "big picture" of z's, gt86, etc. - but that doesn't replicate what this is. Even if you take my love an ownership of s-chassis out of the equation (basically, 17 years of my life, even longer if you include my sisters hatch when I was in elementary that caused me to fall in love with s-chassis in the first place) drifting itself won't be around in part due to that. The 80s/90s/early 00 had a plethora of chassis. Not even naming obscure or rare cars (like the z32, fb rx7, etc.) you had; 180sx, s13, s14, s15, c33, c34, c35, jzx (x3), soarer, supra, fc rx7, fd rx7, r32, r33, r34, etc. etc.

Many, many chassis to fill the void. The argument that "it isn't hard to get into for the future" while likely only naming the 2 chassis that can hold the budget youth isn't really a realistic goal. There are far less fish in the sea.

This is, without a doubt, simply my bias and love for the art. Period. I realize that, and not everyone has views that align with mine. I wasn’t drifting to be around for the next gen, so when damage is done to the sport especially with disregard for the future of it, I am not a fan.

That's all.

All love though. Just happy with still have Zilvia to argue and discuss this stuff. Love this place.

Last edited by DRIFTER-M; 06-25-2021 at 04:10 PM..
DRIFTER-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 05:04 PM   #41
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Whoa lol. So many replies. I don't wanna quote a bunch of shit so here's my bullets:

1.) Selling shit as authentic when it isn't is whack.

2.) Selling replica shit marketed as such is fine, albeit depending on what you're willing to buy replica. OEM aero requires no trimming, that's my stance on that.

3.) I hear what Supa is saying, but I still think that this idea of 'why you mad, you shouldn't care' allows this shit to spread...a la cancer.

Yeah the price mark up is dumb on shit I don't want to buy...but I've also added shit to that list that I wanted to buy in the past. I used to 'kind of' want Nismo clusters for the S15s and I thought I could always get them at some point. Now look at them lol.

That's also another great point: these are not 'businessmen' that are doing this. They are like vultures that are picking at some carcass but have decided to go from scavenger to predator. What I mean is they feast on the current market and hyper-inflate the one that's about 4yrs down the road. S15 aero bumpers are $4k dude. Four. Fucking. Grand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post

Brother do you not understand that that is total understandable. Same thing can be said for guys with the aforementioned Blitz03s. If you have had things for a long time and are selling them at the current price trend I really don't think anyone would care. We also understand that your prices from Nissan seem to be fair and you (of course) deserve to make a profit for the service you provide those that are in the US. No one expects you to do it for charity.

Nizmopartsplug selling recently (within the last year) purchased BNIB S15 valences from Japan for $1750 isn't the same thing. The pandering about how they are trying to help the community makes it a tougher pill to swallow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
Just happy with still have Zilvia to argue and discuss this stuff. Love this place.
Yeah exactly lol. I'm pretty much only discussing this shit here and with two people IRL that are also affected by this shit.
Old 06-25-2021, 05:18 PM   #42
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post

Dude YEAH. Look up S13 Silvia grilles. They are going for $200, $500, and $1200 and there seems to be ZERO fucking rhyme or reason. They aren't even all shitty or all great...there is no fucking consistency. They see what's happened with the R32s and their other 'hero cars' and they over-anticipate.
Old 06-25-2021, 11:54 PM   #43
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Brother do you not understand that that is total understandable. Same thing can be said for guys with the aforementioned Blitz03s. If you have had things for a long time and are selling them at the current price trend I really don't think anyone would care. We also understand that your prices from Nissan seem to be fair and you (of course) deserve to make a profit for the service you provide those that are in the US. No one expects you to do it for charity.

Nizmopartsplug selling recently (within the last year) purchased BNIB S15 valences from Japan for $1750 isn't the same thing. The pandering about how they are trying to help the community makes it a tougher pill to swallow.
To me, it's the same thing. I bought the clutch kit fully intending on selling it for a profit, and I had no intention of giving it to a friend for dirt cheap.

I think we're splitting hairs at this point, most view some of the sellers out there as shady, others (like me) just see it as people being opportunistic.

I think bottom line is, just don't live or pretend like this car is some bubble we need to protect. It's an aging chassis with lots of parts formerly available, but like most things Nissan the weird positioning of the car (entry level, cheap, lots of variants overseas) created this weird market of low cost parts that we were just enjoying for 20 years.

20 years later, some of us still hold on to the value proposition.

Quote:
Dude YEAH. Look up S13 Silvia grilles. They are going for $200, $500, and $1200 and there seems to be ZERO fucking rhyme or reason. They aren't even all shitty or all great...there is no fucking consistency. They see what's happened with the R32s and their other 'hero cars' and they over-anticipate.
Ironically I was selling the small letter grille for $60 on the list of parts I was bringing in. Brand new.

Had the pandemic not torpedo'd my plans, I actually had about 300+ on order. Oh well.

[email protected]
Old 06-26-2021, 12:18 PM   #44
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Whatever - you whiners parted out all the cars. Wish I could get a counterfeit unmolested s13.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 04:05 PM   #45
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Reading this is AIDS. Please refer to my previous post.

You should be hype the kid is making knock off shit regardless how it markets it to the millennials. Now you can hang an old logo NISMO flag in your car and tell your nephews how cool the old days were. I unfortunately had to say nephews because no woman/man [because we can't be judgy in todays' day in age and I couldn't possibly handle any more negative rep... or can I?] could possibly stand someone more dramatic than they.
Old 06-28-2021, 07:46 AM   #46
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
The other part of the problem is those that continue to pay these ridiculous prices...boycott them and watch pricing fall! I keep saying this along with the issues with the current job market and hostile work environments...staying enables these people and the continued support of these businesses allows it to continue to happen...
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 08:18 AM   #47
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I'm still fully on board with Drifter-M and dizza. Clearly forced inflation can't just be written off as CAR DUN BE OLD.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 09:08 AM   #48
spooled240
Post Whore!

There are differences on how you flip parts:
  • If you're transparent and forthcoming selling your parts at reasonable prices that follow the natural appreciation curve of a market over time, that's ok.
  • If you're attempting to manipulate the market by selling used/damaged items that could be purchased new for the same price or less that's tacky and you suck.
Old 06-28-2021, 09:26 AM   #49
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Boycott what? You weren't going to buy it anyways. You're pretty open about that. You also have no power to stop others from purchasing so what great work are you really doing?

Let the kid make money. Instead of getting all sadboi and contemplating self-harm, maybe next time you can just keep scrolling or block the person/advertisement. It really takes less time and this way, no one has to publicly pick apart how dumb you are. I admit that it's fun but I don't always want to be the bad guy. I do help quite a bit of people here but sometimes seeing shit like this post... sheesh.
Old 06-28-2021, 09:49 AM   #50
spooled240
Post Whore!

^In our old age it's just fun to bitch sometimes. "I want to speak to the manager" in the 240 world is "OMG price rape-I bought this 10 years ago for way cheaper"

What I want to know if who is buying all this stuff at these inflated prices? Who tf is swiping away $4k for a s15 aero bumper? Surely they aren't the typical original 240 owners.. lol
Old 06-28-2021, 10:18 AM   #51
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

^ There is a thread for that already, though. You can bitch and get negative rep there instead of starting a new thread to do the same shit. That's all I'm really saying.

Most of us intelligent guys see stupid shit, laugh to ourselves and move on.
Old 06-28-2021, 05:48 PM   #52
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
I've been watching adam lz compound videos recently because Im jealous and its a sick property and in one of them I remember him mentioning he has 6-8 full sets of Blitz 03s.
Old 06-28-2021, 10:53 PM   #53
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
I'm still fully on board with Drifter-M and dizza. Clearly forced inflation can't just be written off as CAR DUN BE OLD.
CAR DUN BE OLD results in a bell curve of availability. The price will always be higher than it is now. Much higher.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 06:42 AM   #54
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoked240 View Post
I've been watching adam lz compound videos recently because Im jealous and its a sick property and in one of them I remember him mentioning he has 6-8 full sets of Blitz 03s.
Stoked for his new place. Normally I'm not huge on dudes who are in it for the e-clout but I've been tuning into the FD-specific material and he seems much more humble and less ignorant kid. It's refreshing to watch a new attitude. I don't watch all the other shit he does so I can be completely wrong but whatevs.

Plus I will admit that he has the best livery in all of FD. That Jap-styling just does it for me.
Old 06-29-2021, 12:12 PM   #55
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I like the fact Adam comes off as a genuine enthusiast and not just "look at my 2 Jay ZZZ bro!!"
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 01:53 PM   #56
xschylerx
Leaky Injector

xschylerx is on the path to ruinxschylerx is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Pretty much everything "we" are into has about doubled in the last 2-3 years. I don't think the supply or demand for these things has really changed significantly in that time.
i think it may have gone up a bit now that the 12 year old adam lz fanboys are now 17 and can drive, but even then it doesnt justify 8k for a rusty ka car. at that point id just go buy an frs. theres a flipside too of maybe we werent asking enough 2-3 years ago but we wont go there.

i have no issue with rep flags, horn buttons, weird accessory shit like that, just don't advertise it as real or rare, seats and wheels are a different story imo. hot take here and not trying to sound like an sjw (gonna sound like one) but its disrespectful to buy something off yaj or crooober and let it sit on your shelf, someone in japan probably wanted that too. so to do that is a form of cultural appropriation because like it or not America has directly and drastically impacted the market in japan, even more so if you do it just to resell.
TLDR; if your gonna import shit at least make a cool car.

edit-holy shit i missed a whole page of shit show. i said what i said.

Last edited by xschylerx; 06-29-2021 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: dummy
xschylerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 03:00 PM   #57
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Meh. Anyone watching rich kids build cars needs to go outside and play with their own car more. I barely drive mine, but I still won't watch LZ or that fuckwit SAMMIT.

Anyways, the point I'm trying to make has been missed. If you ignore the hype around some shit you don't like, it will eventually seep into the shit you do like. Ignore someone selling old logo Nismo shit for absurd prices because 'not my prob bro' and a year later when you can't get fucking door gaskets because some cunt in NJ is stockpiling them in his Mom's garage, well, that's kind of your fault for taking a backseat.
Old 06-30-2021, 06:42 AM   #58
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
Meh. Anyone watching rich kids build cars needs to go outside and play with their own car more. I barely drive mine, but I still won't watch LZ or that fuckwit SAMMIT.

Anyways, the point I'm trying to make has been missed. If you ignore the hype around some shit you don't like, it will eventually seep into the shit you do like. Ignore someone selling old logo Nismo shit for absurd prices because 'not my prob bro' and a year later when you can't get fucking door gaskets because some cunt in NJ is stockpiling them in his Mom's garage, well, that's kind of your fault for taking a backseat.
I haven't watched SAMMIT for years. When he started, he wasn't that bad. I was more interested with him learning the Japanese culture than the car shit honestly. He just so happened to have a car. Then he did some wild shit and I was all set.

Anywho, I'm a 'buy the dip' kind of person. When I see shit that I will definitely need or even potentially need in the future, I buy it and put it on the shelf. This is what parts departments do around the world in every industry and not a frowned upon practice. If I don't end up using it, I sell it off. I don't stockpile but being prepared is smart. Paying three times more and spending a week to find something when you need it in a pinch is ass and I refuse to stress over silly things. I have two sets of gaskets for pretty much all the cars I give a shit about [R32, Silvia S14a and JZX90] and when things are scarce or going to stop being made, I will get some stuff for my missiles [Z33's] and have those too. Being prepared shouldn't be a bad thing.
Old 06-30-2021, 01:07 PM   #59
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
..and a year later when you can't get fucking door gaskets because some cunt in NJ is stockpiling them in his Mom's garage, well, that's kind of your fault for taking a backseat.
Unfortunately I don't what you can do to prevent this from happening. A lot of parts for our cars are and are continuing to be discontinued with very little used replacement available. Even I feel a bit stressed over how I'm going to replace certain parts like the window and door weatherstripping on my s14.

Quote:
If I don't end up using it, I sell it off.
..but do you attempt to manipulate the market by pulling an astronomical number out of your ass for the parts? That's the main thing that annoys me with the flippers. Then if you call them out on their price you get told that you're broke and a hater lol. I don't have a problem with the hoarding of parts as that's just a natural reaction to our dwindling supply of OEM replacements.
Old 06-30-2021, 01:13 PM   #60
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Yes. I've been through that song and dance and then I just wait. If I'm not willing to spend that much - and I'm generally willing to pay higher end if it calls for it in the specific situation - then I know no one is. If some moron pays for it, it wasn't meant to be. If the price drops to a point where I will be willing, then I'll do that. They can call me whatever they want until they realize they are the ones that have their funds tied up into something and they haven't made shit until it sells. Tying funds up into something for that long, dealing with messages and all the time wasted generally equates to less than minimum wage when you factor it out.

Long story short, it isn't worth the time to do what they do unless the item is insanely highly sought out after or they bag a moron to pay close to asking.