Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-06-2022, 10:28 PM   #211
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
That was once a month when I lived in an apartment. Randos a little too aggressively getting on me to sell my cars to them. And again that was 15 years ago... I guess back then it was "hey maybe this nerd will sell me his 'old car' for cheap"

Back in 09 forever had knocks on the doors....

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2022, 06:48 PM   #212
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fries View Post
Just scrolled through this post and it caught me off guard to see the ages. 30? 33!? 42!!? Then I remembered I just turned 34 and I'm no longer a 17 year old dreaming about buying expensive wheels for my tin can race car. (Now I'm an ADULT doing the same thing)

Good to see all you guys still posting!

Time makes fools of us all...
Old 05-08-2022, 12:33 AM   #213
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
Quote:
Just scrolled through this post and it caught me off guard to see the ages. 30? 33!? 42!!? Then I remembered I just turned 34 and I'm no longer a 17 year old dreaming about buying expensive wheels for my tin can race car. (Now I'm an ADULT doing the same thing)

Yuuuup, we old now.
Old 05-10-2022, 10:39 AM   #214
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Speaking from experience, get the car together and enjoy it as is. He?ll have it wrapped so it looks presentable and then do what you want when home ownership sets in. I can also tell you, Jone ownership demands time too, so doing what you want will take longer.
I actually had the windows removed back in 2012 or 2013 because I wanted to deter myself from taking the "easy" way out with the wraps that were getting popular. Back then whole cars were done for like $1500-2500 and I got quotes for paint at like $7,000. Today those numbers are almost double.

Rather than have my car torn apart any longer, it'll get put back together with just matching emerald blue paint on the S15 front end and the roof (went from shitty flip up sunroof to sheet metal welded in). I want to drive it so bad.

I know home ownership will detract from my project cars. There was a house that met my stringent criteria back in October 2021. I literally would have had it if I had just signed the offer. My dad talked me out of it because he had just closed on a half million dollar rancher and expected me to do the same (pay more and get a finished house that doesnt need work).
I regret not buying that house. I could have just signed a few checks and had whatever work done before moving in.

R E G E R T S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Man, that shit continued...asshole stops and yells "Aww man, you SOLD it!? You shoulda told ME!"
When I used to work for my dad, I'd alternate between the S14 and Subie. I had so many love letters left on the cars. I'm now finding the same letters at my house ( 1 mile away from the business ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
I think this is one thing I?m paranoid about when my car is finally back together. Dude?s wanting to own the car, finding where I live and attempting to own it by other means. I?ll be adding some tricks to the ignition sequence as to deter thieves. The nice thing is, it?ll be locked up in a garage too when it is at my house.

That won?t prevent someone from trying to steal it when I?m out with it though. It?s almost like o can?t even enjoy going to shows with it because I?ll have to post up by it the entire time. My buddy had someone try to steal his Supra one evening when he was driving it. They forced him off to the shoulder and pulled a gun. Needless to say, he left in a cloud of smoke.
I've been trying to find a house for over 2 years, but I'm at a point where the extended driveway ( at my moms house) will need to be extended into the backyard and the cars hidden back there. Even with the street parked cars disabled and tracked, it won't stop a tow truck.
We also have had some hoodlums try the doors on every car on my street.

Sad that people can't leave our shit alone.

They're killing people over white toyotas in my city. Literal basic ass npc cars.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the export business of buying completely wrecked cars stateside (like toyota camrys, rav4s, bullshit npc cars), rebuilding them and sending them over to eastern europe. They wash the rebuilt titles somehow and rollback the odometers.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 11:16 AM   #215
biasword

Trader Rating: (0)
biasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:

i originally joined zilvia back in ~2007 (age 17)? at the time i could only afford an SE b14. I was in love with s chassis, but was never able to get one. Went, b14 (ga16), p11 (sr20de), then dropped out of the car game for a bit. still always lurked, but didnt drive anything cool. fast forward to 2021 and i finally got my dream car (age 33), and here with you all.

biasword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 11:30 AM   #216
upSLIDEdown
Nissanaholic!

Location: VA.. And for those that keep PMing me asking what kit I have, it's Origin Stream.
Trader Rating: (3)
upSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This is weird. Was at an open house last weekend at a buddy's shop and got a little motivation to get my S13 back on the road. It's been sitting in the driveway for a decade. I know. Sad story. Got air in all four tires yesterday, so that's something I guess.

Someone mentioned ages... Bought this thing when I was 17. I'll be 39 this year. Freaking oof. Cheers to nostalgia, ladies and gents. �

EDIT: And somehow my avatar and sig are still intact. SUPER weird. Also. Peep that join date and post count. LURKERRRRRR. Lolol
Old 05-11-2022, 03:44 AM   #217
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
This thread quickly turned into "justify why I don't drive my 240".

I've driven mine to work every day this week. And will continue. It'll be in the garage Saturday though, as i'll need my F150 to go race pitbikes.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 06:41 AM   #218
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
I don't have much to justify, it's a rolling shell. I mean...it's my fault its a rolling shell, but that's a whole other discussion.
Old 05-11-2022, 12:53 PM   #219
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
I don't have much to justify, it's a rolling shell. I mean...it's my fault its a rolling shell, but that's a whole other discussion.
Have you never seen the flintstones? You are failing. lol

My Review Thread

Quote:
Old 05-12-2022, 08:09 AM   #220
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
You guys... reminiscing and all.

I joined drifting.com as my first forum when I was... barely 14. Bought my first s13 for $2500 - a 91 SE Hatch with 100k miles when I was 14, and then joined Zilvia not much later.

Been a long and fun ride. Hope Zilvia is here to stay for good. Lot's of weird and bad memories over the years (LOL), but there is something special about this place.

* Ya'll remember when the baller 3 piece wheels were like $1500? LOL
Old 05-12-2022, 11:01 AM   #221
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
I took my red S13 Hatch apart in 2009 thinking "i'Ll Do A cOmPlEtE rEsToRaTiOn" that never happened.

Fast forward to May 2021 when I finally gave myself time to reassemble it for the sake of verifying that I actually had every single last part I needed for the build.

I was more worried that after all of these years I had sold or misplaced a lot of the important stuff.

The only real upside to having taken this long on certain builds is I am much more confident now in my abilities as well as the overall quality of work / attention to detail.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 06:35 PM   #222
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
I took my red S13 Hatch apart in 2009 thinking "i'Ll Do A cOmPlEtE rEsToRaTiOn" that never happened.

Fast forward to May 2021 when I finally gave myself time to reassemble it for the sake of verifying that I actually had every single last part I needed for the build.

I was more worried that after all of these years I had sold or misplaced a lot of the important stuff.

The only real upside to having taken this long on certain builds is I am much more confident now in my abilities as well as the overall quality of work / attention to detail.
Sitting in my giant pile of parts is a kouki lip you shipped to me on a bus, probably...5 years ago?

The conversation went something like this...

Me: Hun, we need to go to the bus station
Wife: Why?
Me: I need to pick up a car part..
Wife: At the bus station?
Me: Yep.
Wife: What part?
Me: An expensive lip for a bumper I don't own yet, to a car that is in a million pieces.

She wasn't thrilled.

But at least now I have the rest of the front end to go with that lip.
Old 05-14-2022, 11:14 PM   #223
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Ugh. My work shop has stuff all over it.

The old low compression KA and it's transmission. Then I saw someone selling an allegedly low mileage KA with reported 50K miles on it. I drove and bought that one. Then decided like a month later I did not want another 155hp engine in the car. Fast forward time. someone was selling a notchtop SR20 with a spun bearing for like 400. Checked it out, was literally in pieces. bottom and top end seperated. Block looked good, cross hatching was fine. No idea on the crank. Included the transmission.

So now I have two KA's, an SR and two transmission in the work shop. Starting buying swap parts for the SR before it is even built.

Found one shop so far in Atlanta that will rebuild the SR for 3k. Figured shid I can make that no problem, but then thought since its already apart might as well go for forged rods and pistons which they suggested 6k for that so saving up. Then I started talking to a guy who builds LS engines in his garages, helped me take the engine out of my truck.

Now I keep talking myself out of picking up a cheap LM7 and swapping it as I can make 400rwhp pretty easy.

SIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 09:48 PM   #224
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If I had another block I'd have four KAs in my one-car garage. At least one is actually in the car.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 06:40 AM   #225
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Ugh. My work shop has stuff all over it.

So now I have two KA's, an SR and two transmission in the work shop. Starting buying swap parts for the SR before it is even built.

Now I keep talking myself out of picking up a cheap LM7 and swapping it as I can make 400rwhp pretty easy.

SIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH
I have my old S14 ka, one spare subaru trans, and like 7 SR/ka 5 speeds.
I keep trying to buy another sr20 to be a back up to the one in the car currently.

If I were in your spot, I'd sit down and have a hard conversation with yourself and really determine what you want/ can do. Inspection is an issue you need to consider, and parts availability/ aftermarket support. We are in a time where all 3 of those engines have good support.

I would have stuck with my KA had I kept reading and doing more research on the ka-t setups. Since I have more cars now I will still try a ka-t and do my own little comparison.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 01:35 PM   #226
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post

I've still got the Spirit Dancer wing you sold me years ago. Sad thing is that I never opened it until maybe 3 years ago? During storage, a small piece had chipped off the corner of the wing. Definitely fixable, but I was quite sad. That and since my build plans have changed, I won't be running the wing either. Just won't match my carbon theme.
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 04:17 PM   #227
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13SilviaGirl View Post
Back in 09 forever had knocks on the doors....
lol and now you ARE the door knocker!!!

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 08:56 PM   #228
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
lol and now you ARE the door knocker!!!
Heck ya...schassis, 86's toyota rvs on a sunday lol

My Review Thread

Quote:
Old 06-22-2022, 05:20 AM   #229
S13-Silvia
Zilvia Member

S13-Silvia will become famous soon enoughS13-Silvia will become famous soon enoughS13-Silvia will become famous soon enoughS13-Silvia will become famous soon enough
Extremely happy to see Zilvia still active again. I miss my 240 and I regret selling it all the time. Just glad to have experienced it and nostalgic thinking back on all the hours spent reading on this site. Hope this site stays active for another 20+ years
S13-Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 03:41 PM   #230
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I just randomly came back.. I was here a long time ago and now 40. Sold my 97 240sx with a LS1 back in 2008. I miss it, would buy another one but see prices these days are way more than what it use to be. I can't bring myself to pull the trigger to buy another s chasis then start modifying it.
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 12:03 PM   #231
upSLIDEdown
Nissanaholic!

Location: VA.. And for those that keep PMing me asking what kit I have, it's Origin Stream.
upSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
You guys... reminiscing and all.

* Ya'll remember when the baller 3 piece wheels were like $1500? LOL
Almost positive I paid $2k for my Equips back then. I've seen them for 4 times that now. Insane. Mine have been sitting outside in the driveway for 10 yrs. Just pulled them off and started tearing them apart to refinish them actually.
Old 07-25-2022, 02:21 AM   #232
Panda-Eats-240
Zilvia Member

Panda-Eats-240 is just really nicePanda-Eats-240 is just really nicePanda-Eats-240 is just really nicePanda-Eats-240 is just really nicePanda-Eats-240 is just really nicePanda-Eats-240 is just really nicePanda-Eats-240 is just really nicePanda-Eats-240 is just really nicePanda-Eats-240 is just really nice
This is nostalgic as hell.

I was a little ass kid lurking this forum for years before I even made an account. Now I'm on the cusp of 30 seeing familiar users still here reminiscing like old kooks while this sites livelihood has been flickering. Man...

Massive props to you and the team mrmephistopheles. We need this place.

(We also need paid memberships back so I can change this embarrassing ass username)
Old 02-11-2023, 02:19 PM   #233
n8RPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
n8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I still have my old Zilvia.net shirt.

I finally got back into an S13 after almost a decade of selling the supercharged S13 and am excited like I was all over again. This one needed a lot of work but came with some decent parts a built SR that was beat and neglected so its getting rebuilt fully and fully adjustable suspension arms front to rear.

Really cool to see so many people still here doing the S chassis game.

WASTED I AM!
n8RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 02:35 PM   #234
Smoket

Smoket is just really niceSmoket is just really niceSmoket is just really niceSmoket is just really niceSmoket is just really niceSmoket is just really niceSmoket is just really niceSmoket is just really nice
This place has helped me a ton so I gotta give thanks to everyone involved, When I bought my first s13 I would look at Zilvia multiple times day and night to see all the goods, The "This is the roll center" thread helped me a ton with setting up my car properly and I still link the thread to friends this day, I'm mostly a lurker but I just wanted to say this was/is the best place for s-chassis related information. Cheers.
Smoket is offline   Reply With Quote