Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-23-2022, 11:32 AM   #31
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xschylerx View Post
god... and get some bitches for fucks sake.
All I heard was Samuel Jackson's voice
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2022, 08:56 AM   #32
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
not super rare actually, the S13 never came with AC from the factory standard outside of the LE trim, so a lot of base models and also some SEs came without it.
idk man, id say like 85-90% of s13 ive ever seen have had AC from factory. it was like 2018 before i even found out that non-AC s13 even existed, let alone saw one in person. Every s13 ive ever owned has had ac, and even the ones ive just parted out have all had AC.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 03:34 PM   #33
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
idk man, id say like 85-90% of s13 ive ever seen have had AC from factory. it was like 2018 before i even found out that non-AC s13 even existed, let alone saw one in person. Every s13 ive ever owned has had ac, and even the ones ive just parted out have all had AC.
because it was a cheap $500 MSRP option to add on to the cost of the car when the car was sold new.

every trim of the car outside the LE had to have AC added on as part of the order/allocation process from dealer to Nissan. it also was an easy upsell, so most dealers added it to stocking SE models and some base models depending on region. same with factory or dealer installed sunroof, they kind of just ordered cars that way to increase ASP.

the only SE trim cars without AC are those that were ordered that way by someone doing a special order. this is also apparent on SE trim non-sunroof cars.

I think the unicorn car out there is a no AC, SE trim hatch with automatic transmission and the Handling Package (Super HICAS)

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 12:50 PM   #34
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Quote:
because it was a cheap $500 MSRP option to add on to the cost of the car when the car was sold new.

the only SE trim cars without AC are those that were ordered that way by someone doing a special order. this is also apparent on SE trim non-sunroof cars.

I think the unicorn car out there is a no AC, SE trim hatch with automatic transmission and the Handling Package (Super HICAS)
interesting stuff! Things i never knew!

Quote:
Old 06-02-2022, 09:32 PM   #35
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
not super rare actually, the S13 never came with AC from the factory standard outside of the LE trim, so a lot of base models and also some SEs came without it.
27850-40F00, probably super long gone, but that was the non-A/C duct that replaces the evaporator. It is literally just a rectangular duct to replace the evaporator box, with a flange for the blower motor resistor.

I thought non-A/C was pretty rare but here in the southeast it's perhaps more 'necessary' and I've never seen another non-A/C S13 here since my '90 coupe. The story of that car also was that it was ordered and owned by a dealership employee.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 11:39 PM   #36
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
27850-40F00, probably super long gone, but that was the non-A/C duct that replaces the evaporator. It is literally just a rectangular duct to replace the evaporator box, with a flange for the blower motor resistor.

I thought non-A/C was pretty rare but here in the southeast it's perhaps more 'necessary' and I've never seen another non-A/C S13 here since my '90 coupe. The story of that car also was that it was ordered and owned by a dealership employee.
S14 part# 27850-70F00 if anyone is interested.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 11:08 PM   #37
schassis240

Trader Rating: (0)
schassis240 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
if you have a 240sx in hawaii with no ac...you will sit in traffic sweating through your race seat..sucks balls...keep your ac guys!
schassis240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 09:25 AM   #38
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schassis240 View Post
if you have a 240sx in hawaii with no ac...you will sit in traffic sweating through your race seat..sucks balls...keep your ac guys!
AC is highest priority on my next s13 build.

Quote:
Old 06-01-2023, 09:32 AM   #39
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Just the other day I had triggered one of those old memories.

I took my daughter to the mall, something kids don't do anymore, but she actually needed to buy something. We parked over on a side where, about 20 years ago to the day, I went to my first ever 240SX meet, in my '90 hatch with no A/C. It was also the first time I had ever driven the car in the summer heat in Virginia, and Beltway traffic, after buying it a couple months earlier. I was boiling in sweat.

So that's why my current '93 has working A/C.

And if anyone is still around who was there at the Bennigans in Springfield Mall back in summer '03, I've still got the photos!
Old 06-02-2023, 11:47 AM   #40
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
And if anyone is still around who was there at the Bennigans in Springfield Mall back in summer '03, I've still got the photos!
man there needs to be a "back in the day meets" photo thread.
just an archive of all the times we spent standing in parking lots.

Quote:
Old 06-04-2023, 02:39 PM   #41
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

^ This is the duct (left). It took forever to find, but added it when I pulled my AC. Made absolutely no sense having on my car: S13 hatch w/ popups, oil cooler, SR. Too much plumbing and I'd rather have serviceability for this fair weather car. Same for the PS, gone and converted the rack to manual.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 10:51 AM   #42
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Fuck it, post em in this thread. Somewhat not relevant to the thread, but I love seeing stuff like that.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 11:00 AM   #43
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Hokay. It's the summer of 2002 in Virginia and we got

SRs with sidemounts

Clean stock KAs with Injen intakes

Not sure if real Veilside or knockoff?

The red hatch in the back is mine... I didn't take any pictures of my own car that day

This was the era of digital cameras with like 16MB CF cards so you still had film-like capacity unless you set the resolution way down. This was all taken with my 2 megapixel Fuji.

I know a bunch of the people and cars in the shots are OG Zilvians but I can't remember names or usernames at all.

https://imgur.com/a/7weTnCi
Old 06-12-2023, 12:04 PM   #44
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Cool! I didn't think SR's were that prevalent that early on, especially outside of Cali. Always gives me goosebumps thinking how many mint example chassis you had to choose from 21 years ago... That Kouki could have been as new as a 2019 car on the road today.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 12:20 PM   #45
AKADriver
Post Whore!

I think that day was my first time seeing an SR in person, haha. Heavythrottle was east coast based and supplied a lot of swaps back then.

The time expansion is real. Back in that era people used to avoid 12-13 year old CA18DETs because they were too old. But, as the sidemounts show people were expecting to buy an SR and drop it in and have it run like a fresh low mileage stock motor, because it was. But yeah imagine "don't get an LS3, they're too old, get an LT1".
Old 06-19-2023, 11:27 AM   #46
thermogod
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
thermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
not sure this is specific to any given state, but...people who cut up their immaculate stock body cars for stuff like VSaero rep rocket bunny fenders. the ones that require you to cut your front fenders really far back. and then they rivet through their mint wingless trunk lid for a 70 dollar facebook marketplace rocket bunny wing.

i'm all for "do what makes you happy". but, if it's rust-free and straight, why slice it up?