Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 06-05-2023, 12:42 PM   #1
Jurgenh13

Trader Rating: (0)
Jurgenh13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S13 Driveshaft Angle

Getting a one piece driveshaft for my S13 build. It?s a Frankenstein but it?s an S chassis with an R200 diff out of another S13. I?ve looked on All Data, talked with the gentleman at my dealership, and looked through service manuals along with countless forum threads.

I can?t find what the factory driveshaft angle is. Depending on what this is my driveshaft measurement could change a 1/16th to an 1/8th of an inch possibly. Rather be safe than have issues after spending all the money. Any help is appreciated.
Jurgenh13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2023, 02:02 PM   #2
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Driveshaft angle is irrelevant. and angles are measured with an angle finder not in inches. What matters is pinion angle in relation to transmission/engine angle and you can't simply change the pinion angle of the diff in these cars like you can with a solid axle. I'm sure whatever setup you've put together will be fine so just order the driveshaft and call it a day!
Old 06-08-2023, 06:37 AM   #3
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you're not using a stock transmission, in other words you have an other-than-SR/CA/RB20 swap, then the angles won't be the same as stock anyway because the position of the output shaft may be wildly different.

If you are using a stock transmission in the stock position then there's nothing frankenstein about your car it's just an S13 and you can use an off the rack one piece where they figured this out for you.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 10:37 AM   #4
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
What matters is pinion angle in relation to transmission/engine angle and you can't simply change the pinion angle of the diff in these cars like you can with a solid axle.
In an S13 you can shim the whole subframe to change the angle, of course this will also change the anti-squat.

In an S14 you could shim the pinion down since it's bushing mounted to the subframe, or machine custom solid offset bushings for the other side to nose it up.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote