Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-30-2001, 11:59 AM   #1

ok about 15 days ago i got a dent taken out of the drivers side. the body shope painted that whole side of the car. well a few days later they washd the car i puled up as they were washing it. they were useing brushes like at the car wash. well now i look at the paint and its got 1000s of litle tiny scratches. so many in some spots it looks faded or white (black car). now i know these will come out with a lite compounding they are now deeo at all. buti have herd that you shou;d wait like 3 months for the paint to full dry. it kills me looking at the car and i dont know how much longer i can hold off. has anyone had any experience with a painted car, can you guys please give me some info on what i should do. i am gona try to wait the 3 months then fix it but any suggestions are welcome. o ya i am on longisland ny so its gettin cold and soon will be extreamly cold so should i wait longer that 3 months?  

craig
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2001, 12:08 PM   #2
thewholefnshow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
thewholefnshow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to thewholefnshow
honestly, use the 3 step mothers system, you might still have some scrathes, but it will get rid of like 70% of the crap, coat it (it makes your paint smoother than you would ever believe) and it protects against the next jackass you touches your car with a brush. It is great stuff... works AS well as that gojo 240 or whatever the product of the week is... It did a great job on my car, made it look like a million bucks, and makes dark colours shine like new... I covered some large scratches with it, and it water runs off for weeks afterwards. good luck to you, I know how annoying the swirls can be sometimes.
thewholefnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 12:18 PM   #3

ya its not even swirls..on that side they polished the passenger side with a machine i had no idea they would thatside was swirled to shit but its comeing out. on the drivers side its all little scratches their not deep but i dont know i should touch the paint yet... i dont wanta f it up more then these guys did.....i pissed it was supposed to look good comeing from a body shop...there never gona get my cash again.
Old 11-30-2001, 12:35 PM   #4
ZeroGS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
ZeroGS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Honestly I have no idea why they were using brushes on your car...,anyhows I'd take it back to them and make them get the scratches out since they put them in
ZeroGS14 is offline   Reply With Quote