Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-19-2023, 10:52 PM   #1
S13..240sx

Trader Rating: (0)
S13..240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S14 gas gauge problem

Recently replaced the o2 on the car just as a maintenance thing, The car did use a lot less gas and ran the same which was good. A week goes by and driving the car one day and the gauge goes from halfway to 1/4. So I fill it back up and keep an eye on it and can tell it started to use the same amount of gas as before or maybe even a little worse. I had some time and found out the line that runs from the bottom right of the tank to the top hat had actual gotten a tear in it and was leaking some gas out so i cut it off and moved the line up. Still had the same issue and found a little further down the line it had another tear in it so I fixed that section as well. After fixing the line i took off the top hat to inspect and see if the floater was still on the hanger which it was so I filled the car up and it was right at 3/4 of a tank and I went on a 20 mile drive, the car was just above halfway. The issue is the gauge shows just above half and I will drive the car hard 3k+ rpms and it will move up right to just under 3/4 of a tank then I drive normally and it will fall back to just above halfway. There are no more leaks no wiring was messed with. The o2 was a bosch. I have replaced the spark plugs, wires, and maf 3k miles ago.
S13..240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links