Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-28-2021, 05:47 AM   #1
Daveyboy

Trader Rating: (0)
Daveyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Main bearing color codes

Hey guys!

Rebuilding a sr20det s13 red top and have came across a little issue.
I live in Japan and ordered all parts from a parts store, they told me when I was ordering to check the color on the main bearings as there are like 5 I believe!

Then order the same color that the engine contains already, I stripped one main bearing to check what color what printed on the bearing, it was green so I ordered green!

I fitted them tonight but noticed the part numbers are different.

Does anyone have any idea why the colors are the same but part numbers are different?

Thanks!
Daveyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2021, 08:23 AM   #2
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Parts numbers do change.

The real important thing here though is clearance. How much power is this engine going to make? If this is an engine that will see the racetrack, you're going to want to open up the bearing clearances. If it's just a daily/street car, you can probably get away with stock clearance specs unless you plan on making some decent power.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 05:17 PM   #3
Daveyboy

Daveyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello and thanks for the reply!

It won’t see the race track as far as I’m aware although the owner likes to go heavy on the gas and drift about from time to time ��.

I’m not sure I have a bore gauge, I do have a run out gauge and micro meter for sure though!

I guess I need to check the clearances to be sure!

Thanks again!
Daveyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 11:14 PM   #4
Lex Zarza

Lex Zarza is making his/her stupidity well-knownLex Zarza is making his/her stupidity well-knownLex Zarza is making his/her stupidity well-knownLex Zarza is making his/her stupidity well-known
sooo what you guys recommended a good micrometer and bore gauge? i am having a hard time finding the right micrometer. the one i got off Amazon has inaccuracy measurements.
Lex Zarza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 10:07 AM   #5
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Zarza View Post
sooo what you guys recommended a good micrometer and bore gauge? i am having a hard time finding the right micrometer. the one i got off Amazon has inaccuracy measurements.
Mitoyoto, SPI, Starrett are some of the many quality precise measuring tools.

I personally like mitoyoto, but if you aren?t doing this frequently, SPI has some decently cheap, quality units.