Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-18-2021, 03:29 PM   #31
doridoridori
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
doridoridori is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I did check my idle and it was around 1k before so i had adjusted it to about 820ish, I warmed up the engine and used NDS to set it in timing mode (wish i had it sooner). It did settle the idle and I was able to get it to sit still and set the timing and when it's at 15deg it isn't 100% full advance but its very close to it. I flipped the timing gun pickup the other way and upside down to see if there were any changes in the reading but there weren't. I will say when i used the pickup on the timing loop in the back it changed but it put the CAS more retard and it ran worse so I put it back how it was before (closer to the advanced side).

I spoke with a lot of ppl and one person told me on rare occasion he has seen some SR CAS's sit that far advance to hit 15*deg.

I sprayed looking for vac leaks (but the engine was out a few months ago and i replaced every line and all new clamps and hoses so I had no vac leaks. Either this is one of those rare occasions or i don't know.

The mechanical timing is on, at TDC (3/8 extention in spark plug hole #1 at it's highest point), valve cover off stabbed CAS I can visually see it, counted the links from cam gear to cam gear, lobes facing outwards i don't know what else to really do but as it sits it runs fine.
Old 10-23-2022, 12:06 PM   #32
doridoridori
Zilvia Junkie

Figured i'd give an update on this maybe it'll help someone else. So i have been running some sti 550cc injectors (the yellows) and i got them used and before installing them i just took them to an injector place, had them flow tested & cleaned, injectors checked out and they were fine for a few years. After jumping hurdles making sure timing was right, going over my cooling system a billion times I had a hunch MAYBE just maybe an injector is sticking/clogged or something causing a cylinder to get hotter than the others. Usually most ppl don't find out until it's too late. I got some 750cc injectors, installed them and my temps dropped A LOT. Before, I'd warm the car up, drive it around and if i get on it a bit back then it'd jump up from 170F to like 200F pretty quick maybe in the course of 15-20mins. Now with the new injectors I followed the same process, let the car warm up to operating temps, drove it around, did a few sweepers here n there and temps just stayed around 170F. So I guess it was the old injectors maybe gunked up or something.
Old 10-24-2022, 09:17 AM   #33
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by doridoridori View Post
I got some 750cc injectors, installed them and my temps dropped A LOT. .
i'm hoping you tuned the ecu for this and adjusted your fuel tables? Dyno session?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 05:33 PM   #34
doridoridori
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
i'm hoping you tuned the ecu for this and adjusted your fuel tables? Dyno session?
Enthalpy tune setup for it yes
Old 10-31-2022, 10:24 AM   #35
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by doridoridori View Post
Enthalpy tune setup for it yes
Did you happen to check the sock in the fuel tank?
Old 10-31-2022, 08:28 PM   #36
doridoridori
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Did you happen to check the sock in the fuel tank?
I haven't recently but the car doesn't see a ton of miles and I put a new pump in there a year ago with new everything
Old 11-02-2022, 10:39 AM   #37
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Might be worth a checkl. I haven't run my car for like 10 years and just recently put fuel in it. I think just stuff gets dirty.... Might be worth a check. I need to check mine as well.... For Bosch 044 makes all crazy noises, not sure if it is air or a dirty sock
Old 11-02-2022, 11:02 AM   #38
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
actually reading this with that resolution it may have been running lean to become hot...dunno only way to find out for sure would be to send them out for testing. but glad it got resolved! I also have enthalpy tune but did have martin do the whole thing for all mods and even had to do some tweaking due to using autozone maf as their scaling is not the same
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote