Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-15-2005, 09:50 PM   #1
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (29)
Jonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jonnie Fraz
Now I know...

Now I know why alot of you guys do not bother repairing ka motors, but just change them out. Looks like I have a blown head gasket, so I am tearing the top end down on my ka24d. What a pain in the ass! I have never seen so many things hooked up to the intake, not to mention the head. Oh well once this is done I can take on anything.

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Jonnie Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2005, 09:53 PM   #2
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie Fraz
Now I know why alot of you guys do not bother repairing ka motors, but just change them out. What a pain in the ass!
well that was a stupid comment.
SilviaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 09:58 PM   #3
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just take the head off with the intake mani conected. You think thats hard, try changing headgaskets on a TT VG, or see how much useless hoses there are on a 2j or 1j.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:07 PM   #4
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
yeah why did he remove the intake mani from the head? eh now u gotta buy 2 gaskets....
Old 06-16-2005, 09:46 AM   #5
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Jonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfection
Unfortunitly I have one of those POS Chilton books that says " remove the intake manifold" Now I realise it would have much easier with the intake still on.

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Old 06-16-2005, 10:15 AM   #6
Pank
Post Whore!

Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
Quote:
Now I know yall be lovin this shit right here. L-I-M-P, bizkit is right here.

ok, just kidding.

I'm looking to pull the head off my KA in a few weeks, but HOPEFULLY it will be after the mani/exhaust is removed, and the engine is on a stand outside of the car.

also, TheSnail, put my qoute back in your sig!!

zenki s14---v8 fc rx7
my crappy flickr page (drift cars whoo)
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 12:09 PM   #7
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
you need to get an FSM save yourself a headacke and broken parts
Old 06-16-2005, 12:11 PM   #8
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Pank... Good luck, I wish I had my engine out to do this. 420 ...I am looking for A FSM for a 90 if you have one you would like to sell. Thanks guys for the info.

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Old 06-16-2005, 12:15 PM   #9
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviaDriver
well that was a stupid comment.
Thanks a pant-load.

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Old 06-16-2005, 01:06 PM   #10
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
dude those oem books are expensive... but well worth the value.....i got mines for like 60 bucks
Old 06-16-2005, 01:17 PM   #11
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pank

also, TheSnail, put my qoute back in your sig!!
The sig is back It great it cracks me up everytime.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:27 PM   #12
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Good news is it looks to me like the motor has been rebuilt, no ridge at all at the top of the cylinders.

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Old 06-17-2005, 01:29 PM   #13
Pank
Post Whore!

Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
Quote:
Pank... Good luck, I wish I had my engine out to do this. 420 ...I am looking for A FSM for a 90 if you have one you would like to sell. Thanks guys for the info.

I've got the PDF for a 95, but thats not going to help you.

I'd recommend finding the FSM in PDF (not that hard to find on the web) and get it printed at Kinkos or something. check around, it may come out to be cheaper than buying one

//edit: actually dude, here you go
http://www.zeroyon.com/techfiles/Nissan_240SX_89-90.zip

zenki s14---v8 fc rx7
my crappy flickr page (drift cars whoo)
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 06:53 PM   #14
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Thanks Pank...How can i be the man , if you are the Man?

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com