Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Drivetrain

Old 02-16-2017, 08:55 AM   #1
travon47
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
travon47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxScores View Post
The Z32 Differential is a R200 just like the stock s13 differential, hence why the viscous diff and their R&P are direct swaps.
The Z33 diff is a R230 I believe, has readily available R&P swaps and more LSD options on top of having a stronger R&P and axles.
Z33 is not a r230, it is still a r200. The rear bushing did not fit on my 05 g35 auto trans. the knurl on the stud is too large for the bushing how it was machined and I had to modify it. Also like Jorgs said, they are a press fit and I have no idea how you can line these up properly while pressing them in, not to mention I hogged the shit out of my diff flanges on the front just to make it start to slip in for the first part( how these are machined).
Also I have a little bit of camber, but my axles are 100% compressed with the diff just sitting in the subframe without the mounts( hardly off from where it would sit) So it looks like extended rlca are a must, atleast for me.
travon47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2017, 09:36 AM   #2
240sxScores
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
240sxScores is making a name for him/her self240sxScores is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240sxScores
Quote:
Originally Posted by travon47 View Post
Z33 is not a r230, it is still a r200. The rear bushing did not fit on my 05 g35 auto trans. the knurl on the stud is too large for the bushing how it was machined and I had to modify it. Also like Jorgs said, they are a press fit and I have no idea how you can line these up properly while pressing them in, not to mention I hogged the shit out of my diff flanges on the front just to make it start to slip in for the first part( how these are machined).
Also I have a little bit of camber, but my axles are 100% compressed with the diff just sitting in the subframe without the mounts( hardly off from where it would sit) So it looks like extended rlca are a must, atleast for me.
My bad.

Could you measure the distance between the snout mounting holes then make a U shaped bracket with similar bolts. Slip bushings on bracket then hold up to differential and twist them until everything lines and press in

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
240sxScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 12:40 PM   #3
travon47
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
travon47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxScores View Post
My bad.

Could you measure the distance between the snout mounting holes then make a U shaped bracket with similar bolts. Slip bushings on bracket then hold up to differential and twist them until everything lines and press in

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
That could definitely work for the front, but I think I am still going to take .001" off of them on a lathe so I can get them out again. The reason I want to do this is I have an auto diff (3.3) which I am going to weld because there isn't a aftermarket lsd (1.5 or 2 way) for it, atleast that I have found. So once I pick up a manual(3.5) diff and get a lsd I can swap that in.
travon47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:24 PM   #4
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by travon47 View Post
That could definitely work for the front, but I think I am still going to take .001" off of them on a lathe so I can get them out again. The reason I want to do this is I have an auto diff (3.3) which I am going to weld because there isn't a aftermarket lsd (1.5 or 2 way) for it, atleast that I have found. So once I pick up a manual(3.5) diff and get a lsd I can swap that in.
Yup.

The bushings & diff ears are +/-.002" of each other.

Its too tight. Gonna machine these as well.

Pretty silly to have to machine something that was ≈$170 to begin with
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote