Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #61
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad_s13.5 View Post
that'd be sick!

but ur tires look plenty beefy now man,.....i dnt think you need to go wider
i think they just look beefy do to the "small rim" and the fact that most 240sx guy's are into the streched look, where the goal for this one is to try and hook.

205.55.15 on the front
225.50.15 on the rear

on a 15x7. i don't think with another 10+ psi of boost a 225 drag radial is gonna hook.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:36 PM   #62
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
when you did your 2jz swap did
you have to push back the firewall or anything like that
or it was just a simple drop in but with custom brackets and mounts to
hold the engine up
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:55 PM   #63
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
just make sure you tell lizmo Nitromethane is for pussy's haha
Old 08-14-2009, 02:09 PM   #64
artdrifter
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
artdrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Damn! if i met a girl like that i would marry her right away. looks great bro. cant wait until you do all the body work
artdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:20 PM   #65
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by hOngsterr View Post
when you did your 2jz swap did
you have to push back the firewall or anything like that
or it was just a simple drop in but with custom brackets and mounts to
hold the engine up
nope no modifications needed for the firewall. We used the Tech2 kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 @ fullboost View Post
just make sure you tell lizmo Nitromethane is for pussy's haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by artdrifter View Post
Damn! if i met a girl like that i would marry her right away. looks great bro. cant wait until you do all the body work
that's the plan's

Thanks everyone.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:32 PM   #66
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Awesome build. Dont worry about people saying it isnt much faster than other 400whp ka/sr's. 9/10 of them that you run into are running t25/t28's or t3t4's at 10psi. Also nothing sounds like an I6 in comparison to any 4 cylinder no matter how built they are.
SuicidnS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:39 PM   #67
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidnS13 View Post
Awesome build. Dont worry about people saying it isnt much faster than other 400whp ka/sr's. 9/10 of them that you run into are running t25/t28's or t3t4's at 10psi. Also nothing sounds like an I6 in comparison to any 4 cylinder no matter how built they are.
yeah, we didn't do it to be the fastest 240sx around just one of the most reliable fast ones by us.

400whp KA/SR on stock bottom end is a ticking time bomb, and this car should do 370ish at the wheels mostly stock.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:55 PM   #68
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Old 08-20-2009, 01:59 PM   #69
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

got an appointment next friday (28th) for the cam swap and to wire up the last things for the electronics.

And then they will put the car on a dyno and give it a tune.

stay tuned
Old 08-20-2009, 02:23 PM   #70
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
just make sure you tell her it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile winning is winning =]
Old 08-20-2009, 04:21 PM   #71
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
ok toretto......
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:24 PM   #72
lizmo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
lizmo is making a name for him/her selflizmo is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lizmo
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 @ fullboost View Post
just make sure you tell her it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile winning is winning =]

very funny...
Old 08-20-2009, 07:37 PM   #73
z2roll4life7
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
z2roll4life7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
400whp KA/SR on stock bottom end is a ticking time bomb, and this car should do 370ish at the wheels mostly stock.
i wouldnt say 400Whp on an stock Sr bottom is a Ticking Time Bomb theres People on here that have been running 400Whp on Stock bottom for Years
z2roll4life7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:25 AM   #74
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

go F&F quotes to come in the near future =]
Old 08-24-2009, 10:35 PM   #75
crono72000
Zilvia Member

crono72000 is an unknown quantity at this point
u finaly got it finished !!! awesome last time i talked to u u said it wasent going to be done for a while ... congratz man !!! im still having that stupid wiring bug with mine ! , i just want it to run 100% *CRY* !!!
Old 08-24-2009, 10:39 PM   #76
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crono72000 View Post
u finaly got it finished !!! awesome last time i talked to u u said it wasent going to be done for a while ... congratz man !!! im still having that stupid wiring bug with mine ! , i just want it to run 100% *CRY* !!!
god damn man, that really sucks, have you tried getting on SF or calling up Tech2? they are pretty helpful.

some things have gone wrong on the car, the fan's decided to take a shit, so this friday i'm getting some ILL GARAGE fan's for it.

and uhm it's getting a few more things taken care of.

Thanks again man!
Old 08-24-2009, 10:51 PM   #77
crono72000
Zilvia Member

crono72000 is an unknown quantity at this point
i call tech 2 all the time, i just dont have any doh right now my only option and i think my best bet would be just 2 send them the whole harness and have them go over it. sean's good ! Doctor tweak is the one who originaly did my harness and they fired him because random shit like whats hapening to me, would happen to peoples cars, the 2jz is a god among engines but its weak link is that if one little sensor or wiring thing isant right it wont run 100% to protect itself,( witch is a pain but a good thing i guess ) but other than that the only other thing i can think of is just not to go cheap on a clutch .... wich leads me to my next question ...... i know its an auto... but make sure u have it serviced even the auto's can develop crank walk because of the tanny ....
Old 08-25-2009, 09:39 AM   #78
franklin93zx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
franklin93zx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Those engine bay shots are money
franklin93zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:04 AM   #79
RastaS13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
RastaS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidnS13 View Post
So true man the sound of an inline 6 is amazing.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:13 AM   #80
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin93zx View Post
Those engine bay shots are money
thanks alot man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RastaS13 View Post
So true man the sound of an inline 6 is amazing.
Yes it does

We have had the car at A-spec tuning for the last month or so now. they did a cam swap (stock jdm cams to stock usdm cams) Wired up a AFC NEO, NGK Wideband,Greddy Profec B,Turbo timer,and ended up swapping out my hks ssqv for a Tial bov (HKS is for sale for $120 shipped )

the car went on the dyno with the the old HKS ssqv, but the intercooler piping kept blowing off, and the c-clip on the bov kept making the bov come off the car at about 4500rpm, so we couldn't get a full pass or even a complete tune put on the car.

here is the dyno vid -
YouTube - 2JZ 240sx dyno run. (only a small pull to 4500rpm)
any geuss's at what power it made? 10psi untuned running rich car only running to 4500rpm.

Last edited by Flicktitty; 01-07-2010 at 05:35 PM..
Flicktitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:34 PM   #81
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

How about a little more updated news?

we swapped out the HKS SSQV bov in favor for a Tial bov. and did some more engine bay cleaning/ detailing.

picked up some truck peices (trunk was stripped when we got it)

we put some miles on the car. (this is as low as the car can go do to some suspension peices rubbing, but that will be delt with over winter, needs more low lol.)

i took these pic's about over month ago, the last night the car was out for the year.

i got the women some Pink RJS racing harness' for the car for christmas and installed them a few days later (no pic yet)

picked up a new Tial 38mm wastegate

this is what i have been working on this week, there coming along pretty well, still need alot more time and energy

still have ALOT more to order.
We decided instead of getting a "cheap" single turbo kit, we are just going to peice together a kit.
consisting of these parts
Tial 38mm wastegate.
Treadstone cast manifold
Precision BILLET 6265 .68 a/r Anti-surge cover polished and coated
Boost Logic T4 turbo blanket
Dei black ehaust wrap.
then i still need alot of other crap.
stock twin removal starting soon. :bigthumb
Old 01-07-2010, 07:11 PM   #82
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Needs less auto trans, then = win.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #83
240sxvaj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
240sxvaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
damn! this is my dream build
240sxvaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #84
bl3ujay07
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
bl3ujay07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
damn that dyno pull sounds nuts! only to 4500 RPM untuned!!!
bl3ujay07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:47 PM   #85
franklin93zx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
Needs less auto trans, then = win.
less auto and more low hahah what exactly is rubbing?
Old 01-07-2010, 10:49 PM   #86
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
less auto and more low hahah what exactly is rubbing?
yeah it willl be lower in spring.

the front tension rod rubs the sway bar.

it only rubs cause the sway bar is a larger aftermarket one, and cause there is a spacer so the sway bar doesn't rub on the oil pan.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:52 PM   #87
franklin93zx
Zilvia FREAK!

Oh ok that must be a hell of a spacer cause usually there like a few inch clearance between the two, correct me if i'm wrong
Old 01-07-2010, 11:01 PM   #88
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Oh ok that must be a hell of a spacer cause usually there like a few inch clearance between the two, correct me if i'm wrong
yeah i would bet it's a solid 2"? spacer. i'm gonna maybe shave the spacer a little since there is a good amount of clearance, and once the stock sway bar goes on, down we go. way to much wheel gap up front.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:33 PM   #89
ChicagoS14
Zilvia Addict

ChicagoS14 is making a name for him/her selfChicagoS14 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ChicagoS14
Good going on the car. Hopefully by spring my S14 will be rocking the 1JZ with an R154. Slowly im piecing together the parts.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:36 PM   #90
ChicagoS14
Zilvia Addict

ChicagoS14 is making a name for him/her selfChicagoS14 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ChicagoS14
BTW, what intercooler kit is that?

I know its CX racing but for a MKIII supra?