Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #31
joecrack

Trader Rating: (0)
joecrack is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
thats the fugliest looking thing i have seen .
nice motor though
joecrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #32
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Definitely not diggin the body kit. You've done some good work though. Any particular reason you went with the CA vs other motors?
Old 10-06-2009, 03:57 AM   #33
shogun!
Zilvia Junkie

shogun! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Definitely not diggin the body kit. You've done some good work though. Any particular reason you went with the CA vs other motors?
Well,
the S13 had the ca in it from factory and I wanted to challenge it a bit.
It is a good motor that only needed new pistons, rods and bearings etc to withstand the power. The rest is things added to raise the output.

I have had the front thingy for about 10 years...
A tiny bird whispered something about "Works9"
shogun! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:47 AM   #34
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun! View Post
I have had the front thingy for about 10 years...
A tiny bird whispered something about "Works9"
So I take it you don't need me to circle things? Lol.

Very impressive work. I'm curious if you could actually make those headlight covers work in your favor in terms of fitment and alignment.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:03 AM   #35
shogun!
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soooshi View Post
So I take it you don't need me to circle things? Lol.

Very impressive work. I'm curious if you could actually make those headlight covers work in your favor in terms of fitment and alignment.
Lol.
It has been very helpful. Now I could sell that Plywood board at a very good price.

I have test mounted the headlight frames and covers together with the lights and it is working fine. Some minor cutting in the plastic but no major issues.
The lights have adjustable holders to align the light beams and the covers doesn't create any shadows.

Thanks by the way.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #36
SochBAT
Post Whore!

SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
To be quite honest, I think you should make a DIY diffuser with corrugated plastic.

Do it!
Old 10-06-2009, 12:01 PM   #37
shogun!
Zilvia Junkie

Breaking news..!!!

Old 10-06-2009, 12:15 PM   #38
T chop
Zilvia Junkie

T chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enough
Nice motor, but the kit, wing and tacky interior stuff make it look really ugly. Change all that and you will be fine.
T chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:15 PM   #39
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Awesome build, subscribed! I noticed some big A/Ts beneath the rebel flag, what kind of rig you got? And while we may not all agree on the style, I must say your car is very clean.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:56 PM   #40
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Well, the OP has stated he's getting shit in. i gave him shit before, i circled it and everything.

Really clean. NewZealanders (?) do it right.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:08 PM   #41
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soooshi View Post
Really clean. NewZealanders (?) do it right.
SVEEDEN! Vroom Vroom party starter.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:12 AM   #42
shogun!
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy View Post
Awesome build, subscribed! I noticed some big A/Ts beneath the rebel flag, what kind of rig you got? And while we may not all agree on the style, I must say your car is very clean.
¨

Yes, Sweden it is.

The A/T's belong to a neighbour. He has got an old V8 pickup hes restoring.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:34 AM   #43
mjr321
Zilvia Member

mjr321 is an unknown quantity at this point
throw up some pictures of your huge swedish house...that garage alone looks like a dream
mjr321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:46 AM   #44
shogun!
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr321 View Post
throw up some pictures of your huge swedish house...that garage alone looks like a dream
ehhhrmmmm...

A while ago...

Old 10-07-2009, 11:01 AM   #45
ATLspeed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
ATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
regardless of what ppl think of the kit and what not...its your car and you did A GREAT JOB on the build and everything else. *HIGH FIVE*
Old 10-07-2009, 11:37 AM   #46
Somnambulist
Zilvia Junkie

Somnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Somnambulist
While's it's not my style, it is very clean.
I do love the motor build though, keep it up. And keep posting lots of pics.

Goddamn that is a baller house. More pics!

Subscribed.
Somnambulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:24 AM   #47
shogun!
Zilvia Junkie

Old 10-09-2009, 04:11 PM   #48
let5l1de
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (30)
let5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to let5l1de Send a message via Yahoo to let5l1de
Ahh yes! I used to use Total Seal in the Porsche Racing & VW Sand Drag/Rail engines back in the 90's good stuff!

~m
let5l1de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:37 AM   #49
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Hot shit. I tip my hat.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:35 AM   #50
Devil Man
Zilvia Junkie

Devil Man is an unknown quantity at this point
moar pics!

and yes please loose the body kit and wing... great build though
Devil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:20 PM   #51
Blown240sx
Leaky Injector

Blown240sx is not welcome here anymoreBlown240sx is not welcome here anymoreBlown240sx is not welcome here anymoreBlown240sx is not welcome here anymoreBlown240sx is not welcome here anymoreBlown240sx is not welcome here anymoreBlown240sx is not welcome here anymoreBlown240sx is not welcome here anymoreBlown240sx is not welcome here anymoreBlown240sx is not welcome here anymoreBlown240sx is not welcome here anymore
700bhp is a lofty goal for such a small turbo and motor.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #52
CylonFrakker
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
CylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CylonFrakker
great build! I bet that thing will scream when you get it done!

UGR.....SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES....
CylonFrakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:14 PM   #53
carnagexxxx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (-1)
carnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Great looking car man! It wouldn't be Zilvia if a few jealous people (who most likely have cracked bumpers or engines with a crap tune) didn't express their unwanted opinions on a solid looking car. I'm actually surprised no one spouted obsceneties about the lady in the pictures...usually zilvians comment on that first.

Anyway, keep up the great work and I'll be interested in seeing any dyno numbers.
carnagexxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:05 AM   #54
shogun!
Zilvia Junkie

Upgrading the brakes.
Front 350z track edition discs and Z32 calipers.
Rear Z32 discs and calipers.
Bolt on.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:06 AM   #55
SochBAT
Post Whore!

This is one of those builds that remain memorable as hell.

Because there are pictures with circles
Quality work
Balling House
Hot Wife
Old 10-13-2009, 07:05 AM   #56
anton1o
Zilvia Junkie

anton1o is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to anton1o
Good work mate, keep it up.. Not a fan of the body kit but atleast it has the power
anton1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:14 AM   #57
shogun!
Zilvia Junkie

This is how I rebuilt a Z32 gearbox to fit my car (200sx S13 with ca18det).

The good thing about it is that you can reuse the nice clutch you already invested in for your S13. I have a twin disc OS Giken clutch, bought for my S13 gearbox. Both gearboxes have the same dimensions on the ingoing splined shaft, release bearing, sleave etc. This makes it an absolute fit. The gear ratio is slightly higher. My car had before a top speed of 282km/h at 7800rpm. With the ratio of the Z32 gearbox and new tyres it will make aprox. 305km/h. Hope you like it.

Clutch: Same as S13 (clutch, bearing, release sleave, starter motor, flywheel)
Weight: A bit heavier because of internal dimensions
Length: A bit shorter (reuse the yoke from the Z32 and the rear part from theS13 and make a new, longer prop shaft)
Gear ratio: A bit higher (~5%)
Shift stick: Reuse the one from Z32 or buy a new short shift
Welding in cast aluminium: You need a TIG or go to a welding shop (sand blast the weld area to make it clean and easier to weld)

Z32 original gearbox from a Twin Turbo 1994

Disassemble the clutch housing (Z32)

Parts to remove to disassemble the clutch housing. Not shown are the screws on the outside (remove), attaching the cluth housing to the gearbox.

Remove all screws around the cover and carefully lift it off

Remove both snap rings and the stopper ring

Be careful not to lose any important washers or shims

Important! First remove the screw, spring and ball before removing the complete interlock assembly, the ball might fall into the gearbox.

Before you disassemble the clutch housing of the S13 gearbox, you have to make a centering device. Use a plexi glass plate (10mm) and drill a 16mm hole in the centre, put the plate over the shaft (snug fit) and carefully drill 4 small holes exactly in the centre of the holes where the gearbox is attached to the motor. Remove the plate and carefully drill the holes just as big to get the screws in

Result

Remove the clutch housing from the ca18det S13 gearbox. It is more or less just to remove the screws on the outside of the clutch housing, remove the cover and one snap ring.

Remove the snap ring under the cover

Comparision between the both gearboxes. One is useless over 350-400Bhp, the other last well over 1000Bhp and more.

Use an angle cutting machine and cut off the flange from the S13 gearbox ca. 50mm, take it to a machine shop and have it grinded down to 45mm. Important to get it absolutely flat and equal all around.

Use an angle cutting machine and cut off the flange from the Z32 gearbox ca. 40mm, throw away the flange and take the rest of the clutch housing to a machine shop and have it grinded down to 355mm. Important to get it absolutely flat and equal all around.

Both parts after grinding, cleaning and reattaching the clutch housing on the Z32 gearbox

Put the S13 flange snug to the Z32 clutch housing and attach the centering plate with four screws

Side view

Top view. Important to align and rotate them like on the picture

If you do not own a TIG-welding machine, you go to the machine shop again and have it carefully welded together, both from the outside and the inside

Reuse the shift stick bracket from the Z32 gearbox. You have to cut out some small triangles from it, bend it to a Z-shape to fit the S13 under body and then weld the cut outs together. (borrowed picture)

The new short shift

A small change of shift stick position compared to the original (borrowed picture)

A plate to cover the hole at the shift stick (borrowed picture)

A bracket to hold the gearbox in place (borrowed picture)

Aligning the gearbox with the rear axle. Put a steel tube in the gearbox, aim it towards the centre of the rear axle flange and find the final position of the gearbox bracket. (borrowed picture)

Side view (borrowed picture)

Front view (borrowed picture)

The prop shaft. Mount the Z32 yoke in the gearbox and the original flange on the rear axle. Measure the centre distance between the loops in the yoke and in the rear flange. Use this measure and go to your local prop shaft supplier and have him to make your new prop shaft. The shaft rotate at about 10.000rpm at max speed so it has to be dimensioned for the forces and also balanced.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:00 AM   #58
shogun!
Zilvia Junkie

Some stuff from Hidden in the Attic

Old 10-14-2009, 11:17 AM   #59
project-D180
Zilvia Addict