Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #31
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (35)
JDM_Tuner is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL240SXDRIFT View Post
Dewey and Omar are the SHIZZLE. Your car is def in good hands. They do some of the best work in the midwest. Did you see the S15 getting tubs?
Yeah omars work is definitely the best in the midwest, and pricing is great too. And yeah I saw the s15 in the shop, should be amazing when its done.
JDM_Tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #32
dr1ft32
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
dr1ft32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Just cause he is more fortunate than others here doesn't mean to bash on him. I'm sure most of us on zilvia here had our parents buy us something when we were at the age of 14. Nice car none the less. Good luck
Old 01-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #33
SLiDe_WaYz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
SLiDe_WaYz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I wasn't bashing at all. It's just a little far fetched to have a car at that level just by flipping and parting cars.

It's cool man, keep up the good work! Atleast your doing the heart transplant yourself! Most guys your age only have wet dreams about a car like yours.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #34
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiDe_WaYz View Post
I wasn't bashing at all. It's just a little far fetched to have a car at that level just by flipping and parting cars.

It's cool man, keep up the good work! Atleast your doing the heart transplant yourself! Most guys your age only have wet dreams about a car like yours.
It's cool no worries but do understand not everything was bought at the same time, body work was done because I needed the car to get plates and insurance, then few months later interior was done. Then it took me a year to convince my mom that an sr would be a good buy. And then the car stayed like that for about a year and I got to be a better driver while saving my money an then I began to buy parts from then til now. So don't think this was just a quick build, how I'm writing it makes it seem like it happens right after each other but that's not what happened, also know i don't for ask or buy "cool new shit" like $$ electronics or video games 100% of my money goes to cars which I guess can account for how I can afford some stuff with the money I earn. Thanks for everyone's comments and complements but try to keep your posts car related, no questions about my personal life. Thanks
Old 01-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #35
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Here's a couple pics of how the car was right before the tear down, it looked good imo

Old 01-11-2012, 01:04 AM   #36
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
WTF, for my SEVENTEETH birthday I got a damn N/A Eclipse.

Lucky as hell man.

I need to get into this part swapping deal seeing as I'm out here in the motherland. Anyways, good luck with the build, looks like you've made a good amount of progress.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:37 AM   #37
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
^ for my 16th birthday, I put a down payment on my first car hah
Old 01-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #38
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

well at least you guys got cars and knew how to drive, theres abunch of people i know that have to wait.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #39
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I like where this build is going...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #40
Junior x
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Junior x is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
props on the build bro! to many people are on zilvia are just jeaous and havin wet dreams about your hard work and dedication to the car. it does take time and patience is the key!

def subcribe to this build keep it up!
Junior x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #41
PureRush
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
PureRush is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
This build is just like me but I started with my 240 at 18 and bought it myself. I think its funny how you're honest in your build thread and some people on zilvia have the nerve to bash on you. Stfu we all had our parents buy us something when we were younger. Keep it up I like where this thread is going
PureRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #42
d-man478
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
d-man478 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I give you props kid. Keep it up. You could have a very bright future being so young and knowing how to drive well.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:53 AM   #43
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_Tuner View Post
well at least you guys got cars and knew how to drive, theres abunch of people i know that have to wait.
"Knowing" how to drive was a relative being it my first car and all. Man I did some dumb shit with it back then. Jumping up, "rallying", you name it haha.

Why're people having to wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureRush View Post
some people on zilvia have the nerve to bash on you. Stfu we all had our parents buy us something when we were younger. Keep it up I like where this thread is going
Yea? Food, lego's, clothing, not a damn 350Z or anything close to that price range. Failing to see anyone bashing either, pretty much everyone likes where this build is going, damn near no one his age is doing something so level headed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior x View Post
props on the build bro! to many people are on zilvia are just jeaous and havin wet dreams about your hard work and dedication to the car. !

Once again, failing to see the jealousy either.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:11 AM   #44
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you have anymore pics of the engine bay? With the painted valve cover and the inter cooler piping? I always wondered what it would look like.
Thanks!
Quote:
Here's a couple pics of how the car was right before the tear down, it looked good imo
fatduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #45
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatduece View Post
Do you have anymore pics of the engine bay? With the painted valve cover and the inter cooler piping? I always wondered what it would look like.
Thanks!
I do not have any other pics, sorry man, but I'll take some when it's all back together.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:09 PM   #46
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Teasers...

Full update tomorrow
Old 01-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #47
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL240SXDRIFT View Post
Dewey and Omar are the SHIZZLE. Your car is def in good hands. They do some of the best work in the midwest.
+1000

I must have just missed your car at the shop. Also, of all the KY events I don't think i have ever seen you drive the s14, only the Z. Looks really good here though!

Oh, I am the guy at the KY events with the vert that has green doors and a cage.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #48
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

thanks man, and yeah i know who you are, ive been watching your swap over build on driftstl
Old 02-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #49
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

WOW, an update is way overdue.

SO...I got the 14 back from Nocturnal Motorworks in STL and the cage turned out good, its very tight to the body and in some places directly welded to the body. I havent taken any pics but i will do that soon but for now heres a few that Omar took while he was building the tubs and cage...OH i forgot to say that the tubs are amazing, some of the best tubs ive seen.

So that was about three weeks ago, in those past 3 weeks i sold my spare RB25 swap and had a good amount of money saved up so i put it all into my paypal account and went shopping...

Please note that i ran out of room on that table, on the floor I have a pbm flex cobra downpipe the intercooler piping and i just ordered a kognition sunroof delete panel from a member on here

Also i ordered (but is out of stock) pbm FLCA/Tension combo and pbm eccentric steering bushings, those should come in by the end of march, hopefully.

So lets get down to the nitty-gritty, I still have to remove the front susp., sand the engine bay, remove the sound deadening, scotch brite the interior metal and cage, then ill move the car over to the paint booth and paint it all up. Im planning on doing a white engine bay and white cage with the rest of the car black. Most of you guys will say that mismatch colors look tacky but i love how they look and if i get tired of the color scheme i can always repaint it. Then its all a matter of stripping the rear susp and installing the new arms and bushings then put it all back together which is the fun part lol.

So im sorry for the lack of actual build pictures but ive just been focused on getting all my parts ready, i should be removing the front susp and stripping the sound deadening this weekend and HOPEFULLY get some primer on the engine bay and interior before its starts rusting because my shop is pretty humid sometimes.

Also heres (for those who care and for my record purposes) a parts list of everything i recently purchased/traded for:

PBM Pro Knuckles.
PBM Camber/Toe/Traction Arms
PBM Flex Cobra.
PBM Ecc. Bushings.
PBM Water Temp Adapter
PBM High Mount Intercooler
PBM FLCA/Tension Rods Combo
Tomei Rocker Arm Stoppers
Tomei Oil Pan
Takata Harness (5pt, Long Version)
Johnnie Fraz Tension Rod Brace
New Throwout and Pilot Bearing
Greddy Link Boost/Oil Press/Water Temp Gauges
Greddy Oil Temp Sensor Adapter
Circuit Sports Shifter Bushing
Circuit Sports Clear Corner Lights
Stance Subframe Risers
New Nissan injector O-Rings
Avid Motor and Tranny Mounts
ChaseBays Brake Line Reloc.
ChaseBays Overflow Tank
ChaseBays Clutch Line
ChaseBays PS Kit w/ Oil Cooler
Tein Inner Tie Rods
SPL Outer Tie Rods.
Greddy 10AN Oil Block Adapter
CXRacing 10AN Oil Cooler/Lines
88Rotors Rear Rotors and Pads
Vertex 10th Anniversary Steering Wheel
Kognition Sunroof Delete
NRG 2.0 Quick Release
NRG Short Hub

Anyway comments are welcome but haters need not apply
Old 02-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #50
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Damn that's quite the list of parts...

I'm following this for sure...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #51
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

So today i had off from school so i went to work, and actually remebered to take my dslr camera to get better pics then my crappy phone. Anyways today i got the Front Susp. off and the rest of the firewall stuff so that tomorrow i can scuff, sand, primer. Also today i worked on the interior, i stripped all the little interior stuff like speakers, misc wiring, and plastics; so that tomorrow i can pick up some dry ice and take off the sound deadening to get it ready for paint like the engine bay. I decided to paint the full cabin and cage white along with the engine bay, and with the 2yr old black paint on the exterior the car should look amazing when done, but i have ALOT of work to do until that point but im glad im doing it myself and not paying some dude to do it.
Heres some pics i took today, some are to make up for yesterdays bad pics, please post any comments or questions.

And heres a pic of the paint booth, i should have taken a pic of what it looked like before i spent last weekend cleaning it out, lol

STAY TUNED!
Old 02-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #52
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Damn even rich kids buy knock offs these days.

Sad.

Have fun with your parents money, nice car.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #53
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
Damn even rich kids buy knock offs these days.

Sad.

Have fun with your parents money, nice car.
What have i bought thats a knockoff, the only thing that i can think of is my body kit but back when i bought that i didnt have the money to buy a brand name kit. And FYI the build is 100% funded by ME, im not spending any of my parents money...
Old 02-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #54
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Quote:
so my mom said "what the hell, ok"

anyways that was when my mom cut me off, she said she had enough of me using her money to fund my hobbies.

now let me back track a little bit, for my 16th birthday my mom got me a 07 350z,

after mods (also i had the xxrs on the z for awhile since i went through the z's tires pretty fast

I dont think I need to say much more.

I didnt say she funded shit, I said have fun with your parents money. if you get it by asking for it or not is irrelevant.

And in case you still didnt get it, your wheels are knock offs.

BTW Im a "hater" continue..................
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 02-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #55
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
I dont think I need to say much more.

I didnt say she funded shit, I said have fun with your parents money. if you get it by asking for it or not is irrelevant.

And in case you still didnt get it, your wheels are knock offs.

continue..................
oh well my mom bought the z as a surprise present, but i bought all the parts, hence why i got xxrs, i cant spend thousands of $ on a nice set of works or what id really like, some regamasters but i do what i can and the only reason im gonna start buying legit parts is because in the past when i bought crap like megan/etc it didnt last, didnt perform well, and now i learned to wait and save my money hence my cage and long parts list.
But seriously no more comments like this i just want to talk cars not about my life lol
Old 02-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #56
Wake
Premium Member

Quote:
the only reason im gonna start buying legit parts is because in the past when i bought crap like megan/etc it didnt last, didnt perform well, and now i learned to wait and save my money hence my cage and long parts list.
But seriously no more comments like this i just want to talk cars not about my life lol
well there ya go, sorry you had to learn the hard way. Glad to see yoru headd in the right direction.

and you shouldnt talk about your life if you dont want people to mention it.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 02-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #57
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
well there ya go, sorry you had to learn the hard way. Glad to see yoru headd in the right direction.

and you shouldnt talk about your life if you dont want people to mention it.
Ya know - I was going to cause all sorts of crap and hate on this kid - but its just not worth it. I hate Gen-Facebook. First clothes and language, then cars, movies, games and music - now Burning Man. It has me seriously depressed anymore.

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:14 PM   #58
Functiontheory

Trader Rating: (1)
Functiontheory is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Some sick stuff here for sure. Don't losers piss you off by talking shit. Just enjoy your car. And keep sharing the build with the rest of us who like looking a cool stuff. And btw I have the wheels on my drift car. They work fine and when I'm drifting no one cares that they are knock of crappy wheels. I'm not trying to spend thousands of dollars are expensive wheels and then wreck em drifting....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 02-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #59
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
nice build but not really feeling the red in the engine bay esp on the intercooler piping. The takatas look blue in the pic you took with your cell lol.
leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:00 AM   #60
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Functiontheory View Post
Some sick stuff here for sure. Don't losers piss you off by talking shit. Just enjoy your car. And keep sharing the build with the rest of us who like looking a cool stuff. And btw I have the wheels on my drift car. They work fine and when I'm drifting no one cares that they are knock of crappy wheels. I'm not trying to spend thousands of dollars are expensive wheels and then wreck em drifting....
thanks man will do
And exactly, xxrs work fine but still id love to have a nice set of $$$ wheels for when i drive the car around or go to meets im just not that baller yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by leung View Post
nice build but not really feeling the red in the engine bay esp on the intercooler piping. The takatas look blue in the pic you took with your cell lol.
yeah i know, i thought it was ricey too, i was planning on painting the valve cover white to offset some of the red but i ended up going to a pbm high mount set up instead and the piping will stay polished, i wont be painting it red lol
and yeah my iphone takes terrible pics and the lighting in my room isnt the greatest but they actually look green when i took the pic with the dslr cam.