Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2007, 09:05 AM   #11
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
For the Past week I have been working on my subframe and Crossmember. A complete PITA with little or no return other than aesthetic. However, After Using a Combination of PAint Stripper (The same stuff I used to strip my car) to remove paint, Pain thiner to clean and Naval Jelly to remove rust with a Die Grinder and wire wheel attachment I was able to finally get them read to go. This is what the subframe looked like as I started.

I decided to play around with some silver paint that I picked up at the hardware store and paint the crossmember with it as kind of a base coat before I put the permanent color on there. I also painted the subframe with it but had to remove it to fix little imperfections in my prep work that were irritating me.

Once this was complete a friend of mine laid a nice coat of metallic purple that he mixed up followed by another coat and a few coats of clear. I thought the results were nice.

I also got the suspension arms from NAMS (Nagisa Auto Motorsports) this week, which include Fender Braces, Front Lower Control Arms, Rear Lower Control Arms, Tension Rods, Traction Rods, Toe Rods, Rear Upper Control Arms. They are kinda blingy but they are also pretty high quality and should be just fine under the stresses of whatever kind of driving I am doing.