Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 03-19-2020, 08:29 PM   #1
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
California going on lockdown now...sheesh.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:56 PM   #2
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
California going on lockdown now...sheesh.
Talk about bullshit over reaction designed to take away our constitutional rights and crash the economy for political gain.

My country of 500k people has... Two, yes, two Corona positive people with minimal symptoms who are self quarantined.

They have now issued a travel ban, you can only be out to get food, go to whatever work is still open or seek medical attention.

Meanwhile, we had two shooting murders this week. One Sunday morning the other Monday night. Both urban youth gang violence.

So Fucking stupid.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:25 AM   #3
midnight zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
midnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Talk about bullshit over reaction designed to take away our constitutional rights and crash the economy for political gain.

My country of 500k people has... Two, yes, two Corona positive people with minimal symptoms who are self quarantined.

They have now issued a travel ban, you can only be out to get food, go to whatever work is still open or seek medical attention.

Meanwhile, we had two shooting murders this week. One Sunday morning the other Monday night. Both urban youth gang violence.

So Fucking stupid.
This is all about flattening the curve and preventing overrun of the hospitals. How many negative pressure rooms and ventilators are in your counties hospitals? If 1% of your counties population required critical care could the hospitals handle that? What happens to the other people having strokes, heart attacks, etc.
midnight zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 01:38 PM   #4
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight zenki View Post
This is all about flattening the curve and preventing overrun of the hospitals. How many negative pressure rooms and ventilators are in your counties hospitals? If 1% of your counties population required critical care could the hospitals handle that? What happens to the other people having strokes, heart attacks, etc.
Who gives a crap.

So to "save" a thousand lives we are going to destroy everyone financially? Millions of people out of work, people will be losing their homes, business crippled, retirements lost... Etc! For what!?? To keep gramps alive another 6 months so he can die of influenza, H1N1 or a staff infection instead?

This will destroy the middle class.

The banks and huge businesses (Walmart, Apple, Amazon) will profit while small brink and mortar shops can't make rent.

Big chain fast food will survive with drive thru's, delivery and carry outs... But the local restaurants, dinners and bars will suffer.

Wealthy bankers can telecommute while auto workers, skilled trades and waiters go on unemployment.

Then we'll get a $1k stimulus check and a $100B bank bailout. $1k is two weeks pay so those McDonald's wankers can buy their legal pot and a PS5. I could wipe my ass with it.

It won't cover the fact mortgage rates shot up 2pts despite the fed being at 0%, it won't cover the $90k nose dive my 401k took, the 5% raise I just lost or whatever the fuck happens to my home's value.

But hey! We kept the hospitals opened and prolonged a few people's lives by another year or two.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:38 PM   #5
midnight zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
midnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Who gives a crap.

So to "save" a thousand lives we are going to destroy everyone financially? Millions of people out of work, people will be losing their homes, business crippled, retirements lost... Etc! For what!?? To keep gramps alive another 6 months so he can die of influenza, H1N1 or a staff infection instead?

This will destroy the middle class.

The banks and huge businesses (Walmart, Apple, Amazon) will profit while small brink and mortar shops can't make rent.

Big chain fast food will survive with drive thru's, delivery and carry outs... But the local restaurants, dinners and bars will suffer.

Wealthy bankers can telecommute while auto workers, skilled trades and waiters go on unemployment.

Then we'll get a $1k stimulus check and a $100B bank bailout. $1k is two weeks pay so those McDonald's wankers can buy their legal pot and a PS5. I could wipe my ass with it.

It won't cover the fact mortgage rates shot up 2pts despite the fed being at 0%, it won't cover the $90k nose dive my 401k took, the 5% raise I just lost or whatever the fuck happens to my home's value.

But hey! We kept the hospitals opened and prolonged a few people's lives by another year or two.
You have a great point about the middle class. People should probably stop voting for the party that continues to hollow out all support for them while they swallow the bullshit lies about draining the swamp and throwing up distractions such as immigration.

I also agree with you that corporate welfare is not the answer and will squander our tax dollars. No company deserves a bailout, they should be forced to borrow with all the low interest loans that are being touted for everyone else.

This virus isn’t just killing or hospitalizing “grandpa”, it has and will continue to affect and kill younger demographics. This article sites the CDC directly https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...outputType=amp

I understand your frustration and anger but it’s not as simple as your previous post alludes to.
midnight zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:10 PM   #6
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
You have a great point about the middle class. People should probably stop voting for the party that continues to hollow out all support for them while they swallow the bullshit lies about draining the swamp and throwing up distractions such as immigration.
The Democrats? I've watched every debate, the closest one to giving a shit was Tulsi and she was buried. The rest have been blatantly anti-middle class.

Quote:
This virus isn?t just killing or hospitalizing ?grandpa?, it has and will continue to affect and kill younger demographics. This article sites the CDC directly https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...outputType=amp

I understand your frustration and anger but it?s not as simple as your previous post alludes to.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/17/healt...ths/index.html

Again, strip out population curve and this is a typical flu that attacks the elderly. What's untypical is its nonexistent in the under 20 group.

Typical flus smash the under 10 and over 70. This seems to simply hit the over 65.