Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 09:23 PM   #1
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
The not every rave is illegal thread.

Not ALL raves are illegal.

With that said, have at it guys.

I'm going out to ruby sky tonight.

Yee.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:04 AM   #2
tamdo7114
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
tamdo7114 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
unce unce unce unce unce.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:52 AM   #3
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
buuuuddaaaaaaaaaa
Old 09-05-2008, 11:27 AM   #4
ZenkiGTS
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
ZenkiGTS is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
haha man i havent gone to a rave since popsicle or lovefest a few years ago... mostly listen to the locals... Frequency 8 keep that ish alive baby... dyloot mars n mystre
Old 09-05-2008, 11:33 AM   #5
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiGTS View Post
haha man i havent gone to a rave since popsicle or lovefest a few years ago... mostly listen to the locals... Frequency 8 keep that ish alive baby... dyloot mars n mystre
hahahhaha I used to employ those guys at Diverse City back in the late 90's. Back when they still had the store on Haight street.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 09-05-2008, 12:02 PM   #6
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
I never said Raves were the illegal activity being discussed.

However, typically when talk of Raves starts, other not-so-legal activities are soon tossed into the mix. I merely put a general warning out there to attempt to save anyone the heartache of having their posts deleted.

Have fun.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:06 PM   #7
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
SoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SoguRacing
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
haha yea, it's not the raves that are illegal. it's the activity that goes on there...
Old 09-05-2008, 12:09 PM   #8
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

downshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to downshift_sideways

I don't see anything illegal barry. Just people dancing having fun...

allntrlundrgrnd: "you never really appreciate your parents fridge until you look into your own and its full of condiments only"

Old 09-05-2008, 12:15 PM   #9
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
is it just me, or do most those females look < 16? haha thats not the illegal activity that came to mind *jailbait*
Old 09-05-2008, 12:17 PM   #10
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

downshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfection
^Most Raves are 18+

*cough cough* *They Legal* *cough cough*

allntrlundrgrnd: "you never really appreciate your parents fridge until you look into your own and its full of condiments only"

Old 09-05-2008, 12:21 PM   #11
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
SoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SoguRacing
Quote:
Originally Posted by downshift_sideways View Post
^Most Raves are 18+

*cough cough* *They Legal* *cough cough*
lol most raves! but that one wasn't
Old 09-05-2008, 12:25 PM   #12
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

lmao.

All those were 18 and over.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:57 PM   #13
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Lovefest... oct1.

Holla!
Old 09-05-2008, 01:06 PM   #14
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

Love fest Afterparty. October 4th 2008.

FREE day time event begins at 12pm noon-6pm.

Then the BIG rave starts at 7pm-6am.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:39 PM   #15
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
its so cliched these days. LOL It was dope back in the day. In the early 90's as it moved into the mid to late 90's it was still fun but the feel was wearing off.

By this century it was all but dead. I know they still draw crowds but not like they used to. Lovefest draws a crowd because of its whole International from Europe deal.

Otherwise though? I would go for business i.e. to perform or to promote(if I was still doing events). Maybe I will hit up one of the ocassional reunion Sunsets. Galen always threw a dope daytime free event. Right on the bay. Ah memories that time was special.

Sorry guys, its just not that way anymore, though if your having fun, enjoy yourselves. You don't know what you missed so its better off that way for you. I know what San Francisco and the bay used to be like so its harder for me.

P.S. I never did drugs during that time either. You don't need drugs to feel the music and to quote an old phrase we had back in the day.

"Its about the Music, if you think its about drugs then you don't belong"

It was the Music that brought us together, leaving prejudices and bullshit at the door, it did not matter who or what you were.
Music brought us together and we accepted each other as human beings. It was cool. Today's Raves don't really carry that message anymore.

Peace out man.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 09-05-2008, 01:44 PM   #16
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

Hahahahaha.^^

Super Throw back post

Thanks for killing my fun

I "promote" around the bay area. But the main reason I go..is to spread MY alias and bring some back to the house and have an afterparty there.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong..but It's been working.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:47 PM   #17
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Im with drift on this. Not to sound jaded thats the reason why i dont go to most of the underground raves or massives cause most of the people there are there for the drugs and to look like sluts and not for the music. It makes me want to go to europe so bad to show me the true meaning to it all. Till then ill listen and look at all the events happening at godskitchen, space, and amnesia. sighhhh one day i will be there.....
Old 09-05-2008, 01:54 PM   #18
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

True meaning...in Europe.

You serious? Do you know how much MORE drugs are pushed all throughout Europe @ raves?

California(US) is crap compared to that. lmao.

I have friends over there now...I'm going in January.

And since when has this "I go for the music" revolution begun?

Today's Rave's evolved from back in the day. They were doing drugs back then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rave

Old 09-05-2008, 01:56 PM   #19
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Quote:
True meaning...in Europe.

You serious? Do you know how much MORE drugs are pushed all throughout Europe @ raves?

California is crap compared to that. lmao.

I have friends over there now...I'm going in January.
im sure the drug level is higher but the music and appreciation for it are better compared to the states.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:59 PM   #20
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

Obviously.

Because it Originated from Europe.

As any other hobby/sport or what not in the world.

Like American football. Is more appreciated here.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:02 PM   #21
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Thats all i was getting to. I just feel what we have is NOTHING compared to the electronic scene out there. Cream events, Ibiza, sensation white and sensation black party *drool* tell me this shit doesent look fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcx_58Za8CI
Old 09-05-2008, 02:07 PM   #22
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

I'm stoked about going out there.

going to be awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

However.

They kick american's ass's out there depending on where your @.

but I'm rollin deep. yeee.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:48 PM   #23
Teknolust72
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
Teknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiGTS View Post
WooHOO!!!! F-8 and SKILLS!!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 03:01 PM   #24
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

I'm going to have to admit. DYLOOT. Is my favorite DJ. [str8 outta Berkeley]

He entertains the crowd so well. Tiesto is raw as fuck too..

Old 09-05-2008, 03:28 PM   #25
mystery_elmo

mystery_elmo has a reputation beyond reputemystery_elmo has a reputation beyond reputemystery_elmo has a reputation beyond reputemystery_elmo has a reputation beyond reputemystery_elmo has a reputation beyond reputemystery_elmo has a reputation beyond reputemystery_elmo has a reputation beyond reputemystery_elmo has a reputation beyond reputemystery_elmo has a reputation beyond reputemystery_elmo has a reputation beyond reputemystery_elmo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to mystery_elmo
Quote:
Obviously.

Because it Originated from Europe.

As any other hobby/sport or what not in the world.

Like American football. Is more appreciated here.
Actually... The European football league is just as big there as football is as big here.

But yea, as goes for raves in Europe, 10X's better then here...

Soo I've heard....
Old 09-05-2008, 03:40 PM   #26
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
I'm going to have to admit. DYLOOT. Is my favorite DJ. [str8 outta Berkeley]

He entertains the crowd so well. Tiesto is raw as fuck too..

Hehehehehehe I remember when Dyloot was a eager kid just throwing his first event aka Skills. They ran in the same space we used hahahhahhahhahha.
Not trying to bring you down Anthony just calling it how it was. Yes there were drugs and yes there were some people there for the drugs. That happens at Rock Concerts and everything else, i.e. Beer at Football and Baseball games its the same shit in a different form.
The difference was back in the day a lot of people came specifically for the Music. You have to realize something here. Today anyone can go to any club in almost any major American city and even smaller towns and here House DJ's Techno DJ's, Jungle DJ's.
In 1989-90 it was not that way. About the only place you could here House music and not even acid house was Gay Clubs! That was a fact. It took Promoters in Chicago, Detriot, New York, San Francisco, to break that musical barrier. All the regular clubs were playing was either Industrial/Gothic/Modern Rock/punk or Hip Hop. That was it! All of sudden House and Acid House hit and boom there was a new sound . Clubs with the exception of Gay Clubs would not play it. Rave Promoters took it on head on. We went, we bumped into people, they said excuse me. Our jaws dropped! "Wow" you could actually be nice to someone on the dance floor! Something is going on here. It was the Music that was pulling the people in. Sure they started taking drugs and their inhibitions dropped some but fact is they were there for the music first and foremost. Not the drugs!

Oh I should add something as well if you think it started in Europe your mistaken about that . Fact is all night Rave style parties were already going in San Francisco and Chicago in the mid 80's. "Do Not Sit on The Funiture" "Level UP" etc... and DJ's like Doc Martin and Ernie were actually getting their start as DJ's at them. Hell Doc Martin used to play at the Firehouse on 16th street in San Francisco in the mid to late 80's. LOL

Oh and the Music itself did not start in Europe, some of the later Derivatives started their.
House started in 80's in Chicago, it was broken up high energy Italian Dance music and the DJ's brought in their TR808's and TR909's and 606 drum machines and started programming their own beats and getting analog synths and plunking around on them.
The label came about because they were doing this in warehouses again because Chicago was a Industrial/Goth town and the clubs would not hire them.

Techno, true original techno and not breakbeat techno came straight out of Detriot!

The sound got taken back to England in the late 80's and the English boys grooved to it and broke out the TB303 to write their own bass lines and Acid House was born, they also got funky on the beats by old r&b break beats and using them aka the ever illustrious Amen Break (forever used in break beat house, breakbeat techno and Jungle. It migrated to the Northern European countries like Germany and Hardcore was born. Terror core, happy core all offshoots.

San Francisco sold the Deep House sound to the World and became famous for it. Lots of expatriate British DJ's migrated their to make names for themselves. aka the British DJ mafia as we would call them. Jeno,Josh,Tony,Markie Mark( not Walhberg hahhaha) can't think of the rest right now. LOL
I remember the Parties though, Sharon,Felix the Cat,Where the Wild things Are., The Gathering, There was another super big one but I can't recall its name right now. I worked for some of them.

I started my stuff in early 92 with Happy Happy Joy Joy that was my event. I put DJ Dan and Ghost together on 4 turntables. No one had ever done that before and it was a never to be repeated event. I started Diverse City in 93 ran it till mid 98. Moved to LA in 99.

The City had changed by then White Washed by the dot com boom and a bunch of poser tech heads. Who were square, just out of school and being paid to much money by Internet startups in Silicon Valley.
Who were willing to pay way to much money to live in San Francisco because it was hip.
Problem was they weren't hip LOL and they wrecked city.
Pushed all the cool people out, most of us left a few stayed behind like a skeleton crew. That's what you guys have today the remnants of a once great time. Sorry Anthony that's just the facts. Live with it, it's the truth.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 09-05-2008, 04:02 PM   #27
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

I respect what you have said.

Your heart's been beating way longer before I was born.

I learned something today. w00t.

Thatswhatsup tripple OG

Old 09-05-2008, 10:02 PM   #28
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Unce unce unce. PATT.

Illegal? No waaaay.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:08 PM   #29
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
O man. This thread reminds me of being etarded the next day. That really sucks.

Im glad I dont do drugs anymore.
lol
Old 09-06-2008, 12:19 PM   #30
ZenkiGTS
BANNED

ZenkiGTS is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post

However, typically when talk of Raves starts, other not-so-legal activities are soon tossed into the mix. I merely put a general warning out there to attempt to save anyone the heartache of having their posts deleted.

Have fun.

i didnt know rey mysterio got down like that....

but anyways dyloot sick ass fuck... still sick ass fuck.... he's a part of deep voices... whooooo raves in the late 90's were sick ass hell... i agree with drift freaq its just not the same anymore thats why i dont go... yea they're 18+ raves but they dont usually id... haha DJ DAN ughhhhhhhhhh he was sick too... i started ravin in 99-2000 just bout time when it started dying down and shit started changing

Last edited by ZenkiGTS; 09-06-2008 at 12:41 PM..
Closed Thread