Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-02-2008, 12:44 AM   #1
NiSmo240luvR
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
NiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiatsu View Post
Mr_240sx:It is the Infiniti Beryllium Pearl Metallic paint.
it doesnt look like beryllium to me. i mean its only one picture, but beryllium in person looks lighter than that. not such a deep brown. in that picture it looks more like honda rootbeer or lexus tiger eye.
NiSmo240luvR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2008, 05:30 PM   #2
florante rea
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (43)
florante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to florante rea Send a message via Yahoo to florante rea
that was house of kolor, i think rootbeer something. anyone remember some street racing scene from Smallville. i'm sure that was the exact color or even the same car.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:31 AM   #3
trust hks
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
trust hks has a brilliant futuretrust hks has a brilliant futuretrust hks has a brilliant futuretrust hks has a brilliant futuretrust hks has a brilliant futuretrust hks has a brilliant futuretrust hks has a brilliant futuretrust hks has a brilliant futuretrust hks has a brilliant futuretrust hks has a brilliant futuretrust hks has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nope.
Its not the Infiniti color
Old 06-03-2008, 10:29 AM   #4
Mikey213
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (-1)
Mikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really nice
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Don't know the color but its sexy! Can anyone post a few pix of MAACO jobs?
Mikey213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:25 AM   #5
Doriftogasm
Leaky Injector

Doriftogasm has a brilliant futureDoriftogasm has a brilliant futureDoriftogasm has a brilliant futureDoriftogasm has a brilliant futureDoriftogasm has a brilliant futureDoriftogasm has a brilliant futureDoriftogasm has a brilliant futureDoriftogasm has a brilliant futureDoriftogasm has a brilliant futureDoriftogasm has a brilliant futureDoriftogasm has a brilliant future
hey guys...the color is Honda Root Beer Metallic, but we added some extra flake. The color changes throughout different lighting. IT DOEST EVEN COME CLOSE to Logas infinity color (which by the way is ultra radicalnousssss!) The car looks brown and even very purple.

Doriftogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:00 PM   #6
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
DORIFTOGASM

do you have the paint code? as i went to local paint store and looked at honda's paint codes and there was no paint called rootbeer

only other rootbeer color i found is House of Kolor which is too much money for track only car.
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:35 PM   #7
Doriftogasm
Leaky Injector

Doriftogasm has a brilliant futureDoriftogasm has a brilliant futureDoriftogasm has a brilliant futureDoriftogasm has a brilliant futureDoriftogasm has a brilliant futureDoriftogasm has a brilliant futureDoriftogasm has a brilliant futureDoriftogasm has a brilliant futureDoriftogasm has a brilliant futureDoriftogasm has a brilliant futureDoriftogasm has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_240sx View Post

only other rootbeer color i found is House of Kolor which is too much money for track only car.
dont know what to tellya homie....... my cousin works at body shop, so i got hooked up on a price, but that shit was still expesive.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:50 PM   #8
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doriftogasm View Post
hey guys...the color is Honda Root Beer Metallic, but we added some extra flake. The color changes throughout different lighting. IT DOEST EVEN COME CLOSE to Logas infinity color (which by the way is ultra radicalnousssss!) The car looks brown and even very purple.
Word

Actually when I was painting my car I wanted it more "brownish" (like your color turned out) cause it sucks when people see your car in pics and think its just another gray hatch lol

We're matching somewhat though, I have silver engine bay as well lol

Looks good man!

Quote:
DORIFTOGASM

do you have the paint code? as i went to local paint store and looked at honda's paint codes and there was no paint called rootbeer

Get your own paint code buddy!

Be original!

Paint code is YR569M though, Honda Root Beer Metallic (google dot com + 2 minutes...)

But if you use that code, you'll be a busta for copying Doriftogasm

*edit: crap, I never saw the post above, aa87 beat me to it*

Staying on topic though

I also like this brown

I think its Mocha Brown Metallic?

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:44 PM   #9
aa87
Zilvia FREAK!

aa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to aa87
It looks like the one that comes on the element.

YR569M

07-08 Element SC.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:58 PM   #10
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
tks logan i got that code but it wasnt in our canadian books soi thought maybe he would have had different code..... ill stop by local honda dealer to see whats up if it was us color only or if canada had htat color available.

my fall back color is from 2005 honda cbr1000rr called titanium.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:46 AM   #11
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
tks logan i got that code but it wasnt in our canadian books soi thought maybe he would have had different code..... ill stop by local honda dealer to see whats up if it was us color only or if canada had htat color available.

my fall back color is from 2005 honda cbr1000rr called titanium.
bastard. why did you buy a two-tone coupe if you''re just going to paint it brown?
Old 06-04-2008, 09:10 AM   #12
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I am not sure if anyone knows the owner of this car or not...but is this an OEM color?

What ever it is I want to know, it doesn't look like the Jade Green or whatever that OEM S13 color is that is dark green.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:48 AM   #13
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
bastard. why did you buy a two-tone coupe if you''re just going to paint it brown?
Because two tone cars from the late 80's are horrible looking. I say do the 240sx community a service by painting all two tone coupes a solid color. Only two tones that are acceptable involve a black roof/carbon hood and some other awesome paint color on the body like the origin 180sx posted above.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:32 AM   #14
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert View Post
Because two tone cars from the late 80's are horrible looking. I say do the 240sx community a service by painting all two tone coupes a solid color. Only two tones that are acceptable involve a black roof/carbon hood and some other awesome paint color on the body like the origin 180sx posted above.
Wow, I honestly don't think I've ever heard anyone say that...
Old 06-06-2008, 09:39 AM   #15
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Wow, I honestly don't think I've ever heard anyone say that...
The way I see it, if you want your car to remind you of 80's kitchen appliances by all means keep the two-tone.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:10 PM   #16
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
stop by your local mini/bmw dealer if you have one. the new clubman coopers have a root beer brown color thats close to honda's.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:30 PM   #17
Doriftogasm
Leaky Injector

simba, i'm painting my car furfle now
Old 06-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #18
Jaimdizzle

Jaimdizzle is just really niceJaimdizzle is just really niceJaimdizzle is just really niceJaimdizzle is just really niceJaimdizzle is just really niceJaimdizzle is just really niceJaimdizzle is just really niceJaimdizzle is just really niceJaimdizzle is just really nice
^ thats my friends car, he bought it painted like that but we know its not oem for sure
Jaimdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:00 AM   #19
Old Spice

Old Spice is a well-known jackass

BMW Phoenix yellow metallic
color code 445
Still one of my faves... Dont know if it'll look good on a 240 though
*EDIT* its also a repost.... I just like it so much..
Old Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:41 AM   #20
stiizy
Post Whore!

stiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfection
^^ i had the 02 Si in that color i think it would look good on a kouki nicely dressed!!
stiizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:05 PM   #21
whowutwut
Leaky Injector

whowutwut is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to whowutwut
Here's a picture of my car, it has PPG primer/base coat.

The roof of the car is painted with PPG black and the orange is Xotic Colors Orange with Jade Mist metallic flakes.

whowutwut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:22 AM   #22
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
don't know what kind of kitchen your parents had, but I've never seen two-tone appliances from the 80s. I think the issue is that there are almost no nicely done two-tone cars. looking through the two-tone thread, 95% of the cars are nearly stock with fading paint.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:17 PM   #23
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
My friend Rich's Hatch......

Millenium Jade Metallic Color Code JWO

-Scott
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:53 PM   #24
wannabe_drifter
Zilvia Member

wannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to behold
^^ who makes that color ?
Old 06-09-2008, 09:30 PM   #25
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

pretty sure its a factory S chassis color ( s14 i beleive)

*edit* r34 color
Old 06-09-2008, 09:47 PM   #26
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
its a skyline r34 color ... Millenium Jade Metallic Color Code JWO like said above

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:01 PM   #27
Rittmeister
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Rittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really nice
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
OT, but what side skirts are on the Millenium Jade car?
Old 06-09-2008, 10:25 PM   #28
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
is that the m-spec gtr color? looks good
Old 06-10-2008, 07:21 AM   #29
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Lock View Post
is that the m-spec gtr color? looks good
Yup! Europeans were the only ones to get the Skyline in that color. And trust me when I say the pictures fail to do it justice. In person its awesome!!

As for the Sideskirts/Rear Valence, its is a Real 180SX NISMO/OEM Kit you could get as a dealer option back in the day. The front/lights is an OEM JDM 180SX. If he takes some more pics I'll post up.

Scott
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:39 AM   #30
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
That car is mad clean. I'm not a fan of body matched A pillars though. either way. Clean.