Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys Dedicated Forum for Group Buys.

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 04:01 PM   #61
SystemQs
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
SystemQs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenHonda
So does this exhaust have a resonator or not? According to MadScientist, the SS does indeed have a silencer.
I might be interested if there is a resonator.
The RS exhaust featured in this group buy does NOT have a resonator--it's quite loud (see the decibel ratings elsewhere in this thread)--so the optional silencer would be advisable if the sound output is too much for your (or your local law enforcement's!) taste.
http://www.systemqs.com

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2004, 04:09 PM   #62
upSLIDEdown
Nissanaholic!

Location: VA.. And for those that keep PMing me asking what kit I have, it's Origin Stream.
Trader Rating: (3)
upSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Read the post title..."Uras RS Type full S/S catback exhaust for S13/S14: $320!"
Old 03-27-2004, 04:10 PM   #63
upSLIDEdown
Nissanaholic!

Location: VA.. And for those that keep PMing me asking what kit I have, it's Origin Stream.
upSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemQs
The RS exhaust featured in this group buy does NOT have a resonator--it's quite loud (see the decibel ratings elsewhere in this thread)--so the optional silencer would be advisable if the sound output is too much for your (or your local law enforcement's!) taste.

Ya beat me to it...guess I'm gettin' a little slow
Old 03-27-2004, 04:51 PM   #64
zero.counter
Nissanaholic!

zero.counter is making a name for him/her selfzero.counter is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to zero.counter
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist
JASMA certification... Please, thats like Greddy saying their Exhaust are CARB Legal.... CARB has noting to do with any thing after the Cat. Fujitsubo certifies with JASMA for sound only, and as you know they are very very quiet.

URAS is a drift racing company... if your worried about sound... get the silencer... if you dont like the exhaust after recieving it... e-Bay!

Peace
Drew
www.raretrick.com
First of all, don't try being an ass if you don't really know why I was asking the question in the first place. I do not live in a carb restricted environment like california, I live in Texas. Secondly, I attend medical school where sound ordinances are of the utmost concern and is of the most importance, since University Hospital is next door. If Japan has JASMA certified the product, the dean has stated that I can drive in that area without being fined. Look up their tolerated decibal level as per the JASMA recommendations. They are perfect for residential and/or medical areas. I recently purchased a Kei-Office exhaust for the S14 and it is JASMA certified and I use it for school daily. Silencers get stolen around here and taking it with me all of the time is out of the question.

Don't ever...tell me what I should or should not do without having a good idea of what or who you are talking about. Ignorance makes people look dumb, plain and simple.

I tell you what, why don't you go and talk to a POS pacesetter exhaust rep. and distribute their products and sell for astronomical prices like everything else goes for on your site.

Before you go telling me to how and what to buy, start sending in those rent checks and I will listen. I am not one of your average 16-19 year old demographics looking to be like their favorite japanese drifters.

Old 03-27-2004, 10:06 PM   #65
nismostate
Banned from the Marketplace

nismostate is on the path to ruinnismostate is on the path to ruinnismostate is on the path to ruin
Send a message via AIM to nismostate
Ahaha, funny. Anyways, is the exhaust Jasma ceritified for sr's? I just don't want a loud exhaust. Just a nice tone.
Old 03-28-2004, 12:11 AM   #66
SystemQs
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismostate
Ahaha, funny. Anyways, is the exhaust Jasma ceritified for sr's? I just don't want a loud exhaust. Just a nice tone.
Hi nismostate,

The Uras RS exhaust is not JASMA certified, so noise levels are quite high. The decibel ratings listed earlier in this thread were measured when attached to an SR motor (mid to low 70s when idling, low 90s at 5000 RPM).

We've contacted a current owner of this exhaust and hope to have some sound samples soon!

Old 03-28-2004, 12:21 AM   #67
SystemQs
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero.counter
...Silencers get stolen around here and taking it with me all of the time is out of the question...
zero.counter,

Sorry to hear about the silencer theft; people are shockingly disappointing in their pettiness sometimes. When we were at the Tokyo Auto Salon this past January, the parking lots looked like pantheons of the legends and powerhouses of Japanese tuning culture. I shook my head to think what would've happened if this same group of cars were sitting in, say, Houston (where SystemQ's is)...

Old 03-28-2004, 01:17 AM   #68
Vicious-S14

Vicious-S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi, can I get in on this gb, is it too late? Email to [email protected]
Old 03-28-2004, 06:20 PM   #69
S13FREEAAK
Drifterella

Trader Rating: (14)
S13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I just ordered mine, can't wait till it comes.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:01 PM   #70
sleep
Zilvia Addict

sleep is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sleep
KA vs SR decibel reading....

I have the Apex'i N1 dual atm, but it seems to have developed an 8 inch crack in the resonator this week. It's 4 years old and has met with a couple speed bumps in its lifetime..

I know the N1 dual is over 95 decibels, so im wondering in comparison with the n1 dual....how much louder is this exhause going to be?

You said 95 at 7,000 on an SR...Any idea how big of a difference the KA would be?

I guess putting a cat back on it would make it quieter..I don't mind a loud exhaust, just not something much louder then what i have now. That would be TOO loud.

Is the exhaust note deep?
Old 03-29-2004, 01:59 PM   #71
SystemQs
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluzional
KA vs SR decibel reading....

I have the Apex'i N1 dual atm, but it seems to have developed an 8 inch crack in the resonator this week. It's 4 years old and has met with a couple speed bumps in its lifetime..

I know the N1 dual is over 95 decibels, so im wondering in comparison with the n1 dual....how much louder is this exhause going to be?

You said 95 at 7,000 on an SR...Any idea how big of a difference the KA would be?

I guess putting a cat back on it would make it quieter..I don't mind a loud exhaust, just not something much louder then what i have now. That would be TOO loud.

Is the exhaust note deep?

Hi,

The exhaust should be louder in NA applications. The dB ratings for the Uras exhaust attached to an SR is around 90-92 dB at 5000 RPM.

I honestly can't say what the exhaust note is like, but we are working on getting audio samples from a current Uras RS exhaust owner, and will post them once they're available!

Old 03-29-2004, 04:38 PM   #72
sleep
Zilvia Addict

i guess this would tone the exhaust down a note on my KA. especially over my gutted cat huh?

http://www.projectnissan.com/PRODUCT...&idproduct=591
Old 03-29-2004, 10:36 PM   #73
SystemQs
Leaky Injector

Quote:
i guess this would tone the exhaust down a note on my KA. especially over my gutted cat huh?

http://www.projectnissan.com/PRODUCT...&idproduct=591
Hi Deluzional,

It looks like the resonator in that straight pipe might help. Gutted cat? Sounds sadistic!

Old 03-29-2004, 10:40 PM   #74
sleep
Zilvia Addict

lol yeah i guess it does....

Better gas mileage, more power, little louder exhaust note.....was worth it

Old 03-30-2004, 09:38 AM   #75
SystemQs
Leaky Injector

Group Buy Deadline Tomorrow!

Tomorrow is the deadline for the group buy, so if you haven't submitted your billing and shipping information yet, now is the time!

Call us toll-free (877.728.8200) 10AM-5PM CST, pay via PayPal ([email protected]) or fill out our Secure Order Form online (http://www.systemqs.com) 24 hours a day.

We'll be dedicating a part of the Specials page on our site to the progress of the exhaust order, and you can of course email or call us about it as well.

Last edited by SystemQs; 03-30-2004 at 01:33 PM..
Old 03-30-2004, 12:29 PM   #76
S13FREEAAK
Drifterella

S13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfection
I ordered my exhaust on sunday and have yet to recieve what the total w/ shipping would be. my email is [email protected] and i used the secure order form.
Old 03-30-2004, 01:05 PM   #77
SystemQs
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13FREEAAK
I ordered my exhaust on sunday and have yet to recieve what the total w/ shipping would be. my email is [email protected] and i used the secure order form.
Hi S13FREEAAK,

We will be contacting all buyers tomorrow (the deadline) to confirm the charges before running your credit cards. With the shipping, the total is $365 ($320 for exhaust, $45 for shipping) , or $400 if you want the optional $35 silencer.

Old 03-30-2004, 01:11 PM   #78
S13FREEAAK
Drifterella

ok, I was just making sure. I didn't want to miss the group buy.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:51 PM   #79
adoboboy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
adoboboy is just really niceadoboboy is just really niceadoboboy is just really niceadoboboy is just really niceadoboboy is just really niceadoboboy is just really niceadoboboy is just really niceadoboboy is just really niceadoboboy is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to adoboboy
Cant wait...400$ is worth it...i jus hope its not too loud, or sounds like a can of bee's...that would suck...
Old 03-30-2004, 05:47 PM   #80
sleep
Zilvia Addict

asked about the exhaust..........

Posted by: Okayama Boy
Quote:
I have a URAS exhaust on my car. Its the only without any pre-silencer. IT's LOUD without the baffle. With the baffle its....a little quieter. I have a JDM Silvia with an SR20DET and no CAT. Just straight back from my turbo, which could be part of the reason. If you get one get one with the pre-silencer!! I like the exhaust!! When i come home at 3am, my neighbors hate it...LOL
Old 03-30-2004, 06:11 PM   #81
SystemQs
Leaky Injector

Quote:
asked about the exhaust..........

Posted by: Okayama Boy
The SS (not featured in this group buy) has the built-in resonator, so the Project Silvia straight pipe with resonator you mentioned earlier might be the way to go, so there will be at least a little sound suppression before entering the RS exhaust (featured in this group buy). We'll be getting a sample to mount to an S13--can't wait to make samples and videos!

Last edited by SystemQs; 03-30-2004 at 08:51 PM..
Old 03-31-2004, 09:10 AM   #82
SystemQs
Leaky Injector

Exclamation Time's up! Group Buy Deadline Is Here!

If you haven't submitted your billing and shipping information yet, now is the time!

Call us toll-free (877.728.8200) 10AM-5PM CST, pay via PayPal ([email protected]) or fill out our Secure Order Form online (http://www.systemqs.com) 24 hours a day.

If you've filled out the Secure Order Form and have not received a confirmation email, please call or email us to confirm your order.

We'll be dedicating a part of the Specials page on our site to the progress of the exhaust order, and you can of course email or call us about it as well.

Last edited by SystemQs; 03-31-2004 at 09:30 AM..
Old 03-31-2004, 09:16 AM   #83
nismostate

nismostate is on the path to ruinnismostate is on the path to ruinnismostate is on the path to ruin
I filled out the secured order form today! Just wanted to make sure you got it.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:31 AM   #84
SystemQs
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismostate
I filled out the secured order form today! Just wanted to make sure you got it.
Order received, thank you!

Old 03-31-2004, 02:44 PM   #85
S13FREEAAK
Drifterella

Satoshi, I just sent it in again, I also sent you an email.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:01 PM   #86
SystemQs
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13FREEAAK
Satoshi, I just sent it in again, I also sent you an email.
Order received, thank you!

Old 03-31-2004, 04:49 PM   #87
noodl35
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
noodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to noodl35
Hey Satoshi, i already emailed you but i just wanted to make sure you got my order form. Btw how much is shipping to my address?
Old 03-31-2004, 05:45 PM   #88
nismostate

it's 365 shipped without silencer for everyone within the US. it says it in the first post. I hope I get this exhaust within a month.... or i'll have to run it off of the DP.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:35 PM   #89
SpeedSk8X

Trader Rating: (1)
SpeedSk8X is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Talking

Last minute order @ 10:30 est.
Sorry, had to sit on it till I was sure.
Thanks for the deal!
Old 03-31-2004, 10:45 PM   #90
SystemQs
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodl35
Hey Satoshi, i already emailed you but i just wanted to make sure you got my order form. Btw how much is shipping to my address?
Your order was received, thank you!

Nismostate is correct: in the lower 48 states, it's $365 shipped without silencer, and $400 shipped with silencer.

Closed Thread