Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 01-11-2023, 08:29 AM   #1
Carbonsnail

Trader Rating: (0)
Carbonsnail is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Las Vegas, Nevada new Classic Car Registration law

Does anyone know about the new 2023 Classic Car Registration law in Las Vegas that passed? I have a 92 S13 with a stock KA24de and am planning on moving to Las Vegas this coming April from California can someone give me an idea about the emissions test there compared to the one here in California? I've heard that it is not as stringent as California's. Thank you for your responses.

Last edited by Carbonsnail; 01-11-2023 at 11:14 AM..
Carbonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2023, 08:54 AM   #2
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

nick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymore
You may try looking at these websites.

https://dmv.nv.gov/

https://dmv.nv.gov/emission.htm

In Oregon a Stock KA should pass with flying colors as long as it's running good.
Old 01-12-2023, 11:41 AM   #3
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_d_240sx View Post
You may try looking at these websites.

https://dmv.nv.gov/

https://dmv.nv.gov/emission.htm

In Oregon a Stock KA should pass with flying colors as long as it's running good.

I heard that emissions testing in oregon is hilariously easy to pass
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 01:05 PM   #4
Lt8Che

Lt8Che is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes it passed. Had to get classic car insurance to avoid emissions again.
Lt8Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 07:58 AM   #5
Carbonsnail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt8Che View Post
Yes it passed. Had to get classic car insurance to avoid emissions again.
Are you familiar with a shop there in Las Vegas called Samurai Motors do they perform quality work?
Old 01-25-2023, 09:48 AM   #6
Sleepiedaze
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Sleepiedaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
LLC FTW!

https://www.49dollarmontanaregisteredagent.com/

did this and never looked back. register car under a LLC commercial insurance and bam life time registration.
Sleepiedaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 08:52 AM   #7
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepiedaze View Post
LLC FTW!

https://www.49dollarmontanaregisteredagent.com/

did this and never looked back. register car under a LLC commercial insurance and bam life time registration.
not until you run into that A-hole cop thats being petty.

I see that youre from the 619.....

My buddy was driving down chula vista in his Texas registered s14 and was pulled over. Cop told him "if the car is here then it must be registered here" and reff'd him.

Personally i think that cop was being petty because SD has a HUGE military presence and they legally do not have to register the car in the state theyre residing in.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 11:24 AM   #8
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepiedaze View Post
LLC FTW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
Personally i think that cop was being petty because SD has a HUGE military presence and they legally do not have to register the car in the state theyre residing in.
LLC/out of state registration, while nice, is not applicable if you daily drive a car AND have residency in California. I recommend Montana LLC for those with weekend cars, not for those with daily drivers as it may get you into legal trouble (or just a lot of wasting time) if you run across the wrong cop.

state law varies but most states have some version of vehicle/license law that requires you to register a vehicle and/or have drivers license in that state if you have resided for more than 30 days.

so if you have a CA license and constantly drive around a car with MT plates, the police absolutely have discretion to enforce the residency vehicle law.

the workaround with this is whether you have met the threshold to get a CA license in the first place, in other words your out of state license has expired and you renewed with CA license.

and as always, back the blue unless they actually enforce laws that you feel is BS and laws you want to conveniently ignore for personal gain.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 09:44 PM   #9
Trixzim

Trixzim will become famous soon enoughTrixzim will become famous soon enoughTrixzim will become famous soon enoughTrixzim will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Trixzim
You don't need to smog the car if you register it as a classic car, but your limited to 5,000 miles per year. All you need is classic car insurance. You can use Hagerty car insurance.
Trixzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 10:19 AM   #10
Carbonsnail

Trixzim, Thanks. Also, do you know of any good shop that works on S13s in Las Vegas or Summerlin?
Old 02-19-2024, 09:26 PM   #11
Trixzim

Trixzim will become famous soon enoughTrixzim will become famous soon enoughTrixzim will become famous soon enoughTrixzim will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Trixzim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonsnail View Post
Trixzim, Thanks. Also, do you know of any good shop that works on S13s in Las Vegas or Summerlin?
No Sorry, I normally do all my own work.
Trixzim is offline   Reply With Quote