Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 01-10-2017, 10:58 PM   #1
C10Hakosuka
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
C10Hakosuka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Freshly rebuilt motor to road trip.

Hey there people of Zilvia! So, not too long ago oh I'd say maybe about 4 months ago I had the great honor being introduced into rod knocks. Fast forward to now, my motor is nearing completion and I've also made plans to go from California to Arizona and back. This trip wasn't originally going to be in my car but I've lost the vehicle I was going to use (borrowing from friend). Now, let's say I finish it this weekend and she's running. With the monthish long timeframe be enough to have her ready for a long trip of constant steady speeds?

My motor has been hot tanked, crank polished and I have purchased some of the most wallet hurting parts. But the pistons I purchased were Carrillo/CP pistons. Anybody have experience with these rings? I hear they need some extra (I mean extra) beatings to really get settled in. Anywho, I was just curious as to see if anyone has rebuilt a motor, beat it good and fast enough to break in, and has gone either to track days or even a long trip. Thank you!
C10Hakosuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2017, 02:37 AM   #2
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Have you tried contacting CP to get an answer?
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote