Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:37 PM   #1
besTint
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (81)
besTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 81 reviews
Send a message via AIM to besTint
Thumbs up FYI: CA State ref ticket

went to court and paid $10 fine for modified emmissions due to state ref being closed. what a beautiful day.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Location: Southern California...where i stretch out haters like a bad thong
Trader Rating: (40)
DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DUFFM4N Send a message via Yahoo to DUFFM4N
congrats for you! *golf clap*

hopefully they're still closed by the time my ticket is due

things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who HUSTLE

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
DUFFM4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:13 PM   #3
mangoes
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
mangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
oh wow, thats awesome!

Outside Family
mangoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:15 PM   #4
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
That's great to hear. We need more ppl to chime in on this who have ref tickets.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:30 PM   #5
LifePlazaCircuit
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (36)
LifePlazaCircuit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
I have a ref ticket for modifeld exhaust, smog emissions, and air cleaner..

What exactly do I do to clear the ticket.

My court date is on 10/07/09

I was told to take my car to any smog shop take the smog cert. to the judge and he will clear it but no one can seem to confirm this.

Anyone have any info??
LifePlazaCircuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:32 PM   #6
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Wonderful...my court date is coming up in October...lets see if Riverside County is any nicer.
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:03 AM   #7
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
Quote:
Originally Posted by DataXUnknown View Post
Wonderful...my court date is coming up in October...lets see if Riverside County is any nicer.
go today and go see a judge and just tell them you will not be in town for the court date and share the other examples as above stated.
racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:50 PM   #8
PRADOgy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
PRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I feel we should take advantage of this.. but keep it amongst us zilvians.. =X
Old 09-23-2008, 10:27 AM   #9
besTint
Post Whore!

besTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the rough
cop just put modified emmissions and didnt specify but he was tripping on the intake piping when he gave it to me.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:36 AM   #10
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
I should go to court already.

I'm due for 10/10/08.

So, just told the judge you fixed the problem, but since the ref stations were closed, you couldn't do anything about it?

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:43 AM   #11
MudRacer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
MudRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Yea, I think u can still show up in front of the judge before your date. Explain the situation and he may write it off. Correct me if im wrong.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:53 AM   #12
s13silady
Nissanaholic!

s13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfection
ok this is just what ive HEARD, and i would like to see if there is a definative answer.

i have quite a few buddy's that are state smog employees. and a few cop buddies.

they were telling me that the state refs might not even open up anymore. they said that good ol arnold is looking to abolish the state ref program. anyone have any insight?
Old 09-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #13
besTint
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRacer View Post
Yea, I think u can still show up in front of the judge before your date. Explain the situation and he may write it off. Correct me if im wrong.
yea, the date is DUE DATE, you can go anytime before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
I should go to court already.

I'm due for 10/10/08.

So, just told the judge you fixed the problem, but since the ref stations were closed, you couldn't do anything about it?
well he knew right off the bat i couldnt ref shit. just asked where the car was, told him it was at the shop and he said pay ten dollars. i couldnt keep myself from smiling. i tried so hard not too but i know there was a good smirk showing.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:12 AM   #14
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
So.... does this mean that I no longer need to shit bricks when I'm being tailed by a cop?
Old 09-24-2008, 09:17 AM   #15
Grenade180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
Grenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grenade180sx
HAHAHA. your extremely lucky my friend. riverside county was not kind to me. $654 big ones they screwed me with. so lunch on you next time HAHAHA oh and ill need a ride.
Grenade180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:51 AM   #16
chairmnofthboard
Zilvia Member

chairmnofthboard is an unknown quantity at this point
Sweeeeeeeet
chairmnofthboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:06 AM   #17
besTint
Post Whore!

yea there was another guy at court with me who had a ref ticket with a speeding and he paid $200something.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:54 AM   #18
markyboi
Zilvia FREAK!

markyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to behold
quick question: how do you know if you have a ref ticket?

i got a ticket that says modified exhaust and he checked it off as non correctable

would that be a ref ticket?
markyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:06 PM   #19
Grenade180sx
Nissanaholic!

Grenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfection
no.. a ref ticket will have a little white label put on the back saying you cant drive your car on the street as it is a gross polluter.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:47 PM   #20
s13silady
Nissanaholic!

s13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade180sx View Post
no.. a ref ticket will have a little white label put on the back saying you cant drive your car on the street as it is a gross polluter.

not necessarily. sometimes the cop is lazy and will just write on the back.

it will have NON-CORRECTABLE checked off... but as soon as he checks it off non correctable, thats ref.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:45 AM   #21
markyboi
Zilvia FREAK!

markyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13silady View Post
not necessarily. sometimes the cop is lazy and will just write on the back.

it will have NON-CORRECTABLE checked off... but as soon as he checks it off non correctable, thats ref.

so since i got a modified exhaust ticket that checked off as non correctable, it is a ref ticket correct?

any1 else?
markyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:08 PM   #22
blakeZX
Zilvia Junkie

blakeZX is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to blakeZX
Maybe someone can answer this for me...if my car is registered in Montana (no smog or inspection) as a company car, can California cops still send me to the ref., or am I off the hook since the car is not California-titled?

Hope my loophole works...
Old 09-28-2008, 12:09 AM   #23
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
^You're safe.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:31 AM   #24
blakeZX
Zilvia Junkie

blakeZX is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to blakeZX
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
^You're safe.
Thanks, that's a relief!
Old 10-08-2008, 02:53 AM   #25
Sup3rsak
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
Sup3rsak is close to perfectionSup3rsak is close to perfectionSup3rsak is close to perfectionSup3rsak is close to perfectionSup3rsak is close to perfectionSup3rsak is close to perfectionSup3rsak is close to perfectionSup3rsak is close to perfectionSup3rsak is close to perfectionSup3rsak is close to perfectionSup3rsak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sup3rsak Send a message via MSN to Sup3rsak Send a message via Yahoo to Sup3rsak
Quote:
^You're safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeZX View Post
Thanks, that's a relief!
I still got a ref and a exhaust ticket. I am registered in washington and I have up to date registration. How do I get out of this one?
Old 10-08-2008, 03:38 AM   #26
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rsak View Post
I still got a ref and a exhaust ticket. I am registered in washington and I have up to date registration. How do I get out of this one?
You should've told the cop to eat a dick. But since you didn't...
Go to court, show the judge your out of state registration, tell him the car is registered with family there because you usually leave the car at their place in that state. See the bailiff, pay ten dollars, walk away. lol
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:47 PM   #27
Sup3rsak
Zilvia FREAK!

Sup3rsak is close to perfectionSup3rsak is close to perfectionSup3rsak is close to perfectionSup3rsak is close to perfectionSup3rsak is close to perfectionSup3rsak is close to perfectionSup3rsak is close to perfectionSup3rsak is close to perfectionSup3rsak is close to perfectionSup3rsak is close to perfectionSup3rsak is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Sup3rsak Send a message via MSN to Sup3rsak Send a message via Yahoo to Sup3rsak
Quote:
You should've told the cop to eat a dick. But since you didn't...
Go to court, show the judge your out of state registration, tell him the car is registered with family there because you usually leave the car at their place in that state. See the bailiff, pay ten dollars, walk away. lol
i'll buy you pizza if I ever stop by pipeline again. Next problem the address is a cali address haha
Old 09-28-2008, 01:00 AM   #28
Grenade180sx
Nissanaholic!

no. its not a ref ticket. i have a ticket for excessive exhaust noise its checked correctable NO> i called court they said just pay the 10 dollars. A STATE REF TICKET WILL HAVE MODIFIED EMISSIONS ANDOR the white sticker on the back of the ticket.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:50 PM   #29
rebornS14
Zilvia FREAK!

rebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to rebornS14
got a speeding ticket with modified emissions/state ref bs. went to court last week and i paid $220 for my speeding and got the ref dropped. wo0t!
rebornS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:45 AM   #30
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Location: Formerly Elk Grove/the916/95758/NorCal - Now teh 970
Trader Rating: (19)
cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
wtf. they wont allow me to go to court early, so I don't know why there are people saying you can go before your date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s141996 View Post
is this exhaust california friendly? thnx lmk
cc4usmc is offline   Reply With Quote