Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-07-2022, 11:23 AM   #301
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Nismo LSD's do provide output shafts. I do not know though what length they come in. My idea was to order the diff from them with the 6x1 output shafts and see if I can bolt up the 350z axles to that, so that I could eliminate spending more money on the Villans stubs.

Worst comes to worse ill order the diff, and send the nismo stubs out to Villans to have them modify them.
Old 11-07-2022, 12:00 PM   #302
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
C. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30gangsta View Post
Nismo LSD's do provide output shafts. I do not know though what length they come in. My idea was to order the diff from them with the 6x1 output shafts and see if I can bolt up the 350z axles to that, so that I could eliminate spending more money on the Villans stubs.

Worst comes to worse ill order the diff, and send the nismo stubs out to Villans to have them modify them.
I was actually curious of this as well. If you do go the 6x1 nismo lsd route, please post your findings here if you don't mind.
C. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 12:59 PM   #303
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
As far as I know if you got the "R32/33 GT-R" part number Nismo GT Pro with the 6x1 output shafts it should still just work in an S-chassis housing.

The reason Villains shafts exist is the same reason the Nismo GT Pro comes with its own output shafts. All the 6x1 R200s (Q45, Z33, GT-R) as well as the S15/R34 HLSD use 30-spline shafts. Most other R200s including all S13/14 use 29-spline shafts.

So Villains made 29-spline 6x1 shafts for people who want to use Z33 axles with their existing S13/14 LSDs, meanwhile Nismo supplies 30-spline shafts in 3x2, 5x1, or 6x1 along with the GT Pro rather than make different versions of the GT Pro itself to be compatible with the dizzying array of factory output shafts (29 vs. 30 spline and allll the different lengths).
AKADriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 11:04 AM   #304
mothon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
mothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Anybody running Dmax axles?
Old 05-28-2023, 05:51 PM   #305
UG-T
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
UG-T is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Curious as well as I'm contemplating purchasing in the near future
UG-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 05:16 PM   #306
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothon View Post
Anybody running Dmax axles?
Still tripod style aren't they? Seems like a missed opportunity.
Old 05-31-2023, 01:28 PM   #307
MyblackS13
Leaky Injector

MyblackS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm working on installing 350z axles in my S13, changed a lot of things at the same time and they seem too short. I have DIY welded flanges, welded at stock S13 length. I have also changed to a S14 subframe, GK Tech arms, GK Tech drop spindles, and Cusco coils with tender springs (more drop travel). All arms have been set-up to GK Tech's recommended OE lengths. Anyone else do Z33 axles on a similar set-up and have them bind on install. Passenger side is in, but with only about 1/8" of play, driver's side doesn't want to go at all.
Old 06-02-2023, 12:13 PM   #308
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblackS13 View Post
I'm working on installing 350z axles in my S13, changed a lot of things at the same time and they seem too short. I have DIY welded flanges, welded at stock S13 length. I have also changed to a S14 subframe, GK Tech arms, GK Tech drop spindles, and Cusco coils with tender springs (more drop travel). All arms have been set-up to GK Tech's recommended OE lengths. Anyone else do Z33 axles on a similar set-up and have them bind on install. Passenger side is in, but with only about 1/8" of play, driver's side doesn't want to go at all.
Confused here. Too short, but won't go in??? 1/8" of plunge or extension?
Old 07-05-2023, 01:53 PM   #309
MyblackS13
Leaky Injector

MyblackS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I ended up getting it figured out, called Weir and Villains, I had cut my stub axles too long, longer than either provide, and it was preventing my axles from going in, even at full plunge. I ended up redoing my stubs shorter to get the axles in. Weir stubs are intended for cars slightly over stock track width, Villains for stock. They were both incredibly helpful and informative, down to telling me dimensions of their products.