Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 08:29 AM   #91
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
alex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sforteen View Post
I'd like to see this tucked radiator setup.. in for updates.
Just got off the phone with my radiator guy today, should be ordering the first test rad here in a couple hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatbrokethistime View Post
Any updates on the build of this kit?
still working on the rad option, however the standard fitment kit is done and available for stock rad/j30 compressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschekilla View Post
Got me interested. I want you to work on my car sr20det needs a/c. S13Attachment 85626
I appreciate it, however I do not currently have access to an s13 sr20 car. The kit will fit right up, but the driver's side hoses with change for whichever compressor you'll be running (ka/sr)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2015, 12:11 PM   #92
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

alex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-known
UPDATE:
Radiator should be here early next week. Now its a prototype so there's always a chance its going to overheat or need to be changed slightly, but myself and the builders have confidence it will work well. To give you guys some preliminary information on it, its 23" wide, 13" tall, horizontal flow, dual pass, dual core, utilizing 1" tubes in each row. With these dimensions, you should not have to cut your core support at all, be able to run two 11" fans on a shroud (we have a 2800 cfm pair of puller fans on the way), and the AC hoses will still have the clearance needed to route on each side of the rad. This same supplier runs a very similar setup on a 900hp big block car without any overheating issues. That being said, they arent running AC, nor do they have a large intercooler core blocking most of the airflow. So it'll be interesting, but I am siked to see what the added space between the rad and the pulleys does for extracting heat, as well as running two quality fans with a proper shroud design.

All of this is being done because we were seeing freeway cruising temps in the 199-203 range with the condenser installed/AC off. While some may argue this is fine, the tubular topmount/twin gate setup on this car obviously radiates more heat that some other set-ups out there and I cant blame him for wanting to bring the temps down as much as possible. Now his initial cooling set-up was an Ebay rad, no shroud, and two ebay 12" fans that probably didnt move more than 900 cfm combined, so this doesn't particularly mean that your cars will run hot just from putting the condenser in there.

Radiator Pricing: Trying to keep this competitive, prob around $400 + shipping. My biggest reason for wanting to avoid radiators initially was the cost. Custom rads are never cheap, especially in made-to-order, smaller volume quantities. I've done business with the current supplier in the past and they give me what I think is a fair price, no doubt about it. My desire to offer radiators isn't to profit from them but rather to be able to guarantee a good, solid option that will work with my AC kits. After I get the Rad, add the mounting brackets, add the condenser mounting tabs, and build a fan shroud, I'll be in it over $400 myself. But with larger orders I may be able to get this cost down, which I can then pass on to everyone. But like I said, this is all speculative as I have yet to install and test this Radiator.

I appreciate everyone taking the time to read this and for your patience as I work to get this setup as dialed in as I can before shipping out a bunch of kits. I dont want you guys overheating, but I really dont want your cars overheating haha
Old 08-06-2015, 03:53 PM   #93
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

Radiator is here. condenser is mounted and ready to go. Waiting on materials for the fan shroud, should have this thing installed this weekend. Really happy with how it turned out, fingers crossed it cools as well as it looks.

Sitting in my truck just for the hell of it. This could be a good "universal fit" combo
Old 08-07-2015, 10:07 AM   #94
EJ8 944
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
EJ8 944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
When would the group buy be taking place?
Old 08-07-2015, 04:25 PM   #95
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ8 944 View Post
When would the group buy be taking place?
I'm trying to get it going as soon as possible. Are you interested in a standard or tucked setup? As soon as I have some results from this tucked combo, Ill publish them here and can get things underway.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:59 PM   #96
EddyM3

Trader Rating: (0)
EddyM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
definitely interested in a kit for a 1jz vvti 1991 s13, would you make lines only or must it be the full kit?
Old 08-10-2015, 07:44 AM   #97
Stein180sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Stein180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm interested in the condenser/dryer kit for a koyo radiator pushed forward if at all possible.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:08 AM   #98
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyM3 View Post
definitely interested in a kit for a 1jz vvti 1991 s13, would you make lines only or must it be the full kit?
I dont have a problem with just doing lines, currently do not have access to a 1j s13 though. Where are you located?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein180sx View Post
I'm interested in the condenser/dryer kit for a koyo radiator pushed forward if at all possible.
pushed forward meaning cut upper core support?
Old 08-13-2015, 03:08 PM   #99
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Interested for SR20.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:29 PM   #100
EJ8 944
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
EJ8 944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_s817 View Post
I'm trying to get it going as soon as possible. Are you interested in a standard or tucked setup? As soon as I have some results from this tucked combo, Ill publish them here and can get things underway.
I'm not even sure which one, tbh
Old 08-14-2015, 03:41 PM   #101
Stein180sx
Leaky Injector

Stein180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

pushed forward meaning cut upper core support?

Yeah, sorry my core support is cut and moved back rather. I am running a Taurus fan on the engine side now instead of two 12" spal pushers. Thanks.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:18 PM   #102
EddyM3

Quote:
I dont have a problem with just doing lines, currently do not have access to a 1j s13 though. Where are you located?
located in miami florida
Old 08-19-2015, 10:15 AM   #103
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ8 944 View Post
I'm not even sure which one, tbh
Posting new info on the tucked rad below this post. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein180sx View Post
Yeah, sorry my core support is cut and moved back rather. I am running a Taurus fan on the engine side now instead of two 12" spal pushers. Thanks.
the condenser sits fairly far forward, there's a good chance it will fit with the Rad tipped in a bit.

Quote:
located in miami florida
ahh dang I wish we were closer to each other.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:31 AM   #104
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

Tucked rad is in and working great so far. With the haltech kicking on the fan at 165, we can't even get the car to run hot enough. It's locked so while waiting on the password to change the fan temp we can't do a whole lot, however with the exact same fan temp/ambient temp/etc, we haven't seen the water temp go over 173 while sitting still and hitting anti-lag. With the other radiator and fans, we never saw anything below 192. Now it's apparent that the old radiator was clearly not up to par, but we knew that already. It was about 85 degrees yesterday (same temp when we were seeing 192 w/old rad) but obviously thats not hot enough to do any real testing. Next week is supposed to be in the 90s and hopefully we can push the car a little harder. All of this is with the AC condenser mounted stacked in front of the rad, but without the compressor operational. (have to build slightly longer hoses for new condenser placement) FYI: car is running a Nismo 165 degree t-stat

-derale 13" fan (flows 2150 cfm in puller config. and wired on a 60 amp relay)
-custom shroud sealed to radiator
-23" x 13" x 3" dual pass radiator
-AC Condenser w/integrated drier mounted to the front of the rad
- Prestone 50/50 antifreeze coolant mix, NO water wetter at this time.

Old 08-19-2015, 01:27 PM   #105
AWD260R
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
AWD260R is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This is good, I have/had AC in my RB26DETT swapped S14 using the oem R32 AC compressor. I used the S14 low pressure hose and welded into the R32 hose fitting, The high pressure line worked like oem BUT!!! now I've changed to a EFR turbo with the new Full Race manifold IWP and I am back to sqaure one. The R32 AC compressor is to long and hits the manifold runner with out the hose, so I was forced to get a R34 AC compressor which is shorter (less deep) and now I have to change both the low/high hose's because the R32 fittings don't mate to the R34 ones. I think my oem S14 fitting might of fit the R34 low side but have no clue as I have tossed that peice I cut off. I'd go this route if it would clear the new manifold because I wanted to get a new S14 condensor but no one has any I might have to flush it out but anyhow do you have the measurements of the fittings? my R34 AC compressor ID are as such:

Low Pressure side: 21.32mm or .839 inch
High Pressure side: 15.3mm or .602 inch

high pressure side at condensor: 12.58mm or .495 inch

If this kit would work I'd only need the condensor part but I'm curious to know if your modded fitting would clear on the LP side.
I've already moved my condensor and radiator about 2" forward if I recall correctly, ugh the things we do for creature comforts.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:34 PM   #106
MR_GUTTI
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
MR_GUTTI is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Excelente Job Alex! Please keep us posted
Old 08-21-2015, 10:40 PM   #107
EddyM3

i have a question, was wondering if you could help me out on how to get my compressor to turn on safely once if i had all components installed. may i pm you about this?? (1jz s13)
Old 08-22-2015, 08:58 AM   #108
sterlinge
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
sterlinge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
This is cool. The real test is running the ac to see if the cooling system can handle the added heat. Here in Texas we have had quite a few 100+ degree days.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:26 AM   #109
stricnynel0s
Zilvia Junkie

stricnynel0s is an unknown quantity at this point
I am def interested, I have a r32 gtr what some genius destroyed half of the ac setup, so I would def be interested in this, im actually debating doing a mechanical fan setup. I would need everything to do this.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:51 PM   #110
noodl35
Zilvia Addict

noodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to noodl35
I'm really interested in the whole radiator/condenser/drier setup for my s14/r33 rb26 configuration.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:06 AM   #111
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

Sorry for the lack of response guys. I do all of this stuff on the side and have been swamped with Evo ac stuff lately as well. I tried to answer everyone below, but for those who need the quick answer; the radiator is still installed and working great, but he's had other issues with the car (unrelated to AC/cooling), so we don't have the results of the system with the added load of the compressor yet. As soon as I do, I will post them here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD260R View Post
This is good, I have/had AC in my RB26DETT swapped S14 using the oem R32 AC compressor. I used the S14 low pressure hose and welded into the R32 hose fitting, The high pressure line worked like oem BUT!!! now I've changed to a EFR turbo with the new Full Race manifold IWP and I am back to sqaure one. The R32 AC compressor is to long and hits the manifold runner with out the hose, so I was forced to get a R34 AC compressor which is shorter (less deep) and now I have to change both the low/high hose's because the R32 fittings don't mate to the R34 ones. I think my oem S14 fitting might of fit the R34 low side but have no clue as I have tossed that peice I cut off. I'd go this route if it would clear the new manifold because I wanted to get a new S14 condensor but no one has any I might have to flush it out but anyhow do you have the measurements of the fittings? my R34 AC compressor ID are as such:

Low Pressure side: 21.32mm or .839 inch
High Pressure side: 15.3mm or .602 inch

high pressure side at condensor: 12.58mm or .495 inch

If this kit would work I'd only need the condensor part but I'm curious to know if your modded fitting would clear on the LP side.
I've already moved my condensor and radiator about 2" forward if I recall correctly, ugh the things we do for creature comforts.
I can get measurements for you, they are probably different but some models do cross over. How large is that compressor? What kind of manifold runner/wg (EFR internal gate?) clearance do you have for the fittings coming off the compressor? I've got both the "tucked radiator" condenser (slightly smaller in size) and the standard mount that you could use, just might need to modify the brackets that mount it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_GUTTI View Post
Excelente Job Alex! Please keep us posted
Thank you! So far so good with daily use, but we still dont have AC working yet (customer has had some other setbacks with the car). I will update as soon as I have some data for you guys.

Quote:
i have a question, was wondering if you could help me out on how to get my compressor to turn on safely once if i had all components installed. may i pm you about this?? (1jz s13)
Yeah man whatever you need, hit me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinge View Post
This is cool. The real test is running the ac to see if the cooling system can handle the added heat. Here in Texas we have had quite a few 100+ degree days.
I agree 100%. Still waiting on this, I know it's taking forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stricnynel0s View Post
I am def interested, I have a r32 gtr what some genius destroyed half of the ac setup, so I would def be interested in this, im actually debating doing a mechanical fan setup. I would need everything to do this.
Tucked or standard mount? Would definitely want standard if planning to use a mechanical fan I would assume

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodl35 View Post
I'm really interested in the whole radiator/condenser/drier setup for my s14/r33 rb26 configuration.
I am glad you like the kit! Which compressor do you have/intend to run?
Old 09-01-2015, 09:45 PM   #112
noodl35
Zilvia Addict

noodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to noodl35
Quote:
I am glad you like the kit! Which compressor do you have/intend to run?
Well I have the stock r33 compressor but if your setup works with a j30, I can switch. My question is my wiring harness is wired for ac already. Will I have to rewire if I switch to j30?

Last edited by noodl35; 09-02-2015 at 05:49 PM..
Old 09-02-2015, 10:22 AM   #113
AWD260R
Leaky Injector

AWD260R is an unknown quantity at this point
my current position of the condenser is the last 1" forward of the core support, if your condenser is about the same I should be able to make it work, as for my R34 AC pump I can post pictures of it when my photobucket stops giving me issues, I have the ones from Full Race website which shows how the AC pump sits near the IWG manifold (sorry my misspelled acronym from the first post), I'd need to move sooner than later on this hopefully after lunch I can get my photos to upload and post them.

Full Race pictures below R33/R34 AC pump, Spoke with them already and they state it shows the R33 AC pump hose's R34 AC hose's look different:

Last edited by AWD260R; 09-02-2015 at 12:46 PM..
Old 09-06-2015, 08:48 PM   #114
max1008

max1008 is an unknown quantity at this point
I haven't posted in a while to this thread but I'm still interested. Don't care about tucked radiator, need condensor lines for j30 compressor and 240sx evaporator. Rb25 95 s14.Need dryer and expansion valve as well. Do you have a price for this kit?
Old 09-07-2015, 09:21 AM   #115
Dcrprez
Leaky Injector

Dcrprez is just really niceDcrprez is just really niceDcrprez is just really niceDcrprez is just really niceDcrprez is just really niceDcrprez is just really niceDcrprez is just really niceDcrprez is just really niceDcrprez is just really niceDcrprez is just really nice
Any updates on S14 with LS swap? I have a 95 that I am currently working on putting in a LS3. The Sikky lines are a nice option but I agree with you on replacing the old condenser and such.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:28 AM   #116
jabbacalvin
Leaky Injector

jabbacalvin is an unknown quantity at this point
I am interested for my rb20 s13 with a koyo rad
Old 10-09-2015, 11:11 AM   #117
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Any more updates on this development? I need to figure out my AC situation before next spring. This LS1 heats up,the interior quite badly......damn Texas heat to boot lol.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:52 AM   #118
NOLAGG
Zilvia Member

NOLAGG is an unknown quantity at this point
Bump....need something for my 2jz 350z.hoping to hear back.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:12 PM   #119
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Where do you get that foam stripping to seal between radiators/condensors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD260R View Post
Old 10-21-2015, 03:44 PM   #120
Smooth

Smooth is an unknown quantity at this point
Auto zone sells it
Closed Thread