Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Western States

North Western States Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:06 AM   #301
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BoostyMcZface is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
damn. well at least you figured out the problem. I hate chasing ghosts
BoostyMcZface is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2016, 09:49 AM   #302
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostyMcZface View Post
damn. well at least you figured out the problem. I hate chasing ghosts
I run from ghosts.....lol

I don't have the patience or the time to chase down issues. So I either waste money on it or carry it to a shop, which most of the time, ends up wasting money too.....

So, did everyone survive the 4th with all their fingers?
Old 07-06-2016, 01:08 PM   #303
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

I don't either but I'm gonna force myself to. I know i'll have some issues with my build. I did buy the first parts for my q45 rear end swap today... woo.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:22 PM   #304
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Mechanical labour is easy, so that'll be a 20 minute swap.....lol

Are you planning on powder coating any parts?
Old 07-06-2016, 02:02 PM   #305
quinton

quinton is an unknown quantity at this point
Rocking a bone stock s14 down here in Lakewood
quinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 02:04 PM   #306
quinton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Dog View Post
yeah I rebuild the engines myself. KA's are relatively easy to some others ive had a hand with... *cough1uzcough*
i want to mess around with the bore and high compression as well as a crank scraper and lightened stock rods.
I have a set of supposedly 12:1 cp pistons for the ka if you're interested. Still in the box
Old 07-06-2016, 03:24 PM   #307
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinton View Post
Rocking a bone stock s14 down here in Lakewood
Welcome pimp.

What year?

Either way, that's rare as hell. Stock S14.....
Old 07-06-2016, 03:34 PM   #308
quinton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
Welcome pimp.

What year?

Either way, that's rare as hell. Stock S14.....
97 kouki. Only downside right nite is it's an auto
Old 07-06-2016, 03:40 PM   #309
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Nice.

That's not a down side man, have you seen down town....lol

Besides, most drag cars are auto for a reason and I can say that these auto trans can hold up to boost. Mine held the ~310whp pretty well.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:01 PM   #310
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
I was wondering about the auto trans holding power. I'm keeping mine auto since my knee hates me.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 04:15 PM   #311
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

I did some reading after my first 240 S14 was already 'boosted' by the previous owner and saw posts of people stating that it is good up to around ~450.

So I fixed up some of the po's mess under the engine bay and that car held its own.

The transmission never slipped and shifted like butter every time. Loved that little beast.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:19 PM   #312
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
I've got to rebuild the ka anyway, might as well rebuild the trans while it's out. Powertrain has 205k miles on it and compression isn't the greatest. Maybe throw in a shift kit as well.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:29 PM   #313
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
I've got to rebuild the ka anyway, might as well rebuild the trans while it's out. Powertrain has 205k miles on it and compression isn't the greatest. Maybe throw in a shift kit as well.
I've had shift kits on boosted autos before and never liked them IF it's a street car that you drive often.

Because say good bye to any smooth shifting and the 'clonk' between shifts always scared me. Plus when you add that racing torque converter, you might be scared shyt less....lol

So my boosted autos are for highway pulls and not launching from a dig.

I would spend the extra $1K and have the trans rebuilt. That way the entire power train is nice and fresh.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:34 PM   #314
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Good to know. I'm not going ham with the turbo. Just something a bit more fun and streetable.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:38 PM   #315
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Good to know. I'm not going ham with the turbo. Just something a bit more fun and streetable.
Ham?

You don't have to, but I think that right around 320whp is nice to have.

You're not killing your mpg's but you have enough power to hold your own against some hondas....lol

But I get where you're coming from. I don't race any more, but I just like building fast cars and have them looking good. Don't have to be show room good, but they are NOT stanced, cambered out, hoonigan anything. Just plain old 'Looking good'...
Old 07-06-2016, 05:00 PM   #316
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

That's the plan. 250-300hp, lowered an inch or so, no crazy stance or aero. Simple and clean. As sleeper as a s14 can get.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:12 AM   #317
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
That's the plan. 250-300hp, lowered an inch or so, no crazy stance or aero. Simple and clean. As sleeper as a s14 can get.
Wait, you're not going to be scraping the ground with mad camber'd rims that width is measured in feet just so that you have spec's and fucced up wheel wells with either mad pulls or messed up flare arches?

If so, THANK YOU!!!!! lol.....
Old 07-07-2016, 03:46 PM   #318
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Lol. It's rolling on stock 17 6 spoke g35 wheels right now. Might stay that way.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:27 PM   #319
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

I have the hubs for the conversion, but I have to measure the wheel well spaces to see what size rims I need to fill it without having to modify the body.

I'm not looking for any hella flush anything, but at the same time, I want to rims to be more 'outward' than 'sunken' in under the car if that makes any sense.

I'm thinking 18 x9 +25 for the fronts and 18 x 9 +25 in the rear. The rear is killing me because if I'm going to spend so much money on rims, I might as well get the biggest / widest that will FIT.

The only reason for the 18's is because from the tire sites, 235.35.18 tires on a 18x9 (621mm) rims is only 6mm diameter difference from the stock 15x6 195.60.15 (615mm) / 205.60.15 (627) set up.

Yes I'm OCD about my speedometer working right even if I have after market rims.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:34 PM   #320
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Nothing wrong with that.

The dingus previous owner put the wheels on with stock size tires, instead of a 40/45 series. Well that means the front struts have dug a trench into the tires. Thanks guy.
It was either the wheels I have now, or some cheap white wheels with way too much poke and stretched tires. Looked like a damned lowrider.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:40 PM   #321
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

I hear you man. I think poke is worse than too much sunken in. I can't stand when the wheels pass the body of the car.

You're in better shape than me. My front right has THREE cracks in it. So if I have to move it, I have to pump it up with a 20 year old portable compressor. Poor thing.....lol

Lunch, where in WA are you located?
Old 07-07-2016, 04:46 PM   #322
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Ha I'm nowhere near Washington. I'm just south of Memphis, TN. I just posted because of the auto trans posts.
Sorry for the thread derailment.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:50 PM   #323
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Ha I'm nowhere near Washington. I'm just south of Memphis, TN. I just posted because of the auto trans posts.
Oh ok.

As you can see, I'm recruiting....lol

But what's funny is that I might be going to drive on the 'Dragon' in September. A few of my friends on the East is planning it and some of them is from TN. Most of them is from GA and two of them is driving up from FL.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:57 PM   #324
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

I'd love to do that one day. I took my first 97 all around the smoky mountains park a few years back. Never hit the Dragon though. But damn it was fun. Fell in love with east tn and wanted to move there, but never did. Way back before I got married.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:22 AM   #325
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

I'll be powdercoating the rear subframe and front cross member red. and whatever else I can that will protect / look cool, I want the entire underside of the car coated or painted so it will hold up against rust and the q45 swap is pretty easy looking, especially if the drive shaft place can make one with a q45 flange.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:12 AM   #326
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostyMcZface View Post
I'll be powdercoating the rear subframe and front cross member red. and whatever else I can that will protect / look cool, I want the entire underside of the car coated or painted so it will hold up against rust and the q45 swap is pretty easy looking, especially if the drive shaft place can make one with a q45 flange.
Do you have a powder coating shop already picked out?

I ask because I can't seem to find a reliable one or one that doesn't want to take your wallet.

I wish I had garage space to have a small oven so that I can powder coat some small pieces.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:27 AM   #327
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

There's a place by my house in puyallup that I'm gonna try. A lot of people have used forever powder coating but I heard they've been jacking prices. They do great work though. I can't remember the place near me but it's something like superior powdercoating.. I'll find it and post it up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2016, 09:39 AM   #328
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

I have gotten some parts powder coated by superior powder coating, but the one up in Arlington. Really good guy and damn good prices. Did good work too.

Lunch, what did you mean your 'first 97'?
Old 07-08-2016, 09:52 AM   #329
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Owned a 97 s14 from 2000 to 2009. Got another 97 a few months back.
Old 07-08-2016, 10:07 AM   #330
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Damn... You're lucky to have owned two. I can't find one at a decent price in decent shape.

Hope you bought your lottery tickets the same day you bought those cars. I'm sure you would have won.....lol