Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 12:42 PM   #1
Ciscog

Trader Rating: (0)
Ciscog is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Picked up 1990 S13 with 42k original miles..

I'm new to this thread. I have been a GTR owner and currently still am. I just picked up a 1990 sx se in red manual with 42 k miles on it for a price you would not believe. Owned by a grandma and sat in the garage for the past 14 years. Now that I own it my thoughts were to build the KA motor from the bottom up add a turbo because I am aiming to hit a minimum power range of 500 whp. So I will be doing the whole car and will add a rocket bunny body kit to the car when the motor turbo exhaust 5 lug conversion and etc is complete.. so just wanted to gather some info as I am new to the 240 team. Also any recommendations as to what shop I should consider to do the work? I installed a new fuel pump yesterday and the car started up instantly. So any help would be great guys. Thank you.

Cisco
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2017, 12:49 PM   #2
JM216S14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
JM216S14 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If you own a gtr why would you want a turd 40 with a ka-t........
Old 03-05-2017, 12:57 PM   #3
djdryon
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
djdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to djdryon Send a message via AIM to djdryon Send a message via MSN to djdryon Send a message via Yahoo to djdryon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciscog View Post
I'm new to this thread. I have been a GTR owner and currently still am. I just picked up a 1990 sx se in red manual with 42 k miles on it for a price you would not believe. Owned by a grandma and sat in the garage for the past 14 years. Now that I own it my thoughts were to build the KA motor from the bottom up add a turbo because I am aiming to hit a minimum power range of 500 whp. So I will be doing the whole car and will add a rocket bunny body kit to the car when the motor turbo exhaust 5 lug conversion and etc is complete.. so just wanted to gather some info as I am new to the 240 team. Also any recommendations as to what shop I should consider to do the work? I installed a new fuel pump yesterday and the car started up instantly. So any help would be great guys. Thank you.

Cisco
Why build such a fresh motor? I have a spare ka24 that is already disassembled. Was going to build it up to handle around 600hp, but haven't had the time. I'll trade you for the low-mileage motor you have, because the ka I'm running now has around 260k.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2017, 12:57 PM   #4
Ciscog

I own a 2015 black edition FBO E-85 with 1100x boost logic set up. I have nothin else to do with that car which makes insane whp. So I figured since I picked this car up for $500 why not build it. I like the idea of building the stock block with all forged internals put a borg warner turbo on hit hit 500 plus whp and see what it can do. I currently have no projects and figure this will be a cheap build compared to the GTR parts. Also I think it will be cool to bring these two together to some car shows. Both being Nissan's.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:05 PM   #5
Hakosuka1700

Hakosuka1700 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sell the car to someone who will preserve it. There are plenty of people looking for low mile 240SXs in good condition, and they will pay a good amount of money. If you got it for a steal you can easily make a profit on it. Buy another 240 that needs some work since you'll probably replace anything with damage when you modify it.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:06 PM   #6
Ciscog

It's just an idea. A lot of people are I see are putting doing swaps to different motors I want to keep the original motor build the 4xyl with the turbo and smack around my brothers stock Audi R8. I think he will be upset that a 1990 240 whips his 2014 R8 v10. Don't you?
Old 03-05-2017, 01:09 PM   #7
Ciscog

I agree. Well if anybody is interested in buying it let me know. It's completely stock runs great no rust on the 1990 240 sx se. It's a one owner car driven by an older woman. Did I mention that it is manual as well.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:11 PM   #8
djdryon
Leaky Injector

djdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to djdryon Send a message via AIM to djdryon Send a message via MSN to djdryon Send a message via Yahoo to djdryon
Quote:
I own a 2015 black edition FBO E-85 with 1100x boost logic set up. I have nothin else to do with that car which makes insane whp. So I figured since I picked this car up for $500 why not build it. I like the idea of building the stock block with all forged internals put a borg warner turbo on hit hit 500 plus whp and see what it can do. I currently have no projects and figure this will be a cheap build compared to the GTR parts. Also I think it will be cool to bring these two together to some car shows. Both being Nissan's.
$500, wow that's awesome!! I'd LOVE a new low-mileage car to move my current parts over. My KA has a bb turbonetics t304 that is running around 17lbs right now. Such a fun car.

Old 03-05-2017, 01:13 PM   #9
Ciscog

What do you think i could get for it if I decided to sell ?
Old 03-05-2017, 01:18 PM   #10
djdryon
Leaky Injector

Quote:
What do you think i could get for it if I decided to sell ?
Easily 5k. It's a fresh car. Engine maybe $500, since it's low miles.

Old 03-05-2017, 01:20 PM   #11
Ciscog

That kind of money I wouldn't be interested to sell i would just build the car put a rocket bunny kit on it after all motor work and call it a day. I'm sure I would be able to smash a couple of GTR out there that are stock when I'm done with it.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:26 PM   #12
Ciscog

Just tried to load pic it won't let me.. if you want to see a pic of it send your number so I can show you guys. I have a video as well of it running.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:44 PM   #13
djdryon
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Just tried to load pic it won't let me.. if you want to see a pic of it send your number so I can show you guys. I have a video as well of it running.
I'd try tapatalk if you have it. Much better luck posting pics. I agree it would be a beast when finished. With all that power you're going to want to reinforce the frame to keep it tight for the long haul. If you are planning on putting down more than 500, you'd be better off finding a caged shell and working with that. One of me dreams is to put an original rocket bunny kit with a twin-charged LS motor. Would look and sound like an absolute animal lol

Old 03-05-2017, 02:20 PM   #14
Ciscog

Yeah it would sound great.. what do you think about building the original KA with forged internals and a big turbo? 500 whp possible?
Old 03-05-2017, 02:30 PM   #15
MistyBlueS13
Leaky Injector

MistyBlueS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice pickup! I wish I could get a deal like that. Your car, your decisions but if it were mine I would preserve it. Good luck and have fun with it!
Old 03-05-2017, 02:36 PM   #16
Ciscog

Just keep it stock and let it sit ?
Old 03-05-2017, 03:00 PM   #17
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Do the ka-t, upgrade suspension and rolling stock, oem aero, call it done.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:23 PM   #18
Ciscog

I think I will keep the interior stock but change like you said motor trans suspension wheels with 5 lug conversion exhaust fuel system upgrade.. But I saw this rocket bunny kit so I think I will want to do that.. iIt looks amazing.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:24 PM   #19
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Your car, your money. Personally, I think rocket bunny is car cancer.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:25 PM   #20
MistyBlueS13
Leaky Injector

I prefer oem aero with suspension and engine upgrades personally, but like he said, your car, your money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2017, 03:34 PM   #21
Ciscog

I'm going to look into that.. I just saw a couple on google thought they looked cool.. I am new to the 240 so your input absolutely helps.. Maybe I will keep body stock I guess I will just start with motor trans and suspension and go on from there..

What kind of trans should I be running with the power I am looking for?
Old 03-05-2017, 03:36 PM   #22
MistyBlueS13
Leaky Injector

I would look into a 350z transmission for those power levels. Collins sells an adapter plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2017, 04:37 PM   #23
JM216S14
Zilvia Junkie

JM216S14 is on a distinguished road
Ughhhhhhhhh I hate 240s
Old 03-05-2017, 04:47 PM   #24
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Rocket bunny? Might as well send it to the crusher...
Seems like gtr's are falling into the wrong hands.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:10 PM   #25
Ciscog

Not really I just said I saw a wide body rocket bunny and it looked that's all.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:03 PM   #26
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
buy a car that has already been messed with if you want to build a hoonigan wannabe hot boi mobile.

an original low mileage 240sx in 2017 is rare and it deserves to be preserved.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:33 PM   #27
Ciscog

I get it know body likes the rocket bunny I won't change the body.. as far as the motor I'm putting on a turbo and upgrading the stock motor.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:38 PM   #28
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
That kind of money I wouldn't be interested to sell i would just build the car put a rocket bunny kit on it after all motor work and call it a day. I'm sure I would be able to smash a couple of GTR out there that are stock when I'm done with it.
you are a fucking idiot

you really should not have that car. sell it to someone who is not a douche
Old 03-05-2017, 06:41 PM   #29
Ciscog

For building the motor and putting on a turbo.. Your opinion but please don't curse on the thread.. thanks
Old 03-05-2017, 06:56 PM   #30
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I started reading this thread and after the rocket bunny and ls comments I was like wait, did someone bump some old ass thread? Guess not, yikes!
Closed Thread