Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-16-2023, 05:17 PM   #14011
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
yah know... id buy a damn Nissan Kicks in a heartbeat IF THEY OFFERED IT IN STICK IN THE US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Course Europe gets it with a "row your own gear" transmission along with a 155hp turbo charged motor. Here... eh, we get a ticking time bomb for a transmission.
What's a Nissan? They still around?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2023, 08:25 PM   #14012
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Well? Any good news? How them Genesis Coupes doing?

Surprised the Solstice/Sky never became a thing.
It's weird, after the first couple years they were around, when I saw a few guys buy them to autocross, I NEVER see them. Its like they went right from new car -> old guy's garage furniture.

Biggest problem with the Solstice/Sky and probably why this happened is they are a PITA to live with as a daily compared to a Miata. Inexplicably more cramped feeling and the trunk/soft top blows.

Meanwhile I still see Mk3 MR2s every damn day.

How about that new Land Cruiser? The purist in me wishes it were a Land Cruiser 75 with a diesel and shit but the middle aged suburban dad who owns a Forester that I am digs it. Not as dorky macho retro as the old FJ Cruiser.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 01:09 AM   #14013
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Solstice/Sky were garbage cars. my old man had a Solstice and good lord was it not only impractical, but uncomfortable as shit to drive. the clutch was self adjusting (which always made it feel absolutely numb) and the N/A motor was absolutely gutless! never drove a turbo model, but a stock KA24e felt faster than the N/A Solstice.

and yes Corbic, theyre still around... i THINK. last time i checked, those Altima drivers are getting their cars somewhere, and arent they still producing the same GTR that came out in like 2008?

PS: Cant find it on YT, so youll have to deal with IG. its worth it

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnAL5l3DjcV/

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 07:09 AM   #14014
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
What's a Nissan? They still around?
Frontier is nice. One of the only mid-size pickups with a naturally aspirated 6 cylinder that is available new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
It's weird, after the first couple years they were around, when I saw a few guys buy them to autocross, I NEVER see them. Its like they went right from new car -> old guy's garage furniture.
I never really got into Genny coup?s. Something about the window line from the side view didn't sit right with me.

Quote:
Meanwhile I still see Mk3 MR2s every damn day.
I rarely see them but I sorttttt of like them. Some JDM MR-S looked nice on Hot Verson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqaWng6-_dU

Quote:
How about that new Land Cruiser? The purist in me wishes it were a Land Cruiser 75 with a diesel and shit but the middle aged suburban dad who owns a Forester that I am digs it. Not as dorky macho retro as the old FJ Cruiser.
I love this truck! I like the base base version. Same with the big Bronco. The only one I like is the base with steel wheels. I would love to see more Land Cruisers on the road and fewer 4Runners <___<. 4Runners look cool too I'm just over seeing them.

Quote:
and yes Corbic, they're still around... i THINK. last time i checked, those Altima drivers are getting their cars somewhere, and aren't they still producing the same GTR that came out in like 2008?

PS: Cant find it on YT, so youll have to deal with IG. its worth it
It certainly is shocking how long the R35 has survived in its current configuration. When I see one though, it still REALLY draws my attention. Seems like a nice track weapon.

We had a 2007 Maxima with the 3.5 V6 and CVT and that thing hauled ass. I didn't have any trans trouble. But I've heard the stories.
Old 08-17-2023, 12:03 PM   #14015
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post
It certainly is shocking how long the R35 has survived in its current configuration. When I see one though, it still REALLY draws my attention. Seems like a nice track weapon.
Had a thought occur to me earlier today. pretty sure we wont see a newly developed GTR or Z chassis until Nissan goes *ugh* full electric with all of their vehicles. It dawned on me earlier that there simply isnt enough money in it for Nissan to develop a new sportscar platform (given GTR and Z share same chassis) in current times. Until they see a reason to, Nissan will continue to string out the FM platform they introduced in the early 2000s with the 350z. it underpins the GTR, the Z and a load of vehicles in the Infiniti lineup. kind of sad really.

one thing thats been a huge bummer for me is seeing the demise of body kits due to all the dumb sensors that require being attached to the bumpers and such in modern cars. everything looks the same now... i dont care how cool people think "side skirt extensions" are. when you pull up to a car meet and theres 20 of the same Dodge whatever with no variety other than trim level... its just boring as hell!

Old 08-17-2023, 12:18 PM   #14016
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Quote:
Had a thought occur to me earlier today. pretty sure we wont see a newly developed GTR or Z chassis until Nissan goes *ugh* full electric with all of their vehicles. It dawned on me earlier that there simply isnt enough money in it for Nissan to develop a new sportscar platform (given GTR and Z share same chassis) in current times. Until they see a reason to, Nissan will continue to string out the FM platform they introduced in the early 2000s with the 350z. it underpins the GTR, the Z and a load of vehicles in the Infiniti lineup. kind of sad really.
Yes this or maybe the next Godzilla will be some hybrid like the NSX and the latest from Ferrari. At least that way we'll get some nice noises.

I'm crossing my fingers though that legislation is passed (or executive order) that will delay or remove the absolutely abhorrent and crippling emissions measures on automobile manufacturing that is coming down the pipeline in the next decade or so.

"They" really do want people staying in their homes and only using public transportation lol. The death of an industry. Modern cars are SO expensive due to all these sensors and complex technology that "helps" drivers/pedestrians and is "safe."

The pre-owned market will reign supreme for a looongg time methinks. On the other hand, there are still plenty of people with high earnings buying expensive new cars. Pickups are so damn expensive now too.

Quote:
one thing thats been a huge bummer for me is seeing the demise of body kits due to all the dumb sensors that require being attached to the bumpers and such in modern cars. everything looks the same now... i dont care how cool people think "side skirt extensions" are. when you pull up to a car meet and theres 20 of the same Dodge whatever with no variety other than trim level... its just boring as hell!
How interesting! I follow your point about modern cars looking similar. It seems the only ways to personalize them are now with colors, wheels, and exhaust.

Maybe I just came up a little later but I've never been huge into body kits. I am more attracted to stock body lines and "lip kits" which is what you alluded to. Dodge does a good job with a number of different style hoods on their models, including Chargers, Challengers, even Ram pickups and Jeeps
Old 08-17-2023, 06:50 PM   #14017
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post
Maybe I just came up a little later but I've never been huge into body kits. I am more attracted to stock body lines and "lip kits" which is what you alluded to. Dodge does a good job with a number of different style hoods on their models, including Chargers, Challengers, even Ram pickups and Jeeps
body kits, when designed and done properly, will take the look of the car lightyears beyond what it was.

case in point... i am so beyond hung on the greddy gracer kit i tweaked and brought back its not even funny. they took the original chuki exterior and made it work SO much better IMO, especially the front bumper! everything about the kit is just a little more edgey and expanded upon from stock chuki face, skirts and valances ("type x" valances started on the chuki model btw). everything about the kit is clean and simple... only adding small amounts of exaggeration where needed (basically matched height of everything)

not hooring my product, just using something that goes along with the point i was making. properly designed aero kits take the original aesthetic and compliment it. theres tons of kits out there for the s-chassis i cant stand. others just hit me right in the feels because they took an original idea and innovated on it.

veilside, just yuck. i respect their designs in that they are VERY creative... however, they are too over the top for my tastes. vertex on the other hand, absolutely perfect example of aero done properly!

i think aero worked better on 90s cars due to how small the physical body of the vehicle used to be and how high they tended to sit. modern cars have gotten much taller (due to safety regulations and such) and there is a lot more real estate that has to be dealt with in terms of surface area. some companies, like dodge, get it right in their factory designs for say the Hellcat. the wide fenders helped the car SO much. then youve got honda on the other hand whos last generation Civic was just god awful! VENTS!!! VENTS EVERYWHERE!!! yeah uh, but are they functional? NOPE!!! BUT WHO CARES???

most lip kits to me look silly. the bulk of the time they just dont work... especially front lips. even since the 90s, lip kits just tend to look over done. cramming too much exaggeration into too small of a space. there are exceptions, dont get me wrong... but the bulk of the time, aftermarket lip kits really look like an afterthought.

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 08-18-2023 at 12:15 AM..
Old 08-17-2023, 09:23 PM   #14018
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
most lip kits to me look silly. the bulk of the time they just dont work... especially front lips. even since the 90s, lip kits just tend to look over done. cramming too much exaggeration into too small of a space. there are exceptions, dont get me wrong... but the bulk of the time, aftermarket lip kits really look like an afterthought.
This is why we need a BNR32 "style" front lip for zenki's (lol):

I'd even take a complete front bumper:

BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 12:43 PM   #14019
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
So, Tokyo Auto Show 2023. Lots of interesting concept cars, Mazda Iconic SP, Toyota FT-SE, Honda Prelude, Nissan Hyper Force... Not getting my hopes up that they'll be anything like production models, but seems like a lot of manufacturers are teasing new halo cars, which I think is a good sign.
Old 10-25-2023, 05:08 PM   #14020
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

meh... all this electric/hybrid bullshit is just boring. no third pedals. everything looks like a NURB, or Playstation 1 polygon count threw up all over the car (looking at you new GTR).

i got to sit in a Stagea 260RS on Sunday night for the first time. ah, how much i miss the simplicity of 90s cars. sitting in that Stagea, THAT was fun and exciting. seeing car manufacturers cramming modern day cars full of computers, batteries and tracking/monitoring/nannying devices, meh. i think the words "wet noodle" accurately describes my feelings.

Old 10-26-2023, 07:35 AM   #14021
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
At least it's good to see some efforts expended on decent design and relative lightness, right?
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 09:12 AM   #14022
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
I dig the looks of the prototype Prelude. Kinda looks like a modern Mitsubishi FTO. The speculated power plant and drivetrain is not exciting though.
Old 10-26-2023, 09:51 AM   #14023
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
meh... all this electric/hybrid bullshit is just boring. no third pedals. everything looks like a NURB, or Playstation 1 polygon count threw up all over the car (looking at you new GTR).

i got to sit in a Stagea 260RS on Sunday night for the first time. ah, how much i miss the simplicity of 90s cars. sitting in that Stagea, THAT was fun and exciting. seeing car manufacturers cramming modern day cars full of computers, batteries and tracking/monitoring/nannying devices, meh. i think the words "wet noodle" accurately describes my feelings.
You're not alone man. This is my gripe: Every 90s ICE car has that simplicity that even the current young generation of driving enthusiasts desire. That's just giving the cars we know and love, and even dream of one day attaining, a level of UNattainability that is extremely frustrating. Now there's unwanted competition from these "kids" driving up prices. Fucking influencers buying up clean shells and throwing in a k-swap and a plethora of social-media-peer pressure influenced shitty parts, and making that popular enough for other kids to buy up and do the same. ICE/Analog cars are becoming so endangered of a species, I wouldn't be surprised 5 years from now, Toyota Tercel builds are the "thing" because everything else was bought up/wrecked/hoarded. /rant haha
Old 10-31-2023, 09:06 AM   #14024
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
I mean if an influencer wants to come buy my S13 hatch shell, they're more than welcome to come overpay. Put whatever the fuck their heart desires in it. I won't care as long as that check clears.

Let's just all stop being so daft. We aren't going to get back the 90's cars because frankly, they're fucking death traps and no one would pay today's price to have a shit box because it's cool.

If you were that concerned, y'all would buy FRS/BRZ/GT86/Zs because it's as close as you'll get to that period but with modern day safety things and emissions needed to be able to be sold.

Now, let's talk about this new Mazda thing again. I am not scrolling back to see if someone posted it, but I'm sure someone did.

That thing is sweet.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 09:19 PM   #14025
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
If you were that concerned, y'all would buy FRS/BRZ/GT86/Zs because it's as close as you'll get to that period but with modern day safety things and emissions needed to be able to be sold.
The issue with the FRS/GT86/BRZ is power. I know slow car go fast. Weight n all that, but we live in an age where MINIVANS make 300hp. People want more power simple as that. With traction control, weight of vehicles, etc. power is not the same like it used to be. I've driven a lot of mustangs. The GT at 460 crank hp was fast but not like OMG fast. The Z is weird, it is more powerful than a 370Z but appears to be worse in handling. Not to mention they are hella over priced. I have seen Z's priced at 76K thanks to dealer markup.

What we all want is a car that harkens back to the days when a 4cyl turbo with light mods could whoop up on a V8. Those days are gone. Now we need a 6cyl with light mods that an whoop up on a V8 see the B58 in the M340I. Problem is said we cannot get them in cheap-ish cars. Mustang GT is the best bang for the buck RWD platform for a V8, the ecoboost is best bang for the buck for a turbo 4 RWD car.

Enthusiasts cars cost $$$ these days. Look at the GTR. Used to be the halo JDM car, destroying all types of cars, 70K. Now its over 100k. The nismo edition is like 200K for a got damn Nissan.

We are going to be the grumpy bunch in our 2022 shit boxes while all the kids drive around in 2050 EV's.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 02:39 AM   #14026
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

you forgot to mention the GTR is still the same car it was back in like 2008 when it was released... just like so many other sports cars. just keep that old zombie alive!

charger, challenger, GT86, Z, Camaro, Mustang etc etc etc etc. i get that once all the main tooling is paid off, theyre cash cows. but jeebus, the GTR is BEYOND long in the tooth.

Old 11-02-2023, 08:52 AM   #14027
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Considering a 2013 ZN6 as a relevant modern car is no longer valid. That's like people on Zilvia in 2005 saying their Zenki S14 was new. People were already drifting them into walls and parting them out left and right, just like what is happening today with the ZN6

The ZN8 GR86 is a pretty solid upgrade in the power delivery category. I've driven them and they are plenty fun, they get out of their own way just fine. I don't agree with succumbing to the "Everything needs power GRRRRR" mentality. I hate to generalize but the modern consumer's appreciation for a good car has been oversimplified, or should I say, dumbed down to smoothbrain levels.

Everything non-American or high-end Euro was always low power, prior to the 90's Japan era (see: whopping 276hp)... British roadsters, 510's, Escorts, Corollas, Alfa's, BMW's even... all had huge enthusiast bases and were used heavily in racing. And if you didn't like them, you buy a GTO or an Aston Martin. There's no reason it needs to not be this way.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 01:11 PM   #14028
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Considering a 2013 ZN6 as a relevant modern car is no longer valid. That's like people on Zilvia in 2005 saying their Zenki S14 was new. People were already drifting them into walls and parting them out left and right, just like what is happening today with the ZN6
I get what you're saying, but the ZN6 has only been out of production for 2yrs. Like Future said, lack of power/ upgrading power was the biggest knock during the 7yrs of that chassis.
Quote:
The ZN8 GR86 is a pretty solid upgrade in the power delivery category. I've driven them and they are plenty fun, they get out of their own way just fine. I don't agree with succumbing to the "Everything needs power GRRRRR" mentality. I hate to generalize but the modern consumer's appreciation for a good car has been oversimplified, or should I say, dumbed down to smoothbrain levels.
The ZN8 would be in a entirely different class of fun if it made 275-300hp from the factory. Everyone in here knows this. Just look at the excitement over the GR Corolla and 300hp.
Old 11-02-2023, 03:39 PM   #14029
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
I get what you're saying, but the ZN6 has only been out of production for 2yrs. Like Future said, lack of power/ upgrading power was the biggest knock during the 7yrs of that chassis.
The ZN8 would be in a entirely different class of fun if it made 275-300hp from the factory. Everyone in here knows this. Just look at the excitement over the GR Corolla and 300hp.
EXACTLY! Never in my life would I have thought I'd b excited by a Corolla other than An AE86.

Too bad like the Ford ST dealers are going to kill that car with markups.
Quote:
2023 Toyota GR Corolla Core AWD
Price includes separate $1,099 transfer fee, which applies if shipped to destination Norcross, GA (13 mi)
$49,097
I will say it again. S550 ecoboost is the modern day Silvia. Decent power plant from the factory that will respond to mods, manual (for most years) can swap it for both a V8 and an inline 6 (Ford Barra).

If I can snag another promtion in the next two years, an ecoboost Barra swap will be my next project.
Old 11-02-2023, 05:18 PM   #14030
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
this... a million times THIS!!!

Old 11-02-2023, 05:23 PM   #14031
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I will say it again. S550 ecoboost is the modern day Silvia.
ive been saying for a good 5-6 years now... Nissan was fucking STUPID not to badge engineer the car with Ford and rerelease the ecoboost mustang as the new silvia! Toyota did it with BMW for the Supra and its been a hit for them.

Ecoboost Mustang is fully backed by Shelby packages... which are 100% covered under warranty! Nissan fucked up royally, but im not even disappointed as i lost any and all hope for Nissan a long time ago. i think the only thing that bugs me in ANY way is their lack of even simple ACKNOWLEDGMENT that the S-Chassis even existed. nevermind it has become one of THE MOST recognized and sought after cars in the world, Nissan does nothing in terms of recognition for one of the greatest RWD vehicles ever produced.

Old 11-02-2023, 06:56 PM   #14032
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
ive been saying for a good 5-6 years now... Nissan was fucking STUPID not to badge engineer the car with Ford and rerelease the ecoboost mustang as the new silvia! Toyota did it with BMW for the Supra and its been a hit for them.

Ecoboost Mustang is fully backed by Shelby packages... which are 100% covered under warranty! Nissan fucked up royally, but im not even disappointed as i lost any and all hope for Nissan a long time ago. i think the only thing that bugs me in ANY way is their lack of even simple ACKNOWLEDGMENT that the S-Chassis even existed. nevermind it has become one of THE MOST recognized and sought after cars in the world, Nissan does nothing in terms of recognition for one of the greatest RWD vehicles ever produced.
Eh, Toyota is a part owner of Subaru and big enough to dictate terms.

Nissan has RWD platforms. Comes down to styling and marketing them correctly. Camaro is more Silvia in styling and would be more plausible.
Old 11-03-2023, 08:44 PM   #14033
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Boring?

cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 12:52 AM   #14034
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

not a fan of it... but the car does at least have flippies

Old 11-09-2023, 05:46 PM   #14035
Future240
Future Moderator

Too much of a concept to give a real opinion. It's going to cost an absurd amount and likely under perform with cars that are similarly priced.
Old 11-10-2023, 05:56 AM   #14036
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
I like it, but I can't get passed it looking like the little models they use to display automotive paint colors

Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 09:54 AM   #14037
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
I like it, but I can't get passed it looking like the little models they use to display automotive paint colors
LMAO I had the exact same thought when I saw it. Cover it in Maziora and I'll fuck with it heavy 😎
Old 11-13-2023, 12:45 PM   #14038
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
The issue with the FRS/GT86/BRZ is power. I know slow car go fast. Weight n all that, but we live in an age where MINIVANS make 300hp. People want more power simple as that. With traction control, weight of vehicles, etc. power is not the same like it used to be. I've driven a lot of mustangs. The GT at 460 crank hp was fast but not like OMG fast. The Z is weird, it is more powerful than a 370Z but appears to be worse in handling. Not to mention they are hella over priced. I have seen Z's priced at 76K thanks to dealer markup.

I'll take it one step farther. The BRZ FA20 is a pile of dog shit. Had it been an F20 or K20/24, hell even a BEAMS, they would have tripped sales.

The FA20 makes marginal horsepower, a flat/dead torque cut off, gets mediocre fuel economy and oh yeah, is an unreliable POS that blows rod bearings. Facebook is littered with rollers and knockers.

It's honestly criminal considering Subaru does have a fantastic turbo-4 that should have been drop in ready. Hell, even a Tuned EZ30/36 would have been sick.

Drop in the Flat-6 making ~320HP with spruced up mag ride suspension, rear seat delete, brakes, some upgraded sway bars and strut bars, market it as a STI/TRD and have a Porsche GT4 beater at $55k

Why not the Turbo-3 out of the Yaris/Corolla?

They have so many good parts available. Toyota just does not care. (See new Tundra)
Old 11-13-2023, 12:46 PM   #14039
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

Sweet Mode 3 Tesla Bruh!
Old 11-13-2023, 12:47 PM   #14040
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Too much of a concept to give a real opinion. It's going to cost an absurd amount and likely under perform with cars that are similarly priced.
Exactly.

I can clearly see the FD inspiration... Which is the only good parts.

So like, just make an FD that meets modern crash tests and emissions...

I'd honestly just scale up an FD by 10-15%, use some exotic materials and call it good.