Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-20-2008, 02:53 PM   #2101
rightcoastimports
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
rightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Ok guys i need some quick answers.. i work at lexus part time and i have my new wheels and tires here trying to get mounted.. the guys wanna know if theres a specific procedure of stretching the tires.. they just dont want to mess anything up..

i got 18x9 with 225/40 and 18x10.5 with 245/40
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2008, 04:36 PM   #2102
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Those will hardly be stretched so you don't have to worry about anything.

IF for some reason you have a hard time getting the bead to set get someone to help you push on it to get at least one side of the bead to set (top or bottom). If you have a cheetah get someone to hold the air line on the valve stem with it on full blast and hit the area between the wheel and tire with the cheetah and it'll pop right on.

Those tire sizes should pop right on with little or no difficulty though. Especially if they're Falken Ziex.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:15 PM   #2103
5t341tH
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 5t341tH
^^ yep. those sizes should go on ez. if not, u need practice.
if all else fails, use the CHEETAH. that shit is badass to the max

lexus baby
5t341tH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:25 PM   #2104
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
^ those are barely stretched, easy as pie to mount.

EDIT: beat me to it.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:11 PM   #2105
brainfood
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Put the 25mm spacers on the back its a bit too much for me but it looks better. Probably need closer to a 10-15mm spacer and less camber.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:31 PM   #2106
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
To the average person/tire shop if the tire is going on a wheel that it isn't recommended to go on it is unsafe. I have 215/45s on my 17X9s...I'd run 225/40s if they made them. Any tire shop that does 20s and up will have a cheetah and will most likely know what they're doing. A bunch of my friends work at shops/own them so I either help put them on/they put them on for me no questions asked.

Sorry for the tangent in the wheel thread....this local Q45 should help make up for it:

I'm not sure of the exact offsets, but they're 18X9.5/10.5 in the low teens or possibly under +10 offset wise.

A better shot of Andrew's car (Slow40SX):

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 10-20-2008, 10:42 PM   #2107
nismosx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
nismosx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
will these offset clear coilovers f: 18x11 +10 r: 18x13 +10
nismosx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:56 PM   #2108
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Looks like you'll need a 10-15mm spacer up front to clear coilovers. There should be lots of room in the back but that is a really wide wheel.

FYI: Wheel Offset Calculator

I just judge everything by a 9J +30 because I know that doesn't clear. It says it'll be 5mms further in then that, so a 15mm spacer would give you 9 +20 inner clearance, which definitely fits, I'm not sure if a 9 +25 will clear all coilovers.

There is a list of offsets and widths that work if you search though. I only answered because the link to the wheel offset calculator is buried in this thread.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 10-22-2008, 01:43 PM   #2109
FlyingAngle
Banned from the Marketplace

FlyingAngle is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for all the compliments guys, I just took a few more pictures. I'm happy with the way the pull came out, both sides have a dip where there used to be a tab sticking out for the inner fender, has anyone else had this problem? I don't really care since I've started sliding and running low offset wheels I've learned to man up and not let little things like that bug me, it's not a show car

FlyingAngle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:02 PM   #2110
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
more crap posts deleted.

If I keep having to sanitize this thread, I'll just lock it and put it away.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:17 PM   #2111
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
Did some really bad photochopping. Thinking about deleting the moldings all the way around

18x11 -7 225/35 feddy 18x12-7 255/35 feddy

Battle Idol Works 2015
SlideAlliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:03 PM   #2112
FlyingAngle
Banned from the Marketplace

FlyingAngle is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^ baller as fuck dude, I need to get some 35 profile tires for my fronts, fitting those 40's was a bitch.
FlyingAngle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:15 PM   #2113
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
I also cut out the underside of my inner fenders and welded in a new piece so I can set the car on the ground without rubbing. If I had 30 series fronts I can drag BN aero in a straight line and tuck the lips completely under the fenders.

Is anyone running modified front steering knuckles with wheels bigger than a 10" without rubbing at full lock?

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 10-22-2008, 08:26 PM   #2114
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Did you morons not see the post about him not wanting to have to clean this thread out again? Don't post unless you're posting something worth a fuck - either pictures or answering a relevant question.

My other buddy's Q45 to stay somewhat on topic:

18X10/11 +8/12

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 10-22-2008, 08:39 PM   #2115
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

epic wheel fitment series

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 10-23-2008, 12:56 PM   #2116
articdragon192
Post Whore!

articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192

Will get better pics soon.
18*9.5 +5
255/35-18 Federal 595RS
-3.2° camber

Oh, and this is on a Z32 rear, lol.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:06 PM   #2117
dogg4217
Leaky Injector

dogg4217 will become famous soon enoughdogg4217 will become famous soon enoughdogg4217 will become famous soon enoughdogg4217 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
more crap posts deleted.

If I keep having to sanitize this thread, I'll just lock it and put it away.
Can you put NO PICS, NO POST in the thread title?

I would hate for this thread to get locked.
dogg4217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:11 PM   #2118
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
haha then 90% of the forum wouldn't be able to post.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 05:33 PM   #2119
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
You should NOT be posting in this thread, PERIOD.

Those weak wheels and 4x4 height do not belong in this Thread. I'm just being honest,
Old 10-27-2008, 07:13 PM   #2120
sobigsofly
Leaky Injector

sobigsofly is an unknown quantity at this point
18x10 +3? something I don't remember but it looks good -2 camber sittin on 1 of the only 2 sets of enkei RP05's on the state side

Last edited by sobigsofly; 02-06-2009 at 09:57 AM..
sobigsofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:59 PM   #2121
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
How much space is there between the fender and where the wheel wouldn't fit [due to too much positive camber] in the rear.

My love for flush is equal to my love of the widest fucking wheel look.
I want to see what the widest wheel I can run without overfenders.
With basic ass guess-a-mation I'm thinking 18x12 +25/30 would be fucking perfect [in my mind; good amount of flush and good width]

Would you be able to fit wider 17's since theyre not as tall and might have more space before they smack the inner part of the fender?

<3
Old 10-27-2008, 08:48 PM   #2122
YoungGun
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fries View Post
How much space is there between the fender and where the wheel wouldn't fit [due to too much positive camber] in the rear.

With basic ass guess-a-mation I'm thinking 18x12 +25/30 would be fucking perfect [in my mind; good amount of flush and good width]

Would you be able to fit wider 17's since theyre not as tall and might have more space before they smack the inner part of the fender?

<3
That size would be like "SCREEEEEEECH" on your coilovers right?

Here's my car forever ago:

I'll get current pictures once I pull my rears and take out some cambers.

I'm not on fn's anymore btw.
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:19 PM   #2123
sobigsofly
Leaky Injector

sobigsofly is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm actually -2 camber in the rear
sobigsofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:35 PM   #2124
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fries View Post

<3
When did this happen James? I thought you were all about proper suspension geometry Formula D setup haha.
With a 18x12J you'd have to have an offset no higher than +5 or so (depending on camber), otherwise the inner wheel lip will hit the car/coilover.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:47 AM   #2125
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD View Post
17's on S14 is just terrible. Don't even think about it.
Whhaat, 17s look great on S14s!

Regamasters look different then other wheels though....say a 3 piece wheel with lip would look smaller then my wheels. The fact that they're white makes them look larger as well. Everyone always thinks I have 18s.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 10-28-2008, 09:40 AM   #2126
BillWatcher
Zilvia Junkie

BillWatcher is making a name for him/her selfBillWatcher is making a name for him/her self
kinda weak but it is what it is.

18x8.5 50mm spacer front 18/40/235

18x10 -32 no tires yet >_< (the jack is maxed out still have a lot of room to tuck)

Old 10-28-2008, 10:14 AM   #2127
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Get pics of the girl.

Oldie but goody...

18x9.5 +12 Shitty sidewall federal 225/40/18

I don't like this pull/roll as much as my current set-up...

-2.5 or something like that. I had it like this because I daily drove it.

New car is track only -4.5* LOL

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:28 AM   #2128
newb_driver
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
newb_driver will become famous soon enoughnewb_driver will become famous soon enoughnewb_driver will become famous soon enoughnewb_driver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to newb_driver

18x9.5+15/17 whatever the offset on battles are

yea, i know it needs to go lower but coilovers or suspension is acting weird.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:33 AM   #2129
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb_driver View Post

18x9.5+15/17 whatever the offset on battles are

yea, i know it needs to go lower but coilovers or suspension is acting weird.
Erika more shots of the whole back end of the car...

I've never really seen it!

(except when it looked ghetto and didn't really have a front end on it, on Lucky's trailer or whatever.)

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:07 PM   #2130
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Now, you have two choices.

#1. Get back to posting pictures of actually Wheel Fitment Examples.

or

#2. Bitch that I deleted the picture of the girl and the useless posts that went along with it and get this Thread locked.

Your choice.