Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-18-2005, 10:55 PM   #61
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
Nice. I love black on cars. Looks much better than the glitter barbie paintjob.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:58 PM   #62
aa87
Zilvia FREAK!

aa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to aa87
Damn nice, how much did that cost? in materials, labor?
aa87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 09:52 PM   #63
95civicEX
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
95civicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 95civicEX
I got it all back together today, almost at least...the antennae decided that when it powered up it would just keep going and popped right out, then it wouldn't retract at all and the motor just kept running...so I ordered a new one, should look pretty good once it comes in - http://locustom.com/shark2_kit.htm about a third the price of stock and a whole lot better looking

but yes, on to bigger and better things here are a couple of pictures from the apartment. I washed the car but as you can see just driving down the highway for 5 minutes brought out all sorts of dirt and water out of the cracks so it'll need to be washed again...the interior was also cleaned but it really needs a thorough detailing to get decent again:

and the money shot

^I left this from the original paint job just so I would never forget how it looked, if I ever get sick of it, I'll just grab another from a junkyard for $20 and switch it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa87
Damn nice, how much did that cost? in materials, labor?
the materials for everything (which includes tape, masking paper etc) is probably right around the $350-400 range, but remember this is the second time around

I got the paint from a different guy this time, if you're really interested pm me and I'll give you his info (he owns the company that makes the paint but doesn't really market it himself), I didn't bite the local shop bullet and paid half the price for better product. The labor was all done by myself except for the actual painting which cost 170 the first time and 75 the second time around (military perk and the guy that painted it and I are now friends so he cut me a deal).
95civicEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 10:55 PM   #64
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Looks nice. The doors look like they could have used some more prep though. That's funny that you left the center console that way. Time to get yourself a car duster. I use mine all the time.

Send me a pic when you get that antenna installed. I want to replace mine.
Old 06-25-2005, 02:09 AM   #65
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
sweet u need a pull and roll and slammed till the bumper bites the dust..............
Old 06-25-2005, 03:16 AM   #66
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Why the hell would he need to pull and roll his fenders with those rims?
Old 06-25-2005, 08:17 AM   #67
95civicEX
Zilvia Member

yeah there's absolutely no need for a fender roll right now...I'm wanting to get different wheels and tires, but either way I don't ever want my car so low that it requires rolling, I enjoy driving my car rather down the road, I don't want to have to worry about every little stone or dip.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:33 AM   #68
24Zero
Zilvia Junkie

24Zero has a spectacular aura about24Zero has a spectacular aura about24Zero has a spectacular aura about24Zero has a spectacular aura about24Zero has a spectacular aura about24Zero has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to 24Zero Send a message via Yahoo to 24Zero
Really nice! Loose the center console though.

My Site www.24zero.com
30D | 17-40L | 27-70L | 70-200L
Some of my work
24Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 09:43 AM   #69
kenshinS14sks
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
kenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
you should try to sell that car to the artist formerly known as prince
Old 06-25-2005, 10:13 AM   #70
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
sigh all these useless fucking posts...seriously reading comprehension owns almost all of you

cliff notes...
he pwn3d himself by not painting a test panel
painted the car flaming barbie purple metallic
repainted the car black...
kept the center console to remind him of this whole mess
smellslikecurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 11:28 AM   #71
95civicEX
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslikecurry
sigh all these useless fucking posts...seriously reading comprehension owns almost all of you

cliff notes...
he pwn3d himself by not painting a test panel
painted the car flaming barbie purple metallic
repainted the car black...
kept the center console to remind him of this whole mess
thank you, unfortunantly no one will read this either before they post.
Old 06-25-2005, 02:51 PM   #72
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
lol , well its just me tho but id like to see some big differences with all that work... its just looks like a back to stock oem paint job... which is great also...
Old 06-26-2005, 07:05 PM   #73
DrIvEsldEwAyS
Zilvia Junkie

DrIvEsldEwAyS is an unknown quantity at this point
that center console looks alot better then mine...the kid that had the car before me had it strait purple along with all the trim around the AC vents and arm rest. plus he had purple pedals and a shift knob that lit up...total disaster