Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 02-27-2007, 04:32 PM   #61

Trader Rating: (0)
180.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Forrest's s13 before he crashed it:

Forrest's s13 after...

Forrest's s14 shot from home:
180.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2007, 07:15 PM   #62
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
he sure knows how to build cars...

sexy...

how old is he btw? looks pretty young... but seems to have a lot of driving experience..
Old 02-27-2007, 07:38 PM   #63
MaRshMaLLow
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
MaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MaRshMaLLow Send a message via Yahoo to MaRshMaLLow
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cc0rd
he sure knows how to build cars...

sexy...

how old is he btw? looks pretty young... but seems to have a lot of driving experience..

yea ... i wish i had money ... now days the top drifters are the one with the money and ability to get the top quality parts .....
Old 02-27-2007, 08:03 PM   #64
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
he's 25 or so i think i forget
hes done well in hawaii before too.

u dont money to get to the top
i did top 8 at HTM last year in Brian Harte's KA 240sx with basic suspension and a totally stock KA! first time at HTM.
it wasnt even my car and ive only driven it like a few times bofore and kicked ass in it.
gotta drive like a complete nut with balls of steel is the only way to drive, imo! fast speed, high entry, early initiations and yeah. go nuts.

most of the guys you are driving against have at least 4 years+ under their belts too.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:15 PM   #65
S14Josh
Zilvia Junkie

S14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to S14Josh
Did anyone pay attention to this guy?

I thought he was doing great for being 100% stock with a welded diff. Single cam, 4x4 lol.
S14Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:17 PM   #66
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Yeah, it's not about the money at all. You gotta have the skills. If you were at pro-am nationals last november, you'd understand this. Daveed took a 90hp corolla and defeated everyone. Poor mofo couldn't make it sunday because he's lacking funds but I expect to see his ass out there at HTM in april.

Yeah, that guy did well with stock suspension. He definitely impressed me. I also thought that the guy in the red mustang had good style but just needs to make his car a little stiffer.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:36 PM   #67
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
yup the mustang was doing good i thought also, and we will see i have never drifted and my car is deing built on a budget, well see how i do
dirtdiggler666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:54 PM   #68
MaRshMaLLow
Zilvia FREAK!

MaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG
he's 25 or so i think i forget
hes done well in hawaii before too.

u dont money to get to the top
i did top 8 at HTM last year in Brian Harte's KA 240sx with basic suspension and a totally stock KA! first time at HTM.
it wasnt even my car and ive only driven it like a few times bofore and kicked ass in it.
gotta drive like a complete nut with balls of steel is the only way to drive, imo! fast speed, high entry, early initiations and yeah. go nuts.

most of the guys you are driving against have at least 4 years+ under their belts too.

oh i totaly understand what your saying .. and who am i to talk i bearly have a year under my belt ... by the way it's Luke with the white 240 hatch with the SR problems ( blown turbo gasket at HTM ) hehehe .. WAAZZZ UUUPPP
Old 02-27-2007, 11:01 PM   #69
MaRshMaLLow
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert
Yeah, it's not about the money at all. You gotta have the skills. If you were at pro-am nationals last november, you'd understand this. Daveed took a 90hp corolla and defeated everyone. Poor mofo couldn't make it sunday because he's lacking funds but I expect to see his ass out there at HTM in april.

yea you're right it's all about the skills and don't get me wrong i'm not bashing on the guy ... it's probably the jellousy talking since his car is SICK .... i just have noticed with my own car that i push it to it's limits and there is always something to upgrade to make my driving better and more responsive ... like the biggest problem i had at the Round 1 was my stock tie rods ... not enough angle was killing me at the tranzision from first to second clipping point , cuz when i was trying to hit the second clipping point if i threw the car out too far i could not recover and spin out ... so what i mean is that if we all had more money for better parts and upgrades we could probably to a lil better .. not to over kill though cuz i know guys that fully built their cars and then learn how to drift , that just kills them cuz they can't handle the car ....
Old 02-27-2007, 11:07 PM   #70
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
fyi
spacers on 10 bucks on splparts.com

SPL steering angle spacers (pair) $10

i know what u mean but relaly u dont need a fancy setup
basic stuf fis all u need
those things SHOULd be done BEFORE doing comps imo though.
w/o some basic stuff its really a 1/2assed setup
get your shit ready dood!
u doing HTM practice and comp right?
glad to see ur turbo stayed in one piece!!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 11:11 PM   #71
driftsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (54)
driftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
damn i love both of forrest's cars! sick setups
driftsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:25 PM   #72
MaRshMaLLow
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
fyi
spacers on 10 bucks on splparts.com

SPL steering angle spacers (pair) $10

i know what u mean but relaly u dont need a fancy setup
basic stuf fis all u need
those things SHOULd be done BEFORE doing comps imo though.
w/o some basic stuff its really a 1/2assed setup
get your shit ready dood!
u doing HTM practice and comp right?
glad to see ur turbo stayed in one piece!!!!

Yea i'll be doing the Comp at HTM but i dunno about the practice session in March .. i'd reather save that money and get tie rods .. thinking about Kazamas ? what do u think ?
Old 02-27-2007, 11:31 PM   #73
X 350GT X
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

X 350GT X will become famous soon enoughX 350GT X will become famous soon enoughX 350GT X will become famous soon enough

here

right on forrest, way to rep hawaii. to bad couldn't be there, would of love to experience the mainland. you guys are lucky that you guys have a place to go and drift have fun. anyways, link above is forrest's mypace.
X 350GT X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:32 PM   #74
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

no Kazama is trash
tein (ie: stock)
come w/ spacer
or just put the spacer on and align
f that fancy business. i lived 2 years w/o it
more angle is all u need. dont go nuts
Old 02-27-2007, 11:35 PM   #75
MaRshMaLLow
Zilvia FREAK!

Thumbs up

Quote:
no Kazama is trash
tein (ie: stock)
come w/ spacer
or just put the spacer on and align
f that fancy business. i lived 2 years w/o it
more angle is all u need. dont go nuts
thanx
Old 02-27-2007, 11:56 PM   #76
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Like aaron said, Kazama is total trash. The tie rod end develops play really fast. Here are the only two options worth mentioning.

For $160 you can get tein which comes with inner, outer, and spacer for more angle.

For $270 you can get the splparts.com setup with z32 inners, bumpsteer correction outers, and spacers for more angle.

For $10 you can just get the spacers from splparts.com and bring spare tie rods when you break them.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:06 AM   #77
MaRshMaLLow
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert
Like aaron said, Kazama is total trash. The tie rod end develops play really fast. Here are the only two options worth mentioning.

For $160 you can get tein which comes with inner, outer, and spacer for more angle.

For $270 you can get the splparts.com setup with z32 inners, bumpsteer correction outers, and spacers for more angle.

For $10 you can just get the spacers from splparts.com and bring spare tie rods when you break them.
lol ... thanx alot ! although i don't liek the idea of breaking tie rods .... but yea thanx alot cuz i was actually looking in to buying the Kazamas today
Old 02-28-2007, 12:08 AM   #78
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

hey what city u live in?
i might have some spacers i can sponsor u
i got some for URAS spacers for a FD but i think it fits the same for ours
ill check this weekend
i have no tie rods at home to check on
hold on and ill get back to you on it.

does this say silvia and FD3S?
i cant read japanese.
if so they are yours dood.

im so lazy i scanned them in the bag hahaha
Old 02-28-2007, 12:13 AM   #79
MaRshMaLLow
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
hey what city u live in?
ill check this weekend
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Me no Japanese ..... lol

I Live in Fullerton ... 57 / 91 freeway ..... dude that be great ... let me know and i'll just hoold off till the weekend with any shopping
Old 02-28-2007, 12:15 AM   #80
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

btw
i forgot your real name. so please tell!
i live in south oc (santa ana)
haha
im terrible w/ names.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:17 AM   #81
MaRshMaLLow
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
btw
i forgot your real name. so please tell!
i live in south oc (santa ana)
haha
im terrible w/ names.

Haha I'm Luke and by the way i did not make up this Profile name ... it use to be my g/f's before and my s*it got locked for some reason and i'm too lazy to make a new email to make a new s/n
Old 02-28-2007, 12:46 AM   #82
X 350GT X
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

X 350GT X will become famous soon enoughX 350GT X will become famous soon enoughX 350GT X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
hey what city u live in?
ill check this weekend

does this say silvia and FD3S?
i cant read japanese.
if so they are yours dood.

im so lazy i scanned them in the bag hahaha
its says fd3s below the japanese words. thanks for all the info about the tie rods.
X 350GT X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:46 AM   #83
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

yeah i mean says

xx xx & FD3s
not sure what the first part is
Old 02-28-2007, 01:23 AM   #84
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Those are sleeves. (wizardsleeves)

Anyway they may fit s chassis, but the good steering angle kit is made by super now, i think they stopped making them but if you hit up secret element they can prob get them.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:43 AM   #85
sblack13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
sblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
the kanji before fd3s is "Nissan".
sblack13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:33 AM   #86
DudeYourSoOOJDM
Zilvia Junkie

DudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to DudeYourSoOOJDM
That mustang is some kid named Jimbo from out here.....Supposedly he road races and is VERY good. That 4x4 S13 was killing it for the setup he had, def fun to watch.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:35 PM   #87
Hillkill
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Hillkill has much to be proud ofHillkill has much to be proud ofHillkill has much to be proud ofHillkill has much to be proud ofHillkill has much to be proud ofHillkill has much to be proud ofHillkill has much to be proud ofHillkill has much to be proud ofHillkill has much to be proud ofHillkill has much to be proud ofHillkill has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Any pics of the s12 during practice? I choked in qualifying so no one should have those pics.
Hillkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:53 PM   #88
blu808
Post Whore!

blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
What was the course setup like? From the pics it looks like a big circle.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:14 PM   #89
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

Trader Rating: (1)
MELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillkill
Any pics of the s12 during practice? I choked in qualifying so no one should have those pics.
Are you the s12 owner? If so your car was doing nice on the practice on Saturday. My buddy and I enjoyed watching you when we weren't running.

Blu808 - Yep you're pretty much right on the layout. Watch this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX87ya7e0NY
MELLO*SOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:55 PM   #90
blu808
Post Whore!

Thats kinda odd.

I have to get down there to check it out.

Was that on the skid pad on streets of willows?