Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:39 AM   #1
Nikeboy355
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Nikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Speed Trial USA Buttonwillow event... Sunday, Dec. 16... GRIP!...

http://www.speedtrialusa.com/buttonwillow.html

SpeedTrial USA
Sunday
December 16th
$160 (Very cheap for Buttonwillow)
Beginner to Advanced run groups
Configuration 1 CW (very similar to 13 CW)

I'm going to be there with my silver 240sx... Anyone else going?
Nikeboy355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2007, 01:10 AM   #2
hijack3d
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
hijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Might go, with Daryl and everyone, Nit... I might go.

Don't worry, it's legit: Review (Thanks Mike)
hijack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:24 AM   #3
Aoshi112
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Aoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aoshi112
damn it! I was going to go to this but my clutch is slipping.
Aoshi112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:31 AM   #4
azndummie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
azndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
ill be there in the white kouki s14, what group are u running in?
azndummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:54 AM   #5
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
Ill be out in a black fastback. Theres a good number of 240's rolling from irvine.
tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:43 AM   #6
Nikeboy355
Zilvia Addict

Nikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndummie View Post
ill be there in the white kouki s14, what group are u running in?
I'll be running in Advanced but if it's too fast I'm going to drop down to Intermediate...

Looks like there will be a couple of us going... That's tight...

I'm going to drive up on Saturday evening... Rooms are only $38.95 for the night at the Super 8 Motel...
Old 12-13-2007, 11:45 AM   #7
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
there are 7 240's and 1 s15 that i know of that will be out there. Should be fun.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:12 PM   #8
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Yep

Diff is blown but I will have to make due
Old 12-13-2007, 12:24 PM   #9
Nikeboy355
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
Diff is blown but I will have to make due
JPR Motor in South El Monte (626-575-8199) has a couple of S13 VLSD pumpkins sitting there for $250 each and there was a guy in Riverside selling a J30 VLSD for $150 in the Classifieds...
Old 12-13-2007, 12:27 PM   #10
Nikeboy355
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotacotaco View Post
there are 7 240's and 1 s15 that i know of that will be out there. Should be fun.
Hell yeah...

I'll be there with two S2000s, a K20 EG, and a DC2 Type R...

Some serious late night track prep going on right now... This is going to be fun...

Old 12-13-2007, 01:20 PM   #11
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Nice last track event we put together my car over the span of 2 all nighters. There should be a good crowd of itr's coming out. this is gonna be pretty damn fun.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:15 PM   #12
Daryl

Daryl is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Daryl
I'm glad to see more Silvia enthusiasts up for grip driving. You guys really have potential with that light weight chassis. What run groups is everyone running in? I'll be in Group A (Advance). I know there will be plenty of my FF buddies there this Sunday.
Daryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:45 PM   #13
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
I might be in advance...

450 whp should be interesting

cheap tires and weakening diff though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikeboy355 View Post
I'll be there with two S2000s, a K20 EG, and a DC2 Type R...

Some serious late night track prep going on right now... This is going to be fun...
I am just changing the oil and filling her up with pump gas
Old 12-13-2007, 02:49 PM   #14
UNITEDMASTER
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
UNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:

Well this is where all the 240 GRIP people are runing, with STUSA. I will make sure to put select STUSA events on the calender for 08. See ya at the track

MR JACKSON.
UNITEDMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:57 PM   #15
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

2008 looks to be a great year for grip racing and s-chassis. Most of us from the irvine group are just about finished with building up our brakes and suspension so no more real excuses. Push as hard as we can N/A and maybe start looking for some power. So Nitin hopefully well be seeing a lot of each other at the track.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:20 PM   #16
MomentumGT
Zilvia.net Advertiser

MomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
2008 looks to be a great year for grip racing and s-chassis. Most of us from the irvine group are just about finished with building up our brakes and suspension so no more real excuses. Push as hard as we can N/A and maybe start looking for some power. So Nitin hopefully well be seeing a lot of each other at the track.
Hopefully these s chasis will join us in NASA ST2 class this coming year as its lonely being the only 240 mixed in with ferrari's, evos, etc... Wish I could go to this event but the race car is still in pieces. Have fun and stay safe.

-Jon

momentumgt.com - "building blocks of speed"
MomentumGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:30 PM   #17
jayesone
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
jayesone is a jewel in the roughjayesone is a jewel in the roughjayesone is a jewel in the roughjayesone is a jewel in the roughjayesone is a jewel in the roughjayesone is a jewel in the roughjayesone is a jewel in the roughjayesone is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
hey nit, hit me up, I might need your help hooking up this meter. I might be able to hit up the track too.
jayesone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:33 PM   #18
Nikeboy355
Zilvia Addict

Hell yeah... '08 will be a great year for S-chassis cars...

I'm also working with the guys who put these events on to give us a DISCOUNT if we can get a group going... I'll let you guys know if I can get us a deal...

For sure I'll be going to every Buttonwillow event next year...

If you guys have pics of your cars and the significant mods... Post them up...

Stock KA24DE
KTS coilovers
Bridgestone RE01-R tires
VLSD
Carbotech XP10 brake pads

2:14 (Config 13CW)

and here are the other cars coming with me...

2:05 (Config 13CW)

2:15 (Config 13CW)

2:05 (Config 13CW)

2:12 (Config 13CW)
Old 12-13-2007, 05:11 PM   #19
Jung918
Post Whore!

Jung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfection
Tight. We got reservations at motel 6. It is like $30 for a room with 2 queen size beds.
I got got some more people to go. a mini cooper and a s2k.
Jung918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 05:14 PM   #20
Daryl

Daryl is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Daryl
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
I might be in advance...

450 whp should be interesting

cheap tires and weakening diff though

I am just changing the oil and filling her up with pump gas
Damn! You have over 200whp more than I do and probably close to 250lbs of more torque ahhaah. You're going to be carrying tons of speed entering the Esses!
Daryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:24 PM   #21
kognition
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Word, my shizzles in pizizles too. Otherwise i'd go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentumGT View Post
Hopefully these s chasis will join us in NASA ST2 class this coming year as its lonely being the only 240 mixed in with ferrari's, evos, etc... Wish I could go to this event but the race car is still in pieces. Have fun and stay safe.

-Jon
kognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:18 PM   #22
steve shadows
Post Whore!

click the link in my sig

It's lower than that now by about 1.2 inches

I think the car wieghs 2750 with me in it and a full tank

I will probably rig up some ducting for the brakes, already have a custum duct I made for air to to get to the turbo.

The car made 400whp on pump at 18, I might run 20 psi and 91 with a touch of 111 mix though we shall see

It's my first event in the car at a large track
Old 12-14-2007, 12:54 AM   #23
UNITEDMASTER
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
UNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentumGT View Post

-Jon
Hello I have had my eye on the classing in NASA for us that have SR20s. Im looking to do the Enduro at Big Willow later in the year . Where in the charts do you usually finish, & qualify IMO it will be real tough to be at the top of the charts in ST2 (depending on what cars show up) & for enduros SRs will be in unlimited (ES)

MR JACKSON.
UNITEDMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 09:06 AM   #24
ZodiacSR
Leaky Injector

ZodiacSR is making a name for him/her selfZodiacSR is making a name for him/her selfZodiacSR is making a name for him/her self
Wow!! Finally a large group of 240's are going to the track and I won't be able to make it! (Going out of the country)

Hopefully theres a large turnout and this stays consistent into next year for me to join up with you guys!

Have fun and stay safe everyone.
ZodiacSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 09:10 AM   #25
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

ka24de 250k+running strong
Jim Wolf Ecu
Hks Hipower
Spl tension ruca traction toe
nismo powerbrace
r32 gt-r brakes endless ss-s pads all around
z32 tt brake booster
235 40 17 fed 595ss
245 40 18 fed 595ss

Old 12-14-2007, 10:05 AM   #26
steve shadows
Post Whore!

I am running RT615 on 17x8s

235 40 17 front
255 40 17 rear

once they get hot I do have some traction in 2nd exit accel haha

I really do need R-comps though

Which s15 going? Is Paul planning on suprising everyone? lurking? haha
Old 12-14-2007, 11:55 AM   #27
Nikeboy355
Zilvia Addict

I'm all ready to go except for an alignment tomorrow...

So tomorrow I have to:
1. Get an alignment
2. Go to the Aspec Garage Sale
3. Go to the SP Engineering Dyno Day (I might dyno for fun)
4. Work from 4-8:30 PM in Beverly Hills
5. Then drive out to the cheap Buttonwillow motel

See you guys early Sunday morning...
Old 12-15-2007, 09:42 AM   #28
mehsilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
mehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Got out of a Christmas Party - So ill see you guys out there!

We setting up a Zilvia pit or somethin?

Im driving straight up with the Taco & Trailer so if i dont see some of you there first, look for me.

mehsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:39 AM   #29
kognition
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
If i can get all my housework done today, i will be out there in the morning to take pictures.
kognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 04:39 PM   #30
Jung918
Post Whore!

Jung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kognition View Post
If i can get all my housework done today, i will be out there in the morning to take pictures.
should I bring my g-string?
Jung918 is offline   Reply With Quote