Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:11 AM   #1
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Supra Decendent to Debut at NAIAS (Detroit Auto Show)

Allright! Can't wait to see it!

Supra's decendent will come equipped with hybrid power
Posted Nov 3rd 2006 9:27AM by Damon Lavrinc
Filed under: Detroit Auto Show, Coupes, Sports/GTs, Japan, Lexus, Toyota

It's been entirely too long since Toyota offered a credible sports car in its line up. Instead, they've rested on their laurels and let the MkIV Supra keep the Toyota performance idea alive for close to a decade. With the development of the Lexus LF-A, it's certain that Toyota's high-end car line will get a viable GT car, but what of the father-company?

According to AutoExpress, a new hi-po sports car is on its way, which draws inspiration from the LF-A and will likely be equipped with the Lexus GS450h's hybrid setup. The 3.5-liter V6 produces around 340 HP and should dispatch the sprint to 60 in under five seconds. That, coupled with a seven-speed sequential box, should strike an interesting balance between sporty acceleration and above average fuel economy.

AutoExpress has said that the 30-MPG sports car will likely be shown at this year's Detroit Auto Show and will be priced to compete with Nissan's new GT-R.

[Source: Peter Lyon/AutoExpress]
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au..._a_hybrid.html

Last edited by exitspeed; 12-28-2006 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: Title grammer change
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2006, 09:32 AM   #2
sean350z
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
sean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
340hp is not going to compete with the GT-R...i think that post is half boogus
Old 11-03-2006, 09:44 AM   #3
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean350z
It's pretty logical that Toyota would make this car. They've already tested this hybrid engine in motorsports and it held up well. They have a platform to build it on because of the LFA, so they can spread the cost around a little bit.

Your right, though that a 340hp RWD car isn't going to compete with the GTR's 450-500, on paper, but it could be a much lighter vehicle.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:52 AM   #4
sean350z
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
sean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i'm interested to see what they come up with...the styling in the link above made me puke in my mouth when i saw it, hopefully that's nothing what it will look like if this is true...

340hp in a mr2 sized car would be fun
Old 11-03-2006, 10:16 AM   #5
woodchuck
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
woodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i like the styling...looks like the new IS sorta. the front could use some work...looks too agro.
woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 08:34 PM   #6
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed
Your right, though that a 340hp RWD car isn't going to compete with the GTR's 450-500, on paper, but it could be a much lighter vehicle.
Don't you think that the hybrid technology might be "heavy"?

I can see it TRYING to compete...but NISSAN FTW!!!!
Old 11-03-2006, 10:22 PM   #7
Kallikak

Kallikak can only hope to improve
I don't care if it has 341 hp. It's still gay because it's an auto...and a hybrid.
Kallikak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 04:03 PM   #8
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean350z
remember the car has a hybrid engine. electric motors put out insane amounts of torque. with massive torque, light weight and 340hp it might put up a fight against a Skyline GTR
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 03:04 PM   #9
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM
remember the car has a hybrid engine. electric motors put out insane amounts of torque. with massive torque, light weight and 340hp it might put up a fight against a Skyline GTR
Theoretically, electric motors make unlimited torque.

Problem is that they, along with all the batteries and additional hybrid paraphenalia, are heavy.

There's absolutely no way a 3.5L V6 + hybrid will stack up against the new GTR.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:52 AM   #10
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
IS250 can be had with a stick, but it's so slow in comparison to the V6 that it doesn't even matter. Really doesn't make sense.
From what I read, the "supra" will be anywhere from priced competitively with a Z to in the $40k's. As much as I like the Toyota pics shown, used BMW 8-series are now approaching under $12k, and cars purchased new no longer seem to be worth the extra cost anymore to me.
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:20 AM   #11
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I hate the middle grill. It looks like an Alfa. There's a reason the Subby is getting rid of that style grill so quick.

But again, that is just a artist rendering, not an official design from Toyota.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:36 PM   #12
ONYX S-13
Zilvia FREAK!

ONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to ONYX S-13 Send a message via MSN to ONYX S-13
Not impressed except for the hybrid part
ONYX S-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 04:45 PM   #13
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
^but it looks like crap so far. lol.
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:17 PM   #14
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
looks like a couple of the evolution concepts I've seen.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 07:43 AM   #15
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection

All I can say, is...
Old 11-04-2006, 10:31 AM   #16
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Looks sorta like a pimped out Solaris in a way to me. Not too bad!

Not sure why Toyota would bring this hybrid out as competition for the GTR in price range...so what the hell is the new Supra going to compete with then? 500 bhp 4.8L V10 engine! If this hybrid is going to be the same price range to compete with the GTR, imagine how much the new supra would be priced at? DAMN!!!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 4

Last edited by silverarrow27; 11-04-2006 at 08:53 PM..
silverarrow27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 01:23 PM   #17
DP_Michelle G
Zilvia Addict

DP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really nice
i just showed that write up to my bf he said thats not half way true. the new supra will be powered by toyotas new 3uz v8 as of right now it's going to be offered as both coupe and vert. but yes there will be a hybrid version of the supra but not untill 2009

i will see if he will get me a pic of the new suprahe said it looks nothing like this
DP_Michelle G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:02 AM   #18
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP_Michelle G
i just showed that write up to my bf he said thats not half way true. the new supra will be powered by toyotas new 3uz v8 as of right now it's going to be offered as both coupe and vert. but yes there will be a hybrid version of the supra but not untill 2009

i will see if he will get me a pic of the new suprahe said it looks nothing like this
Who is your BF? Some top level exec at Toyota? Autoblog and Autexpress are pretty reliable sources. Plus this is inline with numerous other reports I've read.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:44 AM   #19
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed
Who is your BF? Some top level exec at Toyota? Autoblog and Autexpress are pretty reliable sources. Plus this is inline with numerous other reports I've read.
Your BF needs to check his sources. Toyota announced it's plans for this new car. http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2006/12/post.html . Like i stated earlier numerous sources have stated that Toyota's "Supra" replacement will be a hybrid. Also to add to that, Toyota has also said that they will have a replacement for the Celica that will also be a hybrid.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:48 AM   #20
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
This months Road & Track just arrived in the mail and has the Toyota sports car on the cover. Hybrid with 0-60 of 4.0 seconds. Meant to slot in where the Supra left for Gen Xers hitting 40.
Car looks great.
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 08:54 PM   #21
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
DP_Michelle G: That picture is of the the new Toyota supercar, not the Supra. The picture is of the "son of the supra".
Old 11-06-2006, 05:08 PM   #22
BC240
Zilvia Junkie

BC240 will become famous soon enoughBC240 will become famous soon enoughBC240 will become famous soon enoughBC240 will become famous soon enoughBC240 will become famous soon enough
shortmsglength :ghey:
BC240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:03 PM   #23
SiI40sx
BANNED

SiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SiI40sx
bugatti + 08 skyline = "craptasic" supra
SiI40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:29 PM   #24
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
notice the rendering ripped off the gtr's front fenders?
Old 11-11-2006, 08:45 PM   #25
deadpirate
Zilvia FREAK!

deadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to deadpirate Send a message via Yahoo to deadpirate
wtf?????????? omfg dkfoiasdfjgasdfhskdfcyuzxjcjdsouhfgsd that shit is opdsfjusdofjsdoif jfvucsji ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
deadpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:29 AM   #26
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I don't like it at all. I like the shape of the headlights, just not on that body style.
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:56 AM   #27
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

^
Is this the same pic?
Old 12-28-2006, 08:21 PM   #28
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
hmmm imagine the chassis flex heheheh kidding

i wish they would jus produce a coupe version of the IS350 and just compete with the G35 series. http://www.benlevy.com/auto/show/cas06/is350.jpg

So is this car like a model below the supra? then they will come out with a new supra as their flagship sports car? then produce a new celica as well?

Are we gonna end up with the $40k Japanese sports cars of the 90s again?

i woulda loved to see styling taken from the 2000gt but then again it looks like a z
Old 12-29-2006, 07:43 AM   #29
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek
hmmm imagine the chassis flex heheheh kidding

i wish they would jus produce a coupe version of the IS350 and just compete with the G35 series. http://www.benlevy.com/auto/show/cas06/is350.jpg

[/IMG]
Your wish will come true soon enough. I'd expect to see a concept very soon. If not tis year for sure next year.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:35 PM   #30
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Pics here: http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/12/...ept/#more-4578

It better have a fuckin' manual.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote