Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-08-2007, 11:50 AM   #1
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
my bacon is always soggy

I don't understand zilvia, every morning I make Bacon, Eggs and Toast... For some reason my bacon is always soggy... What am I doing wrong with my life?

To top it off, my egg failed this morning. I totalled my egg. I had to dump it and fry up another one.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:58 AM   #2
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
you could allways get turkey bacon, it never gets soggy... but I like real pigs.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:00 PM   #3
Darius2250

Darius2250 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Darius2250
In The Skillet or On The Griddle:

Safety first: Shield yourself from spattering fat. When the sound of sizzle hit the ears, the dish-washing gloves hit the hands.

Prepare a plate for the finished bacon ahead of time. Layer two paper towels on a plate and have another paper towel at the ready.

If frying in a pan, choose a pan large enough to accommodate the full length of the bacon strips. The more room you have to work with, the better your chance of success.

Lay the bacon in the pan or on the skillet BEFORE turning on the heat. Do not let slices overlap - not even a little.

Cook on a setting slightly above medium. Too much heat means the bacon will cook too quickly. A cooking time that exceeds five minutes is not only fine, it is preferred.

As the bacon begins to shrink, flip each slice separately with a fork - make sure the slices remain as flat as possible after flipping. At this point, flip each slice at least once every 45 seconds.

Drain off excess fat midway though cooking time -- about 2 minutes after the bacon begins to sizzle. Carefully remove pan from heat, hold the bacon down with a wide spatula and tilt pan to drain fat into a container. There's no need to get rid of all the liquid - just enough so the slices don't have to swim and fry at the same time.

Well-made griddles allow the fat to drain though the nature of their construction. Forget this step if using one.

Finished bacon will be brown and firm, not necessarily crispy in the pan. With a fork, transfer each finished slice to the plate lined with paper towels. When all the pieces are there, dab the top-side of all slices with the other paper towel.

Turn off the heat. Remove the gloves. Pat yourself on the back. Your crispy bacon is now ready to serve and enjoy.
Darius2250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:05 PM   #4
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

MELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfection
Try this, sleep till noon and then just make/eat a sandwich when you wake up. Man I am way too tired to even think of cooking breakfast in the morning... Redbull is healthy way to start the day right?

Edit: Fletchers pepper bacon is great if you can find someone to wake they ass up early and cook it for you. Also, turkey bacon ftw.
MELLO*SOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:09 PM   #5
woodchuck
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
woodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
there is a show on food network with a dude named alton brown. he put bacon in the oven. came out REAL crisp and it didn't even take that long to cook.
woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:23 PM   #6
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Alton Brown is dope. He's the Bill Nye the Science guy of cooking.

Chewy Bacon > Cripsy Bacon anyway.

Jalepeno poppers filled with bacon and monterjack cheese are the shit.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:26 PM   #7
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed
Chewy Bacon > Cripsy Bacon anyway.

Jalepeno poppers filled with bacon and monterjack cheese are the shit.
amen to that brother!!! yes chewy bacon > crispy bacon. jalapeno poopers with bacon, and cheese ftw.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:40 PM   #8
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe
amen to that brother!!! yes chewy bacon > crispy bacon. jalapeno poopers with bacon, and cheese ftw.

Jalapeno's
Montery Jack Cheese
Bacon, fried then crumbled
2 Beaten Egg's
Bread Crumbs
Veg or Conola Oil

Fry up some bacon and crumble it up. Then take a whole, large jalapeno, stem and all, cut it down the side. Stuff it with the bacon and montery jack cheese. Then dip stuffed Jalapeno's in beaten egg, then coat with bread crumbs. Two at a time carefully place Jalapeno's into hot oil. Fry until Crumbs are golden brown. Let cool and enjoy with a 6 pack!

Warning: The first couple bites are not going to be hot. Once you get closer to the stem were the membrane is they'll start heating up real good.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:00 PM   #9
s13poop
Post Whore!

s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to s13poop
i love breakfast!

i can have it at anytime of the day

mmmMMmmmMm... bacon and eggs

this thread makes me hungry

BREAKFAST FTW!!
Old 01-08-2007, 01:03 PM   #10
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
I <3 this thread. I actually started cooking breakfast recently, good timing.

more breakfast recipes please.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:14 PM   #11
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I usually only eat breakfast if I go out to diner the night before and have some filet left over.

Steak and Eggs is the best breakfast ever. MMMMmmm, how I love when the blood from the steak runs all into my fried eggs. *droooooooooool*
Old 01-08-2007, 01:19 PM   #12
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
How can you screw up cooking eggs?

It's like tying your shoes.

Buy better cookware maybe.

Just put the bacon in an oven (or toaster oven) on baking sheet with a tray on it. The elevation will allow both sides to cook and not have the bacon sitting in its own grease.

Paper towels are never good for fried foods. Maybe use grocery paper bags if you have to, but if you cook on a rack, no need.

This morning I made homemade hash browns and a omelette.

Always cook eggs on low heat to prevent them from being chewy. Also, try to undercook them slightly so that the egg is moist.

I don't eat bacon, cause MOMMA COOK DA BREAKFAST WIT NO HAWG!

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:04 PM   #13
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

MELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13poop
i love breakfast!

i can have it at anytime of the day

mmmMMmmmMm... bacon and eggs

this thread makes me hungry

BREAKFAST FTW!!

baconnnnnnnn aghghhhhhhhhh
Old 01-08-2007, 04:29 PM   #14
JSpecBnr32
Zilvia Junkie

JSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to JSpecBnr32 Send a message via MSN to JSpecBnr32
Eddie your a noob can't cook your bacon lol!
Old 01-08-2007, 04:43 PM   #15
origin_s135
Zilvia FREAK!

origin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfection
god damn it. this is making me hungry and i'd already ate!
origin_s135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:45 PM   #16
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Tech_Weapons

To top it off, my egg failed this morning. I totalled my egg. I had to dump it and fry up another one.
how bad is the yolk? would you be willing to part out the yolk to me? thanks
Old 01-08-2007, 04:51 PM   #17
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Secret to fast hash browns is microwave the potato whole first for like 7 minutes, then chop up and then fry.

Otherwise it takes forever to cook a raw potato until soft.

It's all about the Purity Brand portguese sausage, eggs, and rice.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
Old 01-08-2007, 05:01 PM   #18
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

linguica and scrambled eggs ftw..
Old 01-08-2007, 05:21 PM   #19
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
Time for you to get a raised iron skillet. Cook with a higher temp as well. Olive oil makes everything more crispy. F butter.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:43 PM   #20
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot
Time for you to get a raised iron skillet. Cook with a higher temp as well. Olive oil makes everything more crispy. F butter.
Nahhh son

Teflon for that easy clean up. A little splash of vegetable oil all you need.

Clean up with a wet paper towel.

Butter is okay for omelettes but anything with a long cook time is fucked with butter.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
Old 01-08-2007, 05:46 PM   #21
s13poop
Post Whore!

s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products
Secret to fast hash browns is microwave the potato whole first for like 7 minutes, then chop up and then fry.

Otherwise it takes forever to cook a raw potato until soft.

It's all about the Purity Brand portguese sausage, eggs, and rice.

i never had eggs and rice on the same plate!

is it good?

can anyone else vouch for this??

cause im thinking of trying it
Old 01-08-2007, 05:53 PM   #22
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Quote:

is it good?

are you crazy?

rice + eggs + any breakfast meat, its the shit!

maybe its a hawaii thing

if u true gangsta you cook a sunny side up joint, and let the runny yolk over the rice

portguese sausage eggs rice plate at hawaii mcdonalds!

real talk!

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
Old 01-08-2007, 05:58 PM   #23
woodchuck
Zilvia Junkie

woodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud of
Quote:

is it good?

ohhh man you're missing out. eggs+rice + breakfast meat is the way to rock it.

the egg yolk gives the rice some flavor when you mix the two together. kick it up a notch and fry the rice in the breakfast meat fat (for example spam fried rice) and its all grood. not healthy but real hearty.
woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:08 PM   #24
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Eggs and rice are a norm...
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:12 PM   #25
kensreliableb18b
Zilvia Addict

Location: so cal - 626, 909, 562 and 949. 818 if i feel like running away
kensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nice
o yeaaaaa eggs and rice and meat? gimme some of that loco moco!!!
kensreliableb18b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:39 PM   #26
kdashy
Zilvia FREAK!

kdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kdashy
I want me some of that purity sausage.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:47 PM   #27
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
I keep it simple. Bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on Lender's Square Bagels. Yummy!
Old 01-08-2007, 07:53 PM   #28
s13poop
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products
are you crazy?

rice + eggs + any breakfast meat, its the shit!

maybe its a hawaii thing
yeah..

maybe its cause im mexican

and you know how we like to wrap everything in a flour tortilla

meats + cheese + eggs= the norm

hahahaha
Old 01-08-2007, 08:14 PM   #29
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
Cast Iron is still my choice. Clean up isnt bad at all. Just dont forget NO SOAP. Use an abrasive pad and it takes 1 min to clean and then you oil it everynow and then with whatever you cook with. I bought a teflon omlett pan thingy and it had no flavor compared to my iron skillet. Used it twice.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:14 PM   #30
RJF
Super Administrator & Bean Counter

RJF has disabled reputation
Thick sliced bacon on either your broiler pan or a baking sheet with cooling rack, so the fat can drip away. Bacon always comes out crispy.