Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #31
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMSmith View Post
How does a pill of fish oil and oatmeal helps us to loose weight?
Fish oil helps your joints, from what I'm told. I've only heard anecdotal stuff about losing weight.
Oatmeal helps because it's incredibly filling and fiber makes you shit.

Calorie reduction and aerobic exercise help you lose weight. I posted in 2010 that I'd lost 40 pounds. It's 2013 and I've lost over a hundred.

Stop drinking soda, stop consuming sugar, and bread makes you fat. fish oil and oatmeal aren't some magic bullet.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #32
bmar19
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
bmar19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
eat low carbs and drink a lot of water,,,no sweats....losing and cutting down on weight is not how much exercise you do..its what you eat...low carbs no sweats and water is best then exercise will help tremendously

My dad is a personal trainer

plus its what i minor in along with my doctorate as a sports physician
bmar19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #33
D14
Leaky Injector

D14 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm 6'4 188 lbs, down from 234. Goal is 180 lbs or so, then I plan on coming back up with a clean bulk when I can afford a gym membership again (body weight will only get you so far).

First off there's no secret and no trick to losing weight. It really does come down to calorie deficit. If you want to lose weight then you need to use more calories than you consume. The only "help" I had is naturally weird eating habits. I've always hated things like cheese (ugh), ranch dressing, mayo, seafood, etc.

My typical breakfast is steel cut oats with fruit (usually berries), or muesli with almond milk, a glass of cranberry juice and lots of water.

A typical lunch is brown rice and/or steamed vegetables, grilled chicken breast, more water. The crystal light idea someone mentioned earlier is great. Breaks up the monotony of only drinking water.

Dinner is basically the same thing as lunch but without the brown rice and smaller portions. The reason being I'm not very active the last 3-4 hours of the day so there's no point in eating a big dinner or stuffing myself with carbs I'm not going to use.

Snacks are fruit, rice cakes with peanut butter, pickles (pickles are usually under 5 calories), fiber bars, light popcorn (90 cal), etc.

Now one big thing to note is that I absolutely hate cooking. When I'm hungry I want to eat right now. Not in 20-30 minutes. So I buy steam in bag vegetables, I get store bought muesli instead of making it myself, the grilled chicken is usually Target house brand or Tyson pre-cooked slices. I can make a whole day's worth of food in roughly 10 minutes. I'll steam a bag of vegetables and then put half of it in the fridge for that night or the next day.

A few things to avoid:

Sauces. Sauces will get you every time. That includes dressings and condiments. People will get a salad or whatever and then drown it in blue cheese dressing. Your nice sub-300 calorie lunch just doubled because you poured a bottle of fat and oil over the top then garnished it with bacon and croutons, way to go.

Excessive amounts of carbs. I don't do keto because I don't like being tired all of the time and it's just hard to stick with. On the other hand though, I don't eat a lot of them and I don't eat them when I know I'm not going to be able to burn them. IE, some carbs in the morning is okay, a big plate of pasta an hour before you go to sleep is not. Also, carbs make you retain water. Every time I hit up Taco Tuesday I spend the next 2 days trying to dump that extra 2-3 pounds of water you suck up when you eat a ton of carbs.

Cheat MEALS not cheat DAYS. A burger once or twice a weak isn't going to kill you but you still need to mind your calorie deficit. I eat 1500-1800 calories a day, so if I want to go to Five Guys tomorrow for dinner that means I need to scale the rest of my intake accordingly. People fuck up with cheat days because they think "OH IT'S MY CHEAT DAY! I'M GONNA GO TO DUNKIN' DONUTS FOR BREAKFAST, WENDY'S FOR LUNCH AND BUFFALO WILD WINGS FOR DINNER!". Don't do that. Any progress you made will be negated the moment you decide to stuff 3 days worth of calories in you face.

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever go to Italian restaurants. There is nothing in those places that is even remotely good for you. I've got a friend that is addicted to pasta and with him it's 2 steps forward, 1 step back because he can't stop stuffing pasta in his mouth every other day. He's been on Keto for like 2 years now and yeah he's lost weight but after 3 years he should be a lot smaller than he is.

Don't eat things that people bring in to work. That slice of cake and ice cream at Sheryl's 34th birthday celebration in the breakroom just added 400 calories to your day. Don't even get me started on the pizza.

Things to do:

Drink lots of water.

Crystal light is your friend.

Eat lots of fiber.

Get a good gender specific multivitamin.

Don't keep junk food in the house.

Put an app on your phone to monitor your calories.

Avoid people that say you already look fine or you're too skinny, they are not your friends, they're enablers.

Don't be afraid to cheat within reason every so often (I still go out to eat 2-3 times a week).

And if you can afford to LIFT.

Don't get a gym membership and then go do cardio bullshit. That will do very little for you. Lifting tones you up and raises your metabolism, plus, you get stronger.
D14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:44 PM   #34
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
diets don't work, just eat healthy and use common sense.

The real key is working your butt off in the gym (no pun intended). cardio and lift cardio and lift and the weight will just fall off.

I am to the point now were I pretty much just eat whatever I want. I actually have to or I crash. I burn like 6k+ calories on most days (lifting in the morning then mma/bjj after work). I don't have the best metabolism either, I used to be a bit chubby. I actually will wake up in the middle of the night and eat a big old pb and j sandwich and a big glass of milk. The only time I am strict with my diet anymore is when cutting weight aka hell... then the only thing I will eat is chicken, fish, eggs, and fat free cottage cheese... try doing that for a month...
word sux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #35
bornslippy73
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (45)
bornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 45 reviews
Keep your workout and new lifestyle of healthy eating plain and simple.

Minimum 2 hours of working out a day for 6 to 7 days a week, but I and everyone else can go on and on of what works for us and may work for you in the end you will have to develop your own regimental workout plan and gradually transition into a healthier lifestyle of eating...not "dieting".

This is called a lifestyle change for a reason. This is long term as in for the rest of your life no more bad chronic habits of consuming empty calories.

No one is perfect and we all have our "cheat days", but you earn these cheat days.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #36
skyline_guy777
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
skyline_guy777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
From a personal trainer point of view, you need to write down every meal you eat in one day get all the calories from each meal, proteins, fats, carbs it will give you a base of exactly where your at. Post it up here for me or pm if you wish I can help tweak it for you if you want. We can't tell you what to eat and how much until I see exactly what your eating. As well are you doing any training at all? Do you work a labour intensive job etc? These all play factors in your body's shape. But one thing I can say 4 litres of water a day minimum is needed
Old 08-17-2013, 03:18 AM   #37
RonMSmith

RonMSmith is an unknown quantity at this point
Neverthless I totally agree with this point well can you tell me is there any problem If my wife use fish oil?Actually she is using
Ventouse Anti-cellulite
it is a slimming product,so can I know how much carbs and fat is present in fish oil?
RonMSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #38
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

Fish oil is good fat. You need fat in your diet. I take a metric fuck ton of fish oil daily, about 10,000mg daily. I abuse my joints pretty bad.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #39
seesquared
Leaky Injector

seesquared is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
This.

I just discovered this a month ago and it's the best invention ever! I've been trying all the flavors, the best is the Orange, Lemonade, and Pink Lemonade. Sugar Free Kool Aid is great too..and the knockoff Winn-Dixie brand fruit punch flavor if you have that store in your area.

Just be careful with the Crystal Light. I too love the stuff but it has Aspartame in it. I am not trying to sound all conspiracy theorist and what not, but aspartame generally does not have a healthy image attached to it. Personally, I don't use it anymore and in my opinion is worse than natural sugar.

A few people already nailed it on the head with keeping it simple. Think of food as fuel (Do I really NEED that for my goal?). Just eat clean and exercise. But you have to figure out what works for YOU. And yes, have a cheat meal or cheat day.
seesquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #40
S14 Ender
Leaky Injector

S14 Ender is an unknown quantity at this point
Easiest way to lose weight is accountability, download loseit or myfitnesspal and start recording everything you eat. Once you see how much all the food you are consuming "costs" it will make it a lot easier to eat healthy. It's all about seeing how much you're eating and if you are under or over your goal. Obviously I'm assuming you're doing diet and exercise.
S14 Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #41
cheekanuble

cheekanuble is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey you? You wanna lose weight?

Then fucking listen up :

Get yourself a bottle that you can refill that is HPA free and that has measurement on the side. Drink 2 liters a fucking day.

Stop eating fucking fast food you fat ass.

I mean really stop eating fast food, don't fucking have it anymore.

Exercise 3 times at least a fucking week. Go to the fucking gym, get yourself a fucking membership, and work your ass off in there. Get some fucking friends to motivate your fat ass.

If you can't go to the fucking gym, then get in your fucking car and drive off a bridge. Or take up running and try to run 5km (3.2 miles for you retarded non-metric fucks) in under 30 minutes. 5-6 DAYS A FUCKING WEEK.

Don't be a pussy.

Don't lie to your fucking self, if you don't do it, you'll stay fat you fat fuck.

Just fucking eat clean - you wanna lose fucking weight? Then stop stuffing you fat ass mouth with so much fucking bread and butter. Carbs are bitches to fat fucks like you.

That means, if you didn't fucking understand : Eat fucking vegetables - don't have a fuckin' v8, I know you like cars but you can't drink a fucking engine. Unless you're a really fat fuck which you may be, in that case you might already be fucking dead.

Plan your shit, if you don't plan your fucking meal, you're gonna eat shit. Especially at work you lazy fucking bum.

If you have to eat fast food, don't go for the fuckin' trio you fat motherfucker. Get the burger then get the fuck out. Be hungry and hate yourself for the rest of the fucking day. I know I would.

Chicken, just put that dead poultry's tits on a pyrex plate and fucking bake that shit in the oven with some fucking spices for 30 minutes at 450.
That chicken's good with every fucking thing - put it ina fucking salad with a bunch of fucking vegetables you got in your fat ass fridge. Cucumbers, tomatoes, green onions, cashews or peanuts and a bit of cheese. Not a fucking brick like I know you like to put in your food. You fat.

Chicken on a god damn pita pizza? hellz yeah. Chicken on a tortilla with some salsa? BAM home made ghetto ass quesadillas. Yeah I went all mexican on your fat ass.

Chicken, It's full of proteins and good shit, it's easy to fucking cook for a lazy fat fuck and it gets the job done.

Now for breakfast -

You have 2 fucking choices : Fucking fruits or motherfucking omelettes

Fruits are easy as fuck, but they're not cheap.

Omelettes require your fat ass to clean some more plates and shit after you're done, and you're not about extra efforts because obviously, you're fat.

Just go with the fruits, you may be fat but you're not fucking cheap, are ya?

Fruit salad, no watermelon, that shit doesn't last long.
Get some fucking cantalope, grapes, pineapples, apples and whatever the fuck else you like, get some oasis pure breakfast juice in there, shake it up and take a fucking bowl every morning with a toast with some peanut butter on it. You're fat, but you won't be hungry. And that shit'll last you for 3 days if you make enough, which I know you will. Cause you're fat.

Oh, is that a spark of motivation I still waving through the layers of disgusting fat in your triple chin? Then make an omelette.
2 eggs in that bitch, bit of milk, some tobasco sauce or sriracha (that shit aint for fucking pussies), salt n peppa on that bitch (not the singers, I know you'd eat humans if you could... cause you're fat.) then shove some fucking left over vegetables you got chopped up, and shove them in the fucking egg fuckfest you created when you dropped it in the pan. again, green onions, mushrooms, brocoli, tomatoes, hell whatever you fucking want.
if you're feeling real fuckin' motivated, get yourself half an avocado, it helps you fucking digest fat for the rest of the day. So you self consume yourself instead of relying on Ronald's dick cheese.

Don't fucking snack on gay shit like chips anymore. You eatin' rice crackers now. They taste like shit but they won't make you feel like shit.

Take it easy on fucking mayonaise and butter. You fucking fat ass.

Oh you made it to lunch, Fatty Mcfuckfuck?

Go to subway and get yourself a 6 inch veggie motherfucking sandwich. And don't put the three sauces you usuallyput on your extra bacon, extra meatballs italian sandwich you usually take. They probably know your first name and laugh about you when you leave the store with your fat ass.

Good, now we covered the fucking food.

Now, if you managed to roll your way to your gym, got yourself a fatty mcfuckfuck ++ membership special because they pitied you, get yourself a simple training program and stick to it. You're fat, for fuck's sake.

if you eat clean, stay clean and DON'T DRINK TOO MUCH FUCKING BEER WHILE YOU WORKING ON YOUR CAR, you might lose 5 pounds on the first month. and get some muscles. Muscles are manly as shit, bitches love muscles. You like bitches you fatty mcfuckfuck? then get some fucking muscles.

You're welcome, fat ass.

Take it from me fatty mcfucktwat, I used to weigh 120 pounds of skinny fucking fatness, I'm now 14-fucking-5 in a year and a half of workout and awesomeness. I'm playing AAA soccer now and bitches love me. It's fucking worth it.
cheekanuble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #42
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

Some helpful tips, for snacks get some smoked or roasted almonds. They are awsome and easy to keep around at work. Pre cook your work lunch! Get a big cast iron skillet, sear the chicken on both sides then toss the whole thing in the oven at 425 until it hits 170 inside. Juicy delisious chicken! Protein shakes no milkgg for breakfast and egg white omelets no cheese. Also remember once you get closer to your goal you dont have to be as strict.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #43
seesquared
Leaky Injector

seesquared is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by word sux View Post
Some helpful tips, for snacks get some smoked or roasted almonds. They are awsome and easy to keep around at work. Pre cook your work lunch! Get a big cast iron skillet, sear the chicken on both sides then toss the whole thing in the oven at 425 until it hits 170 inside. Juicy delisious chicken! Protein shakes no milkgg for breakfast and egg white omelets no cheese. Also remember once you get closer to your goal you dont have to be as strict.

Agreed on the almonds and the chicken. I do a lot of chicken in the skillet. After a few trial and errors, my chicken started coming out awesome. And not a lot of time either
seesquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #44
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

I almost forgot, sauces can be the enemy. But hot sause can be.your best friend. Use as much as yoy want. Same goes foe salsa!