Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-10-2014, 08:41 PM   #1
Jared Noriega
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Jared Noriega is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Zenki>Kouki (warning, many pictures)

Let me start off by saying i like both models for their own reasons and am not really biased. This thread may convert some of you Kouki owners over to Zenki though, lol

Here is some of my old s14 projects/cars (all started 4x4/4 lug/slow)

My first 240sx, Ka-->Sr

My RB car, built and painted from a shell by me.

I took a break from 240's to get an rx7 where i wanted it...until i found a cheap car that needed a ton of work. I put my Fd on hold.
Im 22 and can't really build a car in a week, nor afford it, so i started this build after i got the car close to finished for ease of reading and short distances between updates
I know its not much in the picture but big things on the way i promise.

---Ka/4 lug/lowering springs/pretty much stock/broken window/rust/bent core support/and needed body work---

Lots of this under trim and near fender wells..

Took care of rust the first day and started on body work ... everywhere
(just a sample)

Some primer was laying around i used to cover the chassis for a solid coat and get rid of the blotchy rattle can primer so it wouldn't react with the base coat reducer.

(good amount of body work here)

Had to get these pretty for the next picture i take, it was a lot easier than i thought and really updates the look of the car.

piss yellow

to crystal clear

Ill update more soon and i hope everyone enjoys. Feel free to ask any questions and ill be more than happy to answer or help!
Jared Noriega is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2014, 08:55 AM   #2
Chaluska
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Chaluska is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
damn good job on those headlights. look like brand new!
Old 05-11-2014, 01:47 PM   #3
Jared Noriega
Leaky Injector

Just a bit of wet sanding and a little buffing, thanks.

Here it is a day or two after paint, not really bolted together.

I picked up some five lug and z brakes too, very necessary upgrades for any s-chassis.

I rebuilt them too..

I got some wheels for the hub conversion and started wet sanding the clear.

I obviously wasn't going ka with this one, more updates to come tomm, its coming along pretty nicely at this point. Just looking for any affordable turbo motor...

Old 05-11-2014, 02:11 PM   #4
CamberWear
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
CamberWear is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Zenki front all day. IMO it just flows better with the rest of rounded, smooth, simple body of the s14. Care to share your method of restoring the headlights? Nice work
Old 05-11-2014, 04:40 PM   #5
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Wet sand by hand or an orbital sander with 1000 and work your way up to 3000. Be careful if you use power tools, you can mark up or melt the plastic pretty easily. Seal the headlights when you're finished and they'll remain clear for a long time, otherwise you'll be doing it again.

Jared, glad to see you're still around, are these old pics? Or is this a new one you've picked up?
Old 05-11-2014, 06:36 PM   #6
Jared Noriega
Leaky Injector

^I was just checking up on yours haha, put down some impressive times.

I just did 1500, then wool cut and cleared on my headlights. The clearing didn't improve the look at all though, just provided some UV protection.

As far as the pictures these are probably from the beginning of the year. Looking for the cheap turbo motor was probably the wrong idea but led to bigger better things. But cheaper than the Fd any day.

This post is all about the engine
I picked up an sr that had no starter but was sworn to run, i got a starter 2 days later and it was fubar

They all looked like this, compression was like 20-80 across the board

I sold the turbo and found Cp's and Eagles for cheap

Wanted to get fresh everything because of how beat up the pistons were
Pumps
Oem gasket kit
Hot tanked/decked/arp's

Theres more ill update with on the chassis and aero next post
Old 05-17-2014, 07:54 AM   #7
Jared Noriega
Leaky Injector

So i don't really like the idea of a bent core support with a chassis thats getting a painted engine bay so it was drilled out and i found a pretty fresh one to bolt up to have a mint front end.

Let me start off by saying i wasn't a fan of the xxr's and went with some 35th anniversary z wheels to make it look more stock.

This is the drilled out battery tray and new core support all rusted up

cleaned that up

Heres a test fit before i painted it to protect it from any humidity or surface rust

2k/epoxy hybrid primer

After stripping the bay, fixing this bad rust spot and waiting for the seam sealer to dry, i primed it with the same paint as well.

Gross

This is probably the third or fourth time i have done this and it is killer getting every last tab and clip out of the bay and sanding old greasy oil spots the pressure washer didn't hit.. but it sure is worth it.

This color is the crazy looking scion cement grey metallic paint i had laying around, i figured it would make the nsx green valve cover pop.

Heres a quick test fit before tranny is on, the panels were taken back off and the motor pulled. A few spots on the chassis need to have a bolt extractor/ helicoil so the panels were pulled as well.

I didn't want to show the aero yet but i guess this gives it away, oh well. Once this thing gets a new windshield, ohhh lawd

Mmm mm i sure do love the look