Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #1741
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Is there any info on the wing? Website?
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #1742
NismoTuner21
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
NismoTuner21 will become famous soon enoughNismoTuner21 will become famous soon enoughNismoTuner21 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
That shit looks SO sick.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:17 AM   #1743
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Less 3/4 shots. More straight on.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #1744
Johny5
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Johny5
ask and you shall receive!

i thought these were really cool, figured i'd share. my good friend Sy Pham shot them and did an amazing job imo

Old 05-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #1745
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Stew
The link for the brake lines didn't come up
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:19 AM   #1746
Johny5
Post Whore!

Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
I'm sorry, which link for the brake lines?
Old 05-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #1747
hypercrush
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
hypercrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
god DAMN! 8==D

hella boners
Old 05-15-2012, 11:51 PM   #1748
shoryuuu
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
shoryuuu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
here r a few more:

shoryuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:39 AM   #1749
PureRush
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
PureRush is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny5 View Post
power of SPG COMBINE!!!

pure rush, what part of the system are you looking to do? Gas lines convert to -6AN if they don't need to be upsized for high hp, oil cooler and remote filter lines should always be -10AN, powersteering return line (low pressure to reservoir) is -10AN equivalent, power steering rack feed and return are both -6AN (high pressure side requires special hose), clutch/brakes are -3AN, etc etc
I wanna do the radiator hoses and I need to know what size to use for the oil sensor thats screwed into the block on a KA24DE. How do you determine the sizes of AN hose to use?
PureRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:07 AM   #1750
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureRush View Post
I wanna do the radiator hoses and I need to know what size to use for the oil sensor thats screwed into the block on a KA24DE. How do you determine the sizes of AN hose to use?
The "AN" size is in 16th's of an inch. If you're replacing 1 1/4" hose, that's 20AN. 1/2" line = 8an, etc. Replacing 5/16" fuel lines, that' -5an, but no one makes -5an shit so you convert to -6an. Lots of tricks, but that's the rule.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #1751
Royal_T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Royal_T is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My boy Stew holding it down... Pics look really good but I don't aspect anything less from Sy.... Time to do work this weekend bro.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #1752
flatout
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
flatout is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
this is one of my favorite cars..theres a couple of shots of it in the new keep drifting fun movie also
flatout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #1753
PureRush
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
PureRush is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
The "AN" size is in 16th's of an inch. If you're replacing 1 1/4" hose, that's 20AN. 1/2" line = 8an, etc. Replacing 5/16" fuel lines, that' -5an, but no one makes -5an shit so you convert to -6an. Lots of tricks, but that's the rule.
Oh okay that makes more sense. But why don't they make -5AN?
PureRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:06 AM   #1754
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Didnt know that good info
Old 05-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #1755
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Is there any info on the wing? Website?
Yes most important! Sick build!
Old 05-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #1756
HellaDough
Leaky Injector

HellaDough is an unknown quantity at this point
thats it?!
HellaDough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #1757
Johny5
Post Whore!

thats a BCL wing gentlemen...Big Country Labs. Owned by 2 of the coolest dudes in the scene. Wings for the people/by the people, at an extremely affordable price!

http://www.facebook.com/bigcountrylabs

Hit them up! They'll be flooding the market soon!

they're great at punting cones

Old 05-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #1758
bftII40
Zilvia Member

bftII40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice web site !
bftII40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:12 PM   #1759
Johny5
Post Whore!

thank you glad you like it!

I'm still stuck under the car nonstop these days trying to work out some minute details to get the car exactly where I want it. Florida was a great testing ground to prove some of my theories right and some of them wrong. By the time qualifying rolled around all was well with the car. I achieved 5th place qualifier and was up against Josh Steele in top 16. My lead run was on point and everything was going great, I had gotten a definite advantage. On my follow run that T56 came knocking. I was on the e-brake a bit more than usual to adjust to Josh's line and had to rush my 4-3, boom, 5th. My blockoff plate must've moved over or something. So I finished in ~9th or 10th place I believe (if I calculated correctly) and may have taken a decent fall in points. However, this was a great learning event. It truly was amazing realizing the changes in grip and putting down power on these Falkens! The following are some sweet pics I've come across from the event. Truly was a pleasure driving with rippers such as J.Lowe and Chelsea!

While in Florida I also had the pleasure of meeting up with Garrett Wade who does some killer work behind the lens of a camera, here's how a couple of the shots turned out

So, in the spirit of the never ending build thread, some changes have to be made to the car. Going to adjust the range my rear sway endlinks give me for some more allowance in my setup. I'll also be switching to a new set of spindles. Moving to the new front spindles presents some obstacles though. Recently I did my QA1 high mis. outter tie rods and machined spacers for adjustable bumpsteer but my balljoints are still OEM. George Marstanovic has just finished some prototype 3/4" high mis spherical bearings that can press into the s14 FLCA oem balljoint hole. Now I just need to machine some tapers and spacers so I can setup my front RC and bumpsteer to my liking to make up for OE height style spindles. Thanks to Stance Suspension and Swift springs I'll also be playing with rear rates to find the sweet spot in the new setup.

I feel like we're right on the verge of the perfect car. It acts and reacts just as I'd want it to and I feel very connected with it while driving. Summit Point will be my next event and I'm coming guns blazing
Old 05-31-2012, 06:59 PM   #1760
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny5 View Post
It acts and reacts just as I'd want it to and I feel very connected with it while driving.
Now that's what it's all about!
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:39 PM   #1761
twinspool
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
twinspool is on the path to ruintwinspool is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
man that is sick ride! What are your alignment specs?
twinspool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:54 AM   #1762
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
so what happen with your 'new' tein coils?
Old 06-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #1763
Johny5
Post Whore!

I wanted to move up to something with a bit more adjustment. The Tein's were amazing coils but as I move forward with all these changes the independent adjustment of the rebound and compression stroke is very important to me.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #1764
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
all of the clutch kicks

ALL OF THEM !

;p
Old 06-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #1765
Johny5
Post Whore!

god gave me a left foot for a reason, and it wasn't to modulate a brake pedal <3
Old 06-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #1766
Johny5
Post Whore!

Hey guys, sorry its been a long minute! I've been working my butt off across the US and finally got a chance to sit down and write up some blogs from my adventures The only thing left is Summit Point but I'm giving it a bit as I'm already back out in the garage haha. Some previews of whats to come..

...and a whole hell of a lot of driving. Now with more 326 power and George parts!

Stewart Leask - The Life and Times of My Skid Chariot and I

I'll be updating this a lot, promise. Please go check it out, show some support and spread it around. Thanks guys! In the meantime, here's some teasers from Summit Point as well as a short writeup from Joey Chrisman of WFSU

http://wfsu.net/blog/auto/hyperfest/
Old 06-27-2012, 12:34 PM   #1767
Johny5
Post Whore!

Got s14 FLCA's? Ready for an affordable rollcenter correction? Get ready, these will be available soon
Old 07-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #1768
Johny5
Post Whore!

Finally, an event worth smiling for! My mind has finally slowed down from this weekend and so I am here to share a small bit of the experience. I start off my weekend as I do every other event weekend...in the garage

I brought the setup to life, I measured out and set the bumpsteer and I got my FLCAs as close to the angle they had with Driftworks front spindles. As of right now they are roughly parallel to the ground (within a degree, maybe two), perfect! Set up an alignment on the car, swapped rear springs and was ready to go. I got my car on the trailer with some RT615K scrubs and hit up Mineral Wells for practice/testing and some tandem with Matt Powers. Immediately I caught it, overcentering. I rushed through my tasks and measurements Friday and missed the damn mark, again. So the solution for the time being was just going to be stay off full lock. I finished out the day like so and made some other changes. Mineral Wells is a terribly slippery lot so I played with swaybar settings, damping and tire pressures. I ended up liking the changes and proudly loaded my car on the trailer for Sunday's event.

Being no stranger to TMS my first run picked up right where I last left off. My spotter and crew chief loved the runs so we just fine tuned all day. During practice I had a chance to do more tandem with Matt on real surface which was awesome! Quite a few people came up to me telling me how fast my car was which felt very satisfying. It was just as quick as Summit Point only now I could hurl the car at full lock or B-line it for the fastest way through the course as possible. Steering was predictable and wheel speed was up lots.

I'll have a full writeup and explanation soon but essentially Fabricated Motorsports LSD rd. 2 ended in a 2nd place qualifying position and a 1st place finish. This was a much needed round of good competition after taking quite the beating at the last 2 XDCs. My buddies Jake and Sy got some awesome pics from the weekend I felt like sharing.

Lots of paint was traded this weekend and I had a BLAST! There's so much more to share but that is all for now. I love this little car so so much!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #1769
hypercrush
Zilvia Junkie

hypercrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Feelin it so hard right now! Congrats buddy!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #1770
surge s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
surge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
such a wicked car.